lime Cordial

I can't find lime cordial anywhere on-line. Has anyone tried to make lime cordial from a bottle of lime juice. It looks like you just need to add sugar and water. It would be nice to have a shot of lime cordial in a beer occasionally.

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Varieties on a similar theme that be worth a try ?

฿35.00  | น้ำมะนาว ตราครัวนภัส น้ำหนัก 1000 มล. | https://s.lazada.co.th/s.1WXNX

Yes that was what I was thinking of buying, but need to transform in a cordial. Looking on the web, it seems cordial has a lot of sugar and more water. I wondered if anybody has tried before, and if so how much sugar and water to add.

I'm not sure it is a lime cordial but you can find bottles of sweet lime (real or artificial?) in almost any liquor department in the supermarkets.  An Irish friend used to use it all the time in his beer and seemed happy with it.

Yes you can buy lime cordial very easily.

Most Super Cheap stores keep it and also most drinks warehouses that supply bars etc.

Don't use the sweet stuff intended for syrupy ice drinks, it's far too sickly sweet other drinks e.g. a gimlet.

Edited by pookett

2 minutes ago, pookett said:

Yes you can buy lime cordial very easily.

Most Super Cheap stores keep it and also most drinks warehouses that supply bars etc.

I've not found one that is as good as Rose's Lime Cordial yet.

• Like 1

The reason I am looking for it on-line is because I am in That Phanom, very much non tourist area. When I am in Krabi there is a shop in Krabi town that sells it 70 Baht a bottle. Unfortunately this year we did not travel to Krabi. Roses at Lazada ( out of stock ) at 380 Baht a bottle is priced a bit over the top.

17 hours ago, mirage said:

Lime juice is available here, I was just trying to find out if it would become like a cordial by adding sugar and water. Has anybody tried that ?.

Don't just add sugar, you need to make a syrup (boil water add sugar and melt.)  I have managed to grow a lemon tree which this year has so many lemons, i have juiced them and made lemon-ice cubes, next time i have gin n tonic i'll just pop one in (4 cubes per lemon.) with the lime you could pop one into hot water with adjusted to taste sugar, cool and then add to whatever. enjoy. sugar preserves the juice. ????

• Like 1