Honda ADV 150

I have a 5 year old Click 125, still run pretty good, no major problems but relative is interested in getting it, thus was looking into a new bike and driving trhu Krabi town decided to stop at the local Honda dealer, they had a beautiful red ADV 150 in display, listed at 85K, quite nice looking, does anybody has one or knows how good riding/reliable they are and if this price is correct at other dealers.

Last year somebody posted something about it

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1112841-new-scooter-honda-x-adv-150-cc/

Edited by Mavideol
missed some info

Never heard of it, so just googled it. 

It looks very nice. 

It looks like Honda have at last replaced the defunky air blade, what was a very good scooter. 

Years ago, I had a yamaha nuevoux, which was similar to the air blade. 

After many years, I looked around, and plumbed for a pcx. 

I wasn't impressed with its handling at all. 

It seemed like the designer had never rode a bike, and just designed it on paper. 

This adv150 looks to me like the bike that Honda should have made instead of the pcx. 

Im now riding a yamaha earox which looks very similar, and handles very well. 

It also has abs, and though I read that it's useless on a small bike, I find it a great help when descending the mountain roads in my area, so I'm sure the Honda will do the same. 

• Thanks 1

Agree with northsouthdevide

I've had w Nouvos and now on an Aerox. I would have considered the ADV150 but it wasn't out when I got my Aerox ABS (for 72,000).

Not sure what's so special about the ADV for 82k, though. It looks like it does a bit of off-roading, but not much.

Enjoy it if you buy it.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, 2long said:

Agree with northsouthdevide

I've had w Nouvos and now on an Aerox. I would have considered the ADV150 but it wasn't out when I got my Aerox ABS (for 72,000).

Not sure what's so special about the ADV for 82k, though. It looks like it does a bit of off-roading, but not much.

Enjoy it if you buy it.

I think I made a mistake with the price and it should be around 95K which is away out of what I was intended to spend, maybe going back to Click 150 for 62K

9 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I think I made a mistake with the price and it should be around 95K which is away out of what I was intended to spend, maybe going back to Click 150 for 62K

I'm selling my 1 year old Click 150i, if ur interested. ???? Great bike, just wanna go up some CC's. ????

1 minute ago, thequietman said:

I'm selling my 1 year old Click 150i, if ur interested. ???? Great bike, just wanna go up some CC's. ????

thks but still have to decide on what if Yamaha (they have great new models) or Honda.....

I believe 98k is the official price

85k cash out the door for a new (not 2nd hand) is a steal ask them does it include registration

the cheapest I found is 91k usually they go around for 93 which at the cheaper dealers

Usually dealers will put on price more than the msrp for cash, as that won't earn them the interest on finance, but in this climate they're dumping stock as fast as they can 

50 minutes ago, Henryford said:

In Pattaya they are basically 100k on the road. Looks a nice bike but not worth it when you can get an Aerox for 70k.

My friend (Pattaya) traded his Aerox for a ADV and loves it.

What is your experience with the models.?

( you can get a new Wave for B32K.)

6 hours ago, papa al said:

better

The ADV costs more but might be worth it.  The aerox is an incomplete motorbike.  It has a great motor and looks good but the suspension is absolute junk as is the strength of the scooter.  The tires are way too big for the weak frame and small fork tubes and actually make the bike more dangerous in my opinion.  Yamaha could have done it right for 5-10k more but aimed low.  And to boot it is impossible to read the dash in any kind of bright daylight... unbelievable.

Edited by losworld
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, losworld said:

The ADV costs more but might be worth it.  The aerox is an incomplete motorbike.  It has a great motor and looks good but the suspension is absolute junk as is the strength of the scooter.  The tires are way too big for the weak frame and small fork tubes and actually make the bike more dangerous in my opinion.  Yamaha could have done it right for 5-10k more but aimed low.  And to boot it is impossible to read the dash in any kind of bright daylight... unbelievable.

that's something I heard before, already 4-5 people spoke about it and also the Yamaha repairs/spare parts replacing more costly then Honda

5 hours ago, Mavideol said:

that's something I heard before, already 4-5 people spoke about it and also the Yamaha repairs/spare parts replacing more costly then Honda

Here is why I think the adv is a better bike:

1) Honda engines and fuel injection are superior to Yamaha and the result is a very smooth bike while the Aerox is jerky.  Both the aerox and nmax vibrate far too much for a 150 cc single piston.  

2) The adv chassis and suspension is far superior to Yamaha.  Why do you think there are so many aftermarket shocks and forks seen on Aerox and even Nmax? 

3) The adv is engineered from the ground up.  Yamaha took the Mio design and made it sexy, added fat tires which are actually counter productive and put in a fast motor motor. .   Those fat tires put increased stress on undersized forks up front, reduce top speed and decrease handling but hey they look good.  I would love to hear from someone that has downsized their tires on the aerox (and not the kiddy reacer bicycle tires lol).

Not trying to knock the yamaha aerox as it is a good inner city commuter but it is not a sports bike with the strength or handling for anything safely above 90 km in my opinion.  

Edited by losworld
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, losworld said:

Those fat tires put increased stress on undersized forks up front,

Kindly explain how bigger tires put more stress on the suspension.

{-: the tires are big part of the suspension ;-]

tw200.png

Edited by papa al

18 hours ago, papa al said:

Kindly explain how bigger tires put more stress on the suspension.

{-: the tires are big part of the suspension ;-]

tw200.png

They do when the forks are undersized forks.  Take one on a road with cracks or uneven surfaces and you will notice the wobble and vibrations.  

Edited by losworld

1 hour ago, losworld said:

They do when the forks are undersized forks.  Take one on a road with cracks or uneven surfaces and you will notice the wobble and vibrations.  

papa notices wobble & vibrations with small tires too.

Like ceeber.

Can papa borrow yours?

Any other Earwax riders concur with heem?

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...

Just bought the ADV150 new. Having previously had a few PCX's that I didn't mind riding, I tried a NMax and preferred the ride so switched to that for the last 12 months. The ADV is something else, much nicer ride - it sounds like its electric and goes so smooth I'm suddenly at 80kmh without realising. It doesn't have the jerkiness that the Nmax has when dropping off the revs, meaning my missus doesn't headbutt me every time anymore. She says its better as a passenger as she can now see over my helmet rather than looking around it. Fuel is on 43km/L at 100km and that has been a 23km return from the dealer over a rollercoaster road with some steep hills and driving around town.

Not really tested its off road capabilities but just on the dirt and stone track to our house and on the stone chip driveways it is much better. On the Nmax it would always find a groove to go into and slip out at the back end, the ADV glides over them at much higher speed than I would dare on the Yam or PCX. Higher riding position like a motocross and better ground clearance. I would always catch the stand on an entrance to a restaurant we go to and could only manage to not hit it by my missus getting off to reduce the weight and approaching it side on. First time, straight over with the missus on.

I'm 178cm (5'10") but have short legs (30inch) and at the moment I'm having to get on and off like a normal motorbike as I'm scared of scratching the fuel cap area when swinging my leg through, its just that much higher its hard not to catch it without thinking. I've got a tank sticker set from Shopee for 219 baht, just waiting for a dry day to fit it. I'm also on my toes when stopped at lights but not uncomfortably so. In the UK I had a Yamaha DT125 Supermoto for years and its quite similar in riding position to that, just wish it had its 2 stroke powerband so I could nail all the Thai knobheads on their souped up scooters:)

The other thing is, no one here as ever seen one - so I'm the only person with one and everyone keeps asking about it. It really is a nice looking bike.

adv=150.jpg

Edited by kebabby
add image
  • Like 1