Bangkok starts to open but not Chiang Mai?

Trujillo

Sarah.s  Coffee/ Restaruant was open  last Saturday in the  Tambon San Pong  Maerim  District and noticed  several others yesterday re opening 

O/P pull your other leg and it may yodel ????

Edited by deej
  • Haha 1

The government has released a list of 29 businesses that must remain closed. All others can now open, maintaining sanitary measures for customers.

The Chiang Mai Archery Range opens today, but with only half the targets, spaced further apart so shooters can maintain social distance while on the firing line. Reservations must be made for shooting times, given in two-hour blocks.

At least we are outside in the sunshine once again!

Restaurants are allowed to open. Thing is many used the downtime to do renovations, staff are not here, so even if they could open today some won't. For instance Giotto in Meechok is closed until 15 May. Many others should open though.

Hairdressers should also open.

The malls like Central are not allowed to open yet, which is idiotic of course.

2 hours ago, Trujillo said:

All I know is I went to a pie shop I frequent in Nimenhamen and they had no idea about letting anyone inside. I drove to the Sunday Walking Street at 5:30pm and nothing.

Try again today and tomorrow. The 3rd was the date stated for the re-openings.

Check with the newspapers daily for more correct information.

The national list is what may open if province allows - it is up to each province to issue new orders to replace those previously issued.  Your menu may vary.  A long holiday weekend is probably not the best timing for government action.

You have to remember that the reopen kind of came out of no where one day closed 2 days later open with restrictions. I was the first customer in Maddogs Sunday morning for breakfast. You drove down all the big tourist roads of course no one is there. The entire old city is locked down by 7pm.

2 hours ago, Trujillo said:

"At least we are outside in the sunshine once again!"

??

I understand that this is confusing to you. Let me help you understand.

"At least we are outside in the sunshine once again!" means that now that many of the closures have been re-opened, we have places to go and things to do outside in the fresh air. The sun is shining, I can see from Doi Suthep all the way east across the Chiang Mai valley to the mountains on the other side, so yes, there is fresh air again too.

Huay Tung Tao is open for walking or biking, there are restaurants open again so if we want to take a day's motorcycle ride into the mountains, there will be places where we can sit and have a nice meal. It means if you are a golfer, you can get in your 18 holes under blue skies and sun again.

But... I think you knew all this and were just acting foolishly.

Edited by FolkGuitar
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Trujillo said:

All I know is I went to a pie shop I frequent in Nimenhamen and they had no idea about letting anyone inside. I drove to the Sunday Walking Street at 5:30pm and nothing. Went home via Loy Kroh Road and nothing open for sit down (95% of shops shuttered). Down Night Bazaar total ghost town. Anusarn Market shortcut -- total shutdown and the far end gate locked. 

Along the river road, nothing open at all. No restaurants even for take away. 

I'm sorry I didn't hit the 2% that tried to open but I am just posting about what I actually saw. 

As I understand it, restaurants that provide outdoor (open-air) seating can be open for sit-down diners; restaurants that are exclusively indoors (with air-conditioning) can only provide take-out service. I had a sit-down meal at the Gekko Garden yesterday (covered with a roof but "open-air"); not many customers, but they were happily serving!

Took a walk down Nimmanhamein Road this morning and noticed one restaurant with sit down service in the patio.  All others looked the same: Delivery or take out.  Inside Maya Mall it was the same except that True and AIS were open with limited entry.  Employees behind the counter were wearing the face shields and an employee checked your temperature before entry.  Everything else in the mall was closed(I guess today was a Bank holiday as well?).  Also, the barbers were in full swing(thank Buddha).  

15 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

I got a haircut today and Chiang Mai made an appointment I was the only one inside everything was clean happy camper TIT

That is what I need first - - a haircut - - #1 buzz... clean is nice, quick is nice - I don't want to camp there though. 

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Everything else in the mall was closed

Shopping Mall shops are not supposed to be open except for certain businesses.

1 hour ago, HullyGully said:

I have a haircut today, only two other customers

Chairs were approx 2 metres apart

I had to fill in my name and phone number, which is a good idea

I had to fill in my name, location, phone number, ID number, as well as getting my temperature entered on the form at the Archery Range. Everyone was required to wear masks except when on the firing line. Staff all in masks and shields.  I'm all in favor of this sort of care.

• Like 1

Got my haircut at my usual place in Meechok Plaza. Made an appointment yesterday for 11:00 this morning. Got there at 11:00, immediately served, every other chair used, everyone in masks, disinfectant used on counter and chairs. Excellent service. Left a 200 Bt. tip.

23 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

Went to our local Hotel where we used to swim tonight. Sat down for dinner and the waitress said Leo for you.

Well, no alcohol is allowed in any restaurant/hotel until further notice. That includes beer. 

9 hours ago, Cory1848 said:

As I understand it, restaurants that provide outdoor (open-air) seating can be open for sit-down diners; restaurants that are exclusively indoors (with air-conditioning) can only provide take-out service. I had a sit-down meal at the Gekko Garden yesterday (covered with a roof but "open-air"); not many customers, but they were happily serving!

Only outdoor seating? Where did you read that? Don't you read news online? There are strict guidelines though for every restaurant to follow starting May 3. That includes no alcohol with the food, only buy and drink at home. 

On 5/3/2020 at 11:53 PM, Bill97 said:

Look again.  I see restaurants open.  I was even in two.

What is going on?  You have started a thread based on false information.  

Sad sad sad.

I read a post about 2 malls opening in Bangkok...are there any opening in Chiang Mai?

8 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Well, no alcohol is allowed in any restaurant/hotel until further notice. That includes beer. 

Yes. All restaurants across the country are rigorously enforcing the no alcohol ban.

The hotel we go to is owned by the local Mafia. So no problem. Cheers

8 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Only outdoor seating? Where did you read that? Don't you read news online?

First it was 1.5 meter separation - then no air conditioned buildings - then only outdoor seating - then 1-2 meter separation.  Depends on what news you read and on what hour of the day.  This ride has more curves than a roller coaster.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pizzachang said:

I read a post about 2 malls opening in Bangkok...are there any opening in Chiang Mai?

Most mall shops in Chiang Mai province are still required to be closed, as are Mall food courts.

Certain 'essential' businesses in Malls are allowed open.