Bangkok starts to open but not Chiang Mai?

Trujillo

I think some of these shops were confused and the government didn't inform them properly.

I saw some small Thai eateries open with dine-in, some are still take-away. The government didn't give them sufficient notice time or they are confused themselves.

From what I read, dine-in at malls are not allowed but dine-in at small Thai eateries are allowed.

On 5/4/2020 at 8:03 AM, Trujillo said:

All I know is I went to a pie shop I frequent in Nimenhamen and they had no idea about letting anyone inside. I drove to the Sunday Walking Street at 5:30pm and nothing. Went home via Loy Kroh Road and nothing open for sit down (95% of shops shuttered). Down Night Bazaar total ghost town. Anusarn Market shortcut -- total shutdown and the far end gate locked. 

Frankly, I think Chiang Mai is too paranoid, Bangkok was hit harder than Chiang Mai.

Chiang Mai should open their walking streets and bazaar.

There is only one case nationwide today. LOL

Just one more than the best zero case in Vietnam.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 8:03 AM, Trujillo said:

All I know is I went to a pie shop I frequent in Nimenhamen and they had no idea about letting anyone inside. I drove to the Sunday Walking Street at 5:30pm and nothing.

"Try again today and tomorrow. The 3rd was the date stated for the re-openings."

According to my calendar, Sunday was the 3rd. 

I was out at a Thai restaurant yesterday. No dividers, business exactly as usual. Saw some  restaurants having some strange table configurations, obviously they get no business. Only restaurants that open as normal do. 

Went shopping afterwards without a  mask, nobody said anything. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

All I know is I went to a pie shop I frequent in Nimenhamen and they had no idea about letting anyone inside. I drove to the Sunday Walking Street at 5:30pm and nothing.

"Try again today and tomorrow. The 3rd was the date stated for the re-openings."

Great to know that you can read your calendar.

Of course all 100% of the shops were 100% prepared for reopening with all the staff returned from their villages and shelves fully stocked so they could open at the first possible minute.  So nobody would be opening a few days later.  If they did not open right on time they would be fined and imprisioned.

Now that is resolved please get in your vehicle and go ride about making a new inspection to report to us this evening.  We can hardly wait to find out what else is not as it should be.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Where exactly did you see the requirement that shops must open on the 3rd?

I can't find that anywhere. I only see that they are allowed to open on the 3rd.

Try looking around again on Friday, and tell us what bothers you then. We'll wait.

3 hours ago, Logosone said:

I was out at a Thai restaurant yesterday. No dividers, business exactly as usual. Saw some  restaurants having some strange table configurations, obviously they get no business. Only restaurants that open as normal do. 

Went shopping afterwards without a  mask, nobody said anything. 

Nobody said anything but i bet thought what an ignorant farang. I am sure that the image of farangs went down in some Thais eyes because of your selfish actions. It is because of people like yourself who walk around thinking that they can do whatever they want that farangs get a bad name.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Where exactly did you see the requirement that shops must open on the 3rd?

I can't find that anywhere. I only see that they are allowed to open on the 3rd.

Try looking around again on Friday, and tell us what bothers you then. We'll wait.

Some shops are allowed to open but whether they want to open is another matter.

I went to an eatery in Nimman today, I asked them why the shop is still not open for dine-in customers yet, the boss said they are 'not ready'. 

I guess some are still terrified of contracting the virus.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Throatwobbler said:

It is because of people like yourself who walk around thinking that they can do whatever they want that farangs get a bad name.

Must be from Michigan, complete with balding head, tattoos, and a beer gut. Oh yeah, and unfortunately with a vote.....

• Like 1