New safety protocols for golfers in Thailand

12 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

So when the caddie gives the player his club he has to be 1.5 metres away?

The Caddie will walk behind the cart.  Upon Arrival at the location of the ball the caddie will determine the type of club needed and remove it from the players bag.  The caddie will then place the club next to the ball after disinfecting the club.  The player then will move to the ball and pick up the club.  Should the player decide a different club is needed the process will be completed over again...........Slow play will be encouraged, and no Army golf will be allowed.

• Haha 2

The electronic payment "for goods and services will be encouraged" is interesting as most courses I play at always insist on cash for the caddie fee. I cannot remember however specifically for Banyan if they were the same.

Tipping the caddie by electronic means might be pushing it however ????

• Like 1

Wow how scientific , sanitary golf as the extensive study was completed by " outside consultants" for only 10 million baht. The Poster must be collectible it's already a classic. So after the caddie cleans your balls does she disenfect them or just hit away. Don't forget to polish the shaft of the putter before each use !

We really are at Looney Tunes studios, where's Bugs ? I might even take up golf again just for a few laughs as I dig a trench on my approach shot....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greg O said:

Wow how scientific , sanitary golf as the extensive study was completed by " outside consultants" for only 10 million baht. The Poster must be collectible it's already a classic. So after the caddie cleans your balls does she disenfect them or just hit away. Don't forget to polish the shaft of the putter before each use !

We really are at Looney Tunes studios, where's Bugs ? I might even take up golf again just for a few laughs as I dig a trench on my approach shot....

You said cleans your balls,  hahahaha, and then polishes your shaft,,,,now thats some funny shhiittee

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Apparently at Phoenix only the caddy can touch your balls even on the tee

Screenshot_20200504-094535.png

Interesting as looks like showers were open there. Certainly could not use them at Pattavia.

Having the caddies set the tee seems like overkill and would be very inconvenient for many.

Wearing a face mask all day to day was not ideal - it was very hot early afternoon.  

Played today, caddie wore a mask, I didn't. Walked.

I play golf partly for exercise, and doing that while wearing a mask is BS. I'm out there on about 200 acres of land at 6.30 am with no-one else around except the caddie, get real.

This is so lame it is laughable.  If there is any "game" that in and of itself lends to distancing it is golf.  

After golf and cleaning up, I went to Market Village hoping to find myself a new alarm clock.  If you think the golf deal is ridiculous just head down to your nearest Big Store Mall.  All of the small shops that are undoubtedly difficult to keep in business are closed.  Got a problem with your cell phone.....not sorry, entire 3rd floor is closed.  Want an alarm clock.....sorry, 3rd floor closed.  Want some new clothes other than those in Tesco?  Sorry, closed.  Want some good shoes or a good meal........so sorry, closed.  

You know what's open?  Of course, the big stores:  Tesco, Power Buy (gotta have those TV's for sale....you know it's an emergency when your TV goes out), Home Pro for all of your other needs of course.  All of the little shops....that, buy the way, rarely have even ONE customer.....sorry, closed.

I have asked everyone I know.....not a single one of them have even heard of anyone in Hua Hin or Cha Am that had, or knew anyone that has had COVID.........WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY THINKING ??  Your friendly Government wants to make sure you are very, very, very, very safe.........and apparently we all are.   Some of us that aren't expats are having a hard time finding money for food, gas for the motorcycle and medicine.............but hey, they are safe from nasty COVID-19 !!!!

Edited by TGIR

49 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Played today, caddie wore a mask, I didn't. Walked.

I play golf partly for exercise, and doing that while wearing a mask is BS. I'm out there on about 200 acres of land at 6.30 am with no-one else around except the caddie, get real.

I also played today and the caddies have been told if anyone they caddy for does not wear a mask they (the caddy) would get a "holiday".

Make sure that does not apply where you play.

2 minutes ago, Thailand said:

I also played today and the caddies have been told if anyone they caddy for does not wear a mask they (the caddy) would get a "holiday".

Make sure that does not apply where you play.

I get my temperature taken at the front gate. Any course that told their caddies that would not get my business.  I do wear a mask when paying at the counter, take it off when I am playing.

The caddies have had zero income for a month, I don't think they would be too impressed with a BS rule like that either.

What's the name of the course that has that rule? PM me if you don't want it out here, please.

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The Caddie will walk behind the cart.  Upon Arrival at the location of the ball the caddie will determine the type of club needed and remove it from the players bag.  The caddie will then place the club next to the ball after disinfecting the club.  The player then will move to the ball and pick up the club.  Should the player decide a different club is needed the process will be completed over again...........Slow play will be encouraged, and no Army golf will be allowed.

Why not just have Caddie advise which club if advise is needed then player get/return the club. Disinfecting the club could get

on the grips... Caddie can give yardage most frequent golfers know their distances per club....

2 hours ago, Venom said:

How about some new rules for children riding motorcycles with no helmet? 

Was not aware that kids kid play through on their mc's, that adds a new obstacle.  I always aimed for the guy in the cart picking up the balls on the driving range.  Now I guess I can aim for kids on the fairways on MC's, now that's going to take talent to knock one off.....

1 hour ago, DaRoadrunner said:

No reference to the 19th hole? And no way am I having my balls disinfected!

I once was in a pennant team with a top golfer who had the rather disconcerting habit of popping his golf ball into his mouth after he had marked it on the putting green. The wife of my match opponent was a classic blonde, very innocent. As we watched from the side of the 17th green, she saw said player do his usual routine. She exclaimed " He's licking his balls " and then gazed at us in wonderment as we rolled around on the grass helpless with laughter.