Video: Mad rush for booze - stores swamped as alcohol stocks fly off shelves in minutes!

webfact

28 minutes ago, graemeaylward said:

I thought that all shops had to enforce "social distancing" or they would be closed down!  These people pushing and jostling for position are just animals! No distancing, no manners, no thought for others! Sometimes I despair of the human race ????

It should have been anticipated and expected that any ban, once lifted would have consequences. Cause and effect. Which, IMO, made the banning of alcohol sales countrywide a potential hazard.  If they had banned pubs, bars, and restaurants from selling alcohol - and not allowing shop bought alcohol to be consumed in these and other public areas - it would have been a more appropriate strategy.

So now, we have to hope that the multi rush-hour crush countrywide to stock up will not cause a spike in the number of infected cases.  If it had been the USA or UK, the social distancing non-compliance outcome would have been disastrous, and Thailand can thank their lucky stars that pre-ban infected cases have been so low.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mickyr55 said:

If this was at 10am the only people allowed to purchase alcohol in Makro at that time are registered business owners, so by the time normal public can buy the shelves were empty ????????

This registered business owners is a thing of the past as well as the "more than 10 liter" rule.

Never seen a buyer pass the checkout at Makro before 11 AM.

Usually I hurry to make it out before 11.

Recently I caused some raised eyebrows with the "vine winegar" at the checkout.

After some palavar with fellow staff the cashier was convinced it's non alcoholic :cheesy::cheesy:

Since long a Ritter chocolate "Rum Raisins Hazelnuts" has vanished from the shelves.

Can't remember ever having seen chocolate/confectionery with alcohol(?).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

In their infinite wisdom, the government and the governors have inadvertently created exactly the sort of situation they were trying to avoid. 

Exactly that by leaving open the chance for overzealous governors to ban again (as already done).

That happens with non elected governors playing the "promote me" game.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

Here in Ubon there was absolutely no rush at all yesterday on Saturday morning. I first went to my local wine and spirit shop and I was the only one there. Then I went up to Tesco to buy some large bottles of wine as my local shop doesn't sell these. I think I saw three people buying alcohol. Just like normal days. 

• Like 1