Drinkers in four provinces fed up as governors prolong no booze agony!

webfact

Drinkers in four provinces fed up as governors prolong no booze agony!

2pm.jpg

File photo

Thai media Daily News reported that the governors of four provinces had not lifted the alcohol ban on Sunday. 

These were Phitsanulok in the north, Pathum Thani north of Bangkok, Petchaburi heading south and Buriram in the north east of Thailand. 

The media - citing a proverbial name for drinkers who can never get enough alcohol - said that drinkers were fed up in those areas. 

The lifting of the alcohol ban in most of Thailand came after the Covid-19 numbers showed continued improvement.

People must consume the alcohol at home as bars and drinking in restaurants remains off limits, perhaps for all of May. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-04

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

I’m sure they’ll find it easier to stock up than before

I would say I’m happy the restrictions been lifted where I live, but the increased drinking throughout the ban has left me with a stomach ulcer since yesterday ????

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, keith101 said:

I dont drink so i really couldn't give a flying expletive about the ban . 

So tell us how you really feel about the ban.  I have never heard of a flying expletive, did not no that curse words could fly except when spit out during a tirade.

• Haha 2

It should have been anticipated and expected that any ban, once lifted would have consequences. Cause and effect. Which, IMO, made the banning of alcohol sales countrywide a potential hazard.  If they had banned pubs, bars, and restaurants from selling alcohol - and not allowing shop bought alcohol to be consumed in these and other public areas - it would have been a more appropriate strategy.

So now, we have to hope that the multi rush-hour crush countrywide to stock up will not cause a spike in the number of infected cases.  If it had been the USA or UK, the social distancing non-compliance outcome would have been disastrous, and Thailand can thank their lucky stars that pre-ban infected cases have been so low.

10 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

This is inaccurate. I don't know ONE drinker who can't find booze if they know where to look. My non-drinking girlfriend found beer for me without much trouble at all. Thais are not very law-abiding, when it comes to interfering with their incomes or their thirst.

My old lady and our daughter are staying in Isaan thru all this. She says in her village the boss is walking around to catch folks drinking to find out who's selling alcohol during the ban. She said they were super serious about the ban.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

went into 711 last night......OMG......certainly a different set of characters compared to last month.

sugar, addiction.  alcohol, addiction.  

i would rather think about my problems and then exercise instead of drinking and trying not to worry.  

yes, i'm saying NOBODY is buying just one beer to relax.  they are leaving with 100 bottles of whiskey.  lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

The booze ban was never necessary. These four regions continuing it after it has finished makes even less sense. 

You're in the wrong country hoping that things will make sense, i myself can't get my head around many things in this country that don't make sense...

• Like 2