Pattaya: More misery as pubs, bars and entertainment ordered shut until the end of the month

webfact

On 5/10/2020 at 1:36 PM, BritManToo said:

Maybe they should forget tourists and encourage western pensioners to all move here permanently.

Must be loads of old guys living in bedsits in the UK who'd be happy to live in a condo in Pattaya.

Every UK pensioner has at least 600GBP a month to spend, that's probably more than a Chinese/Indian tourist spends here.

Must be loads of old guys living in bedsits in the UK NZ who'd be happy to live in a condo in Pattaya.

Count me in.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 2:31 PM, kingdong said:

Think you underestimate me,am not a newbie and have made over 30 visits,I might buy one lady drink and sometimes don,t do that just tip her 100baht and then pay  barfine and leave,this is due to the greed of the bar,seems to be a myth circulating once you pay bar fine her drinks are normal price,never had it happen to me,i,'ve also had it where i,'ve attempted to bar fine a gir l to be told by the mamasaan  "i,'ve got to buy 2 drinks" I just smile and say yet mung,I don,t come to Thailand to be told what i,m going to do and when i,m going to do it,seems a lot of pussy whipped mugs do however.

Lady drinks are the same whether the girl is barfined or not. If one wants to keep drinking go to a different bar where the lady drink price does not apply to her.

Back in the day no bargirl would arrange to meet outside the bar, but times change and less mongers are around so they are more desperate.

I never bought lady drinks back in the 90s. I just told her that I'd give her half the price of a lady drink if she sat with me. Never had a refusal.

Sometimes they'd sit with me without any money for them if they were bored. Probably hoped I'd take them out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Lady drinks are the same whether the girl is barfined or not. If one wants to keep drinking go to a different bar where the lady drink price does not apply to her.

Back in the day no bargirl would arrange to meet outside the bar, but times change and less mongers are around so they are more desperate.

I never bought lady drinks back in the 90s. I just told her that I'd give her half the price of a lady drink if she sat with me. Never had a refusal.

Sometimes they'd sit with me without any money for them if they were bored. Probably hoped I'd take them out.

Trust me, nothing's changed. Still a big no no to arrange to meet outside the bar, although many did then and even more do now. Difference now is far more "sie lie" girls in the bars now who can come and go as they please. Was recently sat with a girl in a bar and she received a call. came back and gave her apologies as a customer had ordered a takeaway. No barfine, no lady drinks, nothing whatsoever for the bar. Off she went. All this has come about because the relationship between bars and girls is now a sellers market. Bars can't recruit decent girls or keep them so the girls just extract the urine from the bar owners/mamasans.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It may have been early 90s but many beer bars I used, the lady drink was the same price as your drink. The GGBs had the overpriced lolly water. Later you had to take her out to avoid the higher charge, and nowadays they seem to try and take you to a place where they still get a kickback... even the disco places. 

On 5/18/2020 at 2:01 PM, jacko45k said:

It may have been early 90s but many beer bars I used, the lady drink was the same price as your drink. The GGBs had the overpriced lolly water. Later you had to take her out to avoid the higher charge, and nowadays they seem to try and take you to a place where they still get a kickback... even the disco places. 

I was referring to gogos, not barbeers. Long ago I bought a drink for the cashier in a barbeer and she didn't come near me again, so that was probably the last lady drink I bought in a bar beer for a girl I didn't know that I taking out. Even then I usually just looked, chatted and took away.

I was never in a gogo that had same price for ladydrink.

the lady drink was the same price as your drink

It was still cheaper to give them half the ladydrink price than pay for another standard price drink.

Edited by thaibeachlovers