Pattaya: More misery as pubs, bars and entertainment ordered shut until the end of the month

webfact

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

The Chief Medic Guy advising that Government had already said Bars Clubs Boxing Stadiums would be the very last type of businesses to reopen and not for a long time

That doesnt mean June 1st !!

Even in the UK we are suggesting Christmas and I'd be surprised if Thailand was much earlier because of the prime reason its where people congregate obviously

Congregations usually occur in religious places. Using that information, does this mean the temples will be closed until Christmas as well?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chivas said:

The Chief Medic Guy advising that Government had already said Bars Clubs Boxing Stadiums would be the very last type of businesses to reopen and not for a long time

That doesnt mean June 1st !!

Even in the UK we are suggesting Christmas and I'd be surprised if Thailand was much earlier because of the prime reason its where people congregate obviously

If bars/clubs/pubs are closed until the end of the year, then there will be none left in business. It should be your own personal decision to congregate in a bar and if the staff are willing to work. By stopping people socializing it will leave a dystopian society of people fearful of the virus and others not happy about their lifestyle being taken away from them.

• Like 2

I am now completely confused as had breakfast this morning in Retox and yesterday apparently they had a fair no. of diners. I also saw a few places open on Soi Buakhow so is this another flip flop or a mistake as others suggested?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jimn said:

MODS please correct this article

This is totally incorrect information. Restaurants can open in Pattaya for eat inside the restaurant. Only alcohol has to be consumed off premises.

Was wading through the comments to find someone who had noticed that classic blunder. 
Pattaya restaurants are allowed to open as of yesterday for eat in except in malls where it remains delivery/takeout only. Restaurants are allowed to sell alcohol, but only for consumption “at home”. The curfew still applies so most close 9-9.30pm

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

Sounds a bit like me.

It might be quiet, but I notice the boy racers starting up again. Not long until a wire across the lamposts is needed.....(joke, in poor taste I agree - so what? )

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, wedders said:

Was wading through the comments to find someone who had noticed that classic blunder. 
Pattaya restaurants are allowed to open as of yesterday for eat in except in malls where it remains delivery/takeout only. Restaurants are allowed to sell alcohol, but only for consumption “at home”. The curfew still applies so most close 9-9.30pm

Why would someone pay 'restaurant' price for a bottle of Singha, when you can go to 7-11 next door and get it for much less?

Edited by stouricks
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Reopening date is all a question of how long the bars can hold out without customers VS how long the Police can hold out without their brown envelopes VS how long we can go without a short time. Who will crack first?

If they open the nightlife they can announce that Corona is over. At least the fight against it.

4 minutes ago, Oldie said:

If they open the nightlife they can announce that Corona is over. At least the fight against it.

But they published a poster today with smiley faces saying they had 0 Thai's infected as of todays announcement, and those that were were already in quarantine within the deportation holding center......so open up the ......yeah, not yet....

7 hours ago, newatthis said:

Foreigners and Thais arrested after caught drinking in Pattaya.

If you're going to break the rules, you're gotta take the punishment.

If you can,t do the time don,t do the crime.

Just now, luk AJ said:

Yesterday in Bangkok I wanted to see how this new rule is applied in a restaurant. I walked into the restaurant hand in hand with my wife. We both had mouth masks, were screened for temperature, hands disinfected. The waitress guided us to separate tables because of social distance rules. I walked out, end of story. Who in his right mind would accept sitting with his wife or girlfriend at separate tables???  In the corner of the restaurant, staff were waiting for customers, all sitting at the same table.

Well they were not to know for  sure it was your wife. It is not unheard of for 'couples' to have met only recently in Bangkok too. It appears we are in an era of single, solitary dining. Let us hope in the future, those that arrive as couples can eat so... although the rules are laid down for them. 

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well they were not to know for  sure it was your wife. It is not unheard of for 'couples' to have met only recently in Bangkok too. It appears we are in an era of single, solitary dining. Let us hope in the future, those that arrive as couples can eat so... although the rules are laid down for them. 

It's stupid, i won't eat in restaraunts like this either, the dividing plactic screens are amongst the most stupid things i've ever seen.

Maybe they could have shown ID to prove husband and wife? would they have been allowed to sit together then?

No idea how these business's can expect to get customers  - good luck!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, luk AJ said:

Yesterday in Bangkok I wanted to see how this new rule is applied in a restaurant. I walked into the restaurant hand in hand with my wife. We both had mouth masks, were screened for temperature, hands disinfected. The waitress guided us to separate tables because of social distance rules. I walked out, end of story. Who in his right mind would accept sitting with his wife or girlfriend at separate tables???  In the corner of the restaurant, staff were waiting for customers, all sitting at the same table.

They are doing what they are told, period! If you don't like it, don't go!

the vast majority of men walking hand in hand in Bangkok are not with their wives, but hourly acquaintances , 

how are they to know it's your wife?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

They are doing what they are told, period! If you don't like it, don't go!

the vast majority of men walking hand in hand in Bangkok are not with their wives, but hourly acquaintances , 

how are they to know it's your wife?

I would like to know how you know so many men have hourly acquaintances in Bangkok, unless you are one of that vast majority. For me, hourly acquaintances took an hour in my room.

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2020 at 2:54 PM, ezzra said:

Pattaya was never closer to it's death knell as it is now after this coup de gras announcement...

If everything was allowed to open, tomorrow, don't you think many will remain closed anyway?

With no tourists, it's not profitable to open, so they may as well keep the doors closed in order to minimize expenses.    

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 11:46 AM, webfact said:

Spas and massage shops are also to be off limits until the end of this month.

Well, cruising around on my motorbike about an hour ago this is not the case at all.

Many many "massage" shops open.

Bumpy road and surrounding places girls huddled together out front and some in the shops with the door open yelling for me to stop.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2