Pattaya: More misery as pubs, bars and entertainment ordered shut until the end of the month

webfact

12 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I would like to know how you know so many men have hourly acquaintances in Bangkok, unless you are one of that vast majority. For me, hourly acquaintances took an hour in my room.

Of course I have been one of those guys, 

as the millions of others. 

Thats why the waitresses are told to do certain things when customers come into the restaurant.

because the vast majority are with hookers and not with their wives.

any other questions Einstein?

On 5/6/2020 at 9:19 AM, petermik said:

Obviously by looking at her expression..bored/miserable then it,s the wife....smiling/happy is the GF or companion.........:clap2:

Likewise his expression.

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2020 at 10:57 PM, IAMHERE said:

Let Jesus be your paddle.

Let Budha be your paddle.

Let Allah be your paddle.

Etc....

more like an anchor to progress and logical thinking 

16 hours ago, Leaver said:

The virus will achieve in a matter of months, what Thai's have been trying to achieve here for years.  Finally killing the golden goose.  

The new FINAL DEATH BY VIRUS card has already been played several times. We all got it. Goose was already killed, golden egg layers long departed. 

Before goose killed, heyday of the golden egg layers, Pattaya flush with Big Spenders on Sois 7 & 8:

P1995.jpg.7fc19de2d3c967902172099ce496581d.jpg

Economy, oh, 5 times larger afterwards. Should have got rid of them earlier, eh. ????

ptypanorama900.jpg.4b983a823db19ae11490aedde695a7d6.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 2:40 AM, Lacessit said:

I would like to know how you know so many men have hourly acquaintances in Bangkok, unless you are one of that vast majority. For me, hourly acquaintances took an hour in my room.

Perhaps they did have an hour relationship which blossomed into romance....link,pretty woman starting Richard here and Julia roberts,don,t be such an old cynic.

On 5/5/2020 at 10:41 PM, Ron jeremy said:

They are doing what they are told, period! If you don't like it, don't go!

the vast majority of men walking hand in hand in Bangkok are not with their wives, but hourly acquaintances , 

how are they to know it's your wife?

I'd be OK with them sitting my misses at a separate table, I might even pay them more for the honour.

I'd want hired hot totty sitting pressed against me though.

8 hours ago, BigStar said:

Before goose killed, heyday of the golden egg layers, Pattaya flush with Big Spenders on Sois 7 & 8:

There was a story on TV recently where the owner of PJ Bar on Soi 7 practically begged someone to take over the bar, effectively giving the bar away for free.

Sounds like Soi 7 is doing well.  ????

On 5/8/2020 at 12:53 PM, Leaver said:

The virus will achieve in a matter of months, what Thai's have been trying to achieve here for years.  Finally killing the golden goose.  

And it may well be the kick up the harris the pattaya bar scene needs,the bar scene was in severe decline with the girls getting very lairy with their attitudes and prices,with the coming depression it will be a graphic lesson in reality.

9 minutes ago, kingdong said:

And it may well be the kick up the harris the pattaya bar scene needs,the bar scene was in severe decline with the girls getting very lairy with their attitudes and prices,with the coming depression it will be a graphic lesson in reality.

I think the virus will really fast forward the girls working off apps, to the detriment of the bars with lady drinks, and bar fines. 

The apps were gaining in popularity, not because of Cheap Charlie, but because many of the pretty girls were freelancing, being their own boss.

In the not so distant future, it's possible bars here will have to offer a pleasant environment and good service, rather than girls, because customers in their bar will be "ordering in."     

31 minutes ago, Leaver said:

There was a story on TV recently where the owner of PJ Bar on Soi 7 practically begged someone to take over the bar, effectively giving the bar away for free.

Sounds like Soi 7 is doing well.  ????

Go on baht sold, the whole city is for sale. ????????????????????????????????

19 minutes ago, WillyPlatt said:

At it again Leaver. Another day of trolling the forum looking for a fight with everyone.

Yesterday, you said you liked living in Pattaya and hoped it would prosper.

Study what you have just posted and ask yourself would an impartial observer think you wished Soi 7 well?

I don't know what motivates your hatred, anger and total distain for everything Pattaya but i hope i never turn into such an embittered poisonous human being.

You need to start talking to someone and i don't mean the other members of the forum.

You criticize me, yet you do not comment on the economic health of Pattaya, particularly the hospitality indursty here.  Why don't you play the post, not the poster?

Do you see the queues for food hand outs here?  Go on, spin me something positive about them.

I like living here.  I really do.  However, if the day comes, and it may be coming, where the lifestyle that drew me to Pattaya no longer is the lifestyle on offer, then I am off to my Plan B. 

I have no financial, emotional, or business ties here, so I call it as I see it.  Do you????

15 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Go on baht sold, the whole city is for sale. ????????????????????????????????

I have always known everything in the city was for sale, but it's a first to hear the actual whole city is for sale.  ????

8 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I have always known everything in the city was for sale, but it's a first to hear the actual whole city is for sale.  ????

Excuse me while I correct you......

I have always known everything and (nearly) everyone in the city was for sale..........????

Edited by VBF

10 minutes ago, VBF said:

Excuse me while I correct you......

I have always known everything and (nearly) everyone in the city was for sale..........????

The word "everything" means, absolutely everything.  That includes people.    Commit a crime here, and you can even buy your freedom.  It's all for sale here.  

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 4:54 PM, ezzra said:

Pattaya was never closer to it's death knell as it is now after this coup de gras announcement...

Perhaps it's an attempt to remove all the farang related entertainment to clear the way for the Chinese to take over entirely.

Front page news in today's BP that massage shops, spas, gyms, water parks and other tourist connected businesses can open from Sunday 17th May. This is subject to next weeks number of Covid 19 infections remaining low. No opening yet for bars.

Also, hotels are lobbying for the removal of quarantine requirements for visitors from China and South Korea.

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

You criticize me, yet you do not comment on the economic health of Pattaya, particularly the hospitality indursty here.  Why don't you play the post, not the poster?

Do you see the queues for food hand outs here?  Go on, spin me something positive about them.

I like living here.  I really do.  However, if the day comes, and it may be coming, where the lifestyle that drew me to Pattaya no longer is the lifestyle on offer, then I am off to my Plan B. 

I have no financial, emotional, or business ties here, so I call it as I see it.  Do you????

Anyone can see the economic hardships that Pattaya will be facing. It's not rocket science.

You still don't get it, do you?

Look at your comment on soi 7. You follow it with a smiley crying with laughter.

What's funny about it Leaver?

5 minutes ago, WillyPlatt said:

Anyone can see the economic hardships that Pattaya will be facing. It's not rocket science.

You still don't get it, do you?

Look at your comment on soi 7. You follow it with a smiley crying with laughter.

What's funny about it Leaver?

The only thing I find funny is the people in denial, or the people with a confiict of interests.  Which category are you in? 

2 minutes ago, WillyPlatt said:

I am in the category of people who are asking why you are crying with laughter at people's economic hardship.

I am not.  I am crying with laughter at the people in denial, or the people talking things up because they have a conflict of interests.

Perhaps you are in both categories. 

On 5/6/2020 at 9:19 PM, Ron jeremy said:

Of course I have been one of those guys, 

as the millions of others. 

Thats why the waitresses are told to do certain things when customers come into the restaurant.

because the vast majority are with hookers and not with their wives.

any other questions Einstein?

Utter rubbish.

If I go into a restaurant with somebody (whether wife or girlfriend), that means we are together and obviously want sit/eat together. You really think a waitress immediately thinks 'oh thats a hooker' they can't sit together, unless of coarse he produces their marriage licence.

@Ron jeremy you really need to rethink your Einstein theories.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

I think the virus will really fast forward the girls working off apps, to the detriment of the bars with lady drinks, and bar fines. 

The apps were gaining in popularity, not because of Cheap Charlie, but because many of the pretty girls were freelancing, being their own boss.

In the not so distant future, it's possible bars here will have to offer a pleasant environment and good service, rather than girls, because customers in their bar will be "ordering in."     

Fair comments and judging by the quality available in the bars Jan-feb this year you,'re right,however I prefer to get to know a girl at least for 2-3 hours before the night commences,i,'ve heard it described as the gfe,to walk into a short time brothel is a bit mechanical,and after you have the same feeling as if you,d  just had a j.arthur,I know i,m an old romantic but there you go.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

I offered to buy,but city hall didn,t have change and I only had a 100 baht note.

11 hours ago, kingdong said:

Perhaps they did have an hour relationship which blossomed into romance....link,pretty woman starting Richard here and Julia roberts,don,t be such an old cynic.

That was a film you know......  not real.

Edited by jacko45k