When will Chiang Mai's Swimming Pools Reopen? Do Pool Chemicals Kill Korona? Social Distancing in Pools Possible?

JohnBarleycorn

A very good friend of mine has a son who swims twice per day under normal conditions. He has been swimming since he was 6 years old and almost never misses a swim practice.

Of the many things that this Korona Killer has changed in our society, I find it sad that this has affected young people's athletic activities.

I hate football.

But swimming and crew are among the best and healthiest of sports with very few head injuries and broken bones.

Swimming and crew are endurance sports which build lung capacity.

A very good thing during this Season of Respiratory Illnesses.

They could allow just a certain amount into the pool per time. They are doing it in other businesses! Hardly any social distance in crowded shops like Siam TV where the borrowed buck is winning ! 

On 5/4/2020 at 12:33 PM, JohnBarleycorn said:

But swimming and crew are among the best and healthiest of sports with very few head injuries and broken bones.

Swimming and crew are endurance sports which build lung capacity.

A very good thing during this Season of Respiratory Illnesses.

Where in Chiang Mai can one row crew?  When was it ever possible?

2 hours ago, Brickbat said:

They could allow just a certain amount into the pool per time. They are doing it in other businesses! Hardly any social distance in crowded shops like Siam TV where the borrowed buck is winning ! 

Every public pool in Thailand is officially closed until further notice. There's no need to argue about it. It is what it is.