Covid-19: Restaurants might be open but Pattaya still quiet

webfact

Covid-19: Restaurants might be open but Pattaya still quiet

8pm.jpg

Thai media 77kaoded reported that restaurants in Pattaya, and the resort in general, was still deathly quiet.

This appeared to be Saturday night.

They said that some restaurants had started cleaning and preparing for sit down customers albeit with strict social distancing in place. 

Others had not even started to get ready for the partial lifting of the regulations. 

Thaivisa notes, however, that all this became a moot point on Sunday when the Chonburi governor decided to countermand the Thai government's easing of restrictions and extend the ban on sitting in restaurants until 31st May. 

Now only takeaway is possible throughout the province that includes Pattaya. 

Source: 77kaoded

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa notes, however, that all this became a moot point on Sunday when the Chonburi governor decided to countermand the Thai government's easing of restrictions and extend the ban on sitting in restaurants until 31st May.

Really... sure the guy on the radio was telling me how he enjoyed  meal in a restaurant yesterday?

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Some restaurants are open with social distancing of tables etc, maybe the governor needs to get the message out there

Now I am confused as to the status.

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

There's no need to extend for another month anyway, most restaurants will be quiet for sometime.

Pattaya News are currently saying it is allowed and those saying otherwise are incorrect. Mall restaurants remain closed

Edited by scubascuba3

58 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Me too!!!

When someone, with an appropriate authority, has the definitive answer please let us know.

Never trust the press!!!

lots of restaurants advertising that they are open in the ban amphur/ bang sare on their facebook pages, specifying soft drinks served only. so...… ????? lots of tea money or brown envelopes to be collected today ?

9 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

is Kiss restaurant open now ? the only one where I would trust to eat, because i can see the chef and the kitchen.

I will never eat again at any restaurant where kitchen cannot be seen and I think restaurateurs not showing their kitchen are idiots.

So do you stand right up against the counter watching the chef, and where the food has previously been prepared and stored?

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

I ate in a restaurant yesterday, it was dead.  People would rather eat at home where they can have a drink with their meal.

I had cooked breakfast this morning in a "restaurant" and was served juice and tea with it so no problem to have a drink......:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SidJames said:

It's practically inhumane to expect someone to have their dinner without a glass of vino to wash it down with.

White with fish, red with meat I presume?

Pretentious.........moi? ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, VBF said:

White with fish, red with meat I presume?

Pretentious.........moi? ????

There actually is science to that, it relates to iron content & how it changes the flavour of different foods when mixed with wine but for the most part people should chose for themselves as it really is relative to personal tastes.

I like a chilled (not cold) pinot noir with thai red curry fish dishes as I find that the spice resonates with that grape

11 minutes ago, SidJames said:

There actually is science to that, it relates to iron content & how it changes the flavour of different foods when mixed with wine but for the most part people should chose for themselves as it really is relative to personal tastes.

I like a chilled (not cold) pinot noir with thai red curry fish dishes as I find that the spice resonates with that grape

I know...it was just too easy to make fun!!  

I actually prefer not to drink anything but ice water WITH food, various forms of alcohol before and after food.

Each to their own, eh?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

is Kiss restaurant open now ? the only one where I would trust to eat, because i can see the chef and the kitchen.

I will never eat again at any restaurant where kitchen cannot be seen and I think restaurateurs not showing their kitchen are idiots.

The naklua branch is not.Closed for more than 2 weeks now, not even open for takeaway.

Yet a German food restaurant, very long established is open for dining in, just a very brief walk away.

Friend ate there earlier this evening.

Another 2 restaurants have been open throughout. Bot with strict social distancing, lost use of well over half their seating capacity.

• Like 1

I guess the alkies will have to stay home a bit longer and get take out food

so they can get drunk as they eat their lunch and dinner. I do know lots

of people in Thailand who will enjoy getting out for a meal that they do

not have to cook themselves. Good to hear that the drunks will not be

going out to eat yet.  Cheers

Geezer

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes I will say to a drunk that cannot go out to enjoy a meal without

alcohol. You are pathetic, how does your wife feel?, It is most

likely that she is the cook, and would appreciate a meal out that

she does not have to cook. So once again Jack if you are an

alcoholic, too bad so sad.

Geezer

According to my very Thai girlfriend most restaurants stay closed because :

1) most of the staff is still in Isan, busses dont operate for long distance so they cant come

2) very little customers, so if they do open they lose more money than if they stay closed

3) kiss is not a restaurant !

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, WhatsNext said:

According to my very Thai girlfriend most restaurants stay closed because :

1) most of the staff is still in Isan, busses dont operate for long distance so they cant come

2) very little customers, so if they do open they lose more money than if they stay closed

3) kiss is not a restaurant !

another champion...