Elevator safe - pool unsafe. Have you had enough?

Stadtler

7 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I think that lady really ought to move over to the left.

These people are perfect for the Milgram Experiment.

On 5/4/2020 at 2:12 PM, Oldie said:

Imagine high rise buildings. They can't close the elevators. Especially old and also handicapped people would be trapped in their rooms. 

Those old and handicapped people are just being selfish.  They should stay in their rooms and not endanger the rest of the population.. they could be potential carriers of the virus.  That is the same logic as people who don't wear the masks anyway...  

On 5/4/2020 at 2:58 PM, Stadtler said:

The pool is for good health and exercise.  The elevator is a death trap.  It should be closed countrywide.

Agree.  Much more chance of getting infected with the virus in an elevator than there is swimming in a pool full of chlorine.  

1 minute ago, samsensam said:

so why aren't you doing so?

Good God, do I have to write it again and again?  The doors in the stairwells are locked.

I heard Siam Paragon had reopened, so me and the wife headed there this afternoon. It's only the food court, and only for take out. We thought some seating might be available with social distancing, but nope, gotta grab your food and get out of there. Well maybe there's a nearby park or something? Nope, just had to take it home. Nearly 200 baht in round trip BTS. Some expensive take out. Yeah, we're still effectively under lockdown. Don't bother going out guys.

On 5/4/2020 at 2:33 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Dude, I already was walking up and down my condos 45 floors worth of steps for exercise. and I live in the penthouse. Not about to carry all my groceries I have up 45 floors worth of stairs.  Geeze, I wouldn't make it to the top with a case of beer, the case would be empty by the 24th floor......

Buy 2 cases :licklips:

On 5/9/2020 at 11:53 AM, daveAustin said:

Elevator is essential, pool is not + people will naturally gather at the latter which they don't want. Seems pretty logical to me.

The elevator will kill you.  The pool will not.

It's the SALIVA! Be so scared now.

One is essential, the other is not.

People don't need to swim, but they need to use the elevator to get to their apartments / condos.

In much the same way people have criticise the reduction of 'social distancing' in supermarkets when we can't use the beach. Again, food shopping is essential, going to the beach isn't.

Some people are struggling with the term 'essential'...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not me, I essentially, need my pool.

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

People don't need to swim, but they need to use the elevator to get to their apartments / condos.

In much the same way people have criticise the reduction of 'social distancing' in supermarkets when we can't use the beach. Again, food shopping is essential, going to the beach isn't.

Same as some see the restrictions as "all or nothing", when in fact it is all about reducing risk and not necessarily eliminating it completely.

• Like 1

Yeah, big risk.

From American CDC.  Now I understand that the people here in Thailand are much better experts than in the USA, but since the *&$&$&$&*$*)_()$( heads here mentioned SALIVA, I thought I might check our lowly CDC.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html

There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas, or water play areas. Proper operation and maintenance (including disinfection with chlorine and bromine) of these facilities should inactivate the virus in the water.

While there is ongoing community spread of COVID-19 of the virus that causes COVID-19, it is important for individuals as well as owners and operators of these facilities to take steps to ensure health and safety:

Everyone should follow local and state guidance that may determine when and how recreational water facilities may operate.
Individuals should continue to protect themselves and others at recreational water venues both in and out of the water – for example, by practicing social distancing and good hand hygiene.
In addition to ensuring water safety and quality, owners and operators of community pools, hot tubs, spas, and water play areas should follow the interim guidance for businesses and employers for cleaning and disinfecting their community facilities.

On 5/13/2020 at 11:53 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Some people are seriously struggling with the numbers if they can justify in any form the ongoing measures!

Unless you are pro New World Order as that is obviously what it the "agenda" has become!

It was essential "It went from “flatten the curve” to “find the cure”. From “social distancing” to “house arrest”. From “2 weeks” to “3 months”. From “we’re in it together” to “snitch on you neighbours”. From “individual liberty” to “comply or pay fine”. We lost the target. And government knows it."

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CGW said:

Some people are seriously struggling with the numbers if they can justify in any form the ongoing measures!

Unless you are pro New World Order as that is obviously what it the "agenda" has become!

It was essential "It went from “flatten the curve” to “find the cure”. From “social distancing” to “house arrest”. From “2 weeks” to “3 months”. From “we’re in it together” to “snitch on you neighbours”. From “individual liberty” to “comply or pay fine”. We lost the target. And government knows it."

Now that CHINA has been declared safe by the Stupid is as Stupid does crowd, you can throw all the accomplishments out the window. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 11:53 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Right ! it's so incredible how people cannot understand something SO EASY !

14 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Who has declared China safe?  The country is still closed to all arrivals for another month at least - and likely to be extended.

So care to explain what you are talking about?   Or is it just another miserable uninformed rant?

Thank you!

its this kind or utter nonsense that leads me to despair with ex-pats here.

they make something up then get outraged about it. I think they have nothing better to do. 

The “Chinese tourists get priority over is” is another one 

can they give an example?

no