Thai police warn: Enjoy a beer at home but DO NOT invite your friends or relatives round

webfact

I’m a social drinker, can any woman police come home and almost help me?

Or my fully beer box and two bottles of Chivas just only for me? ✌️ 

Edited by Tarteso
  • Haha 2

What exactly are the "anti-congregating measures"?  There has to be some sort of definition. How many, what place, what circumstances etc.

Something a vague as that is incapable of a reasonable interpretation and hence enforcement.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CRUNCHER said:

What exactly are the "anti-congregating measures"?  There has to be some sort of definition. How many, what place, what circumstances etc.

Something a vague as that is incapable of a reasonable interpretation and hence enforcement.

I started a thread about this a few days ago.  Seems no one knows for sure and there were a lot of different numbers put out there.  

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

What if friends just randomly drop in whilst iam getting on the cans and they decide to stay and assist me destroying a slab or 2.... I did not invite them so that should be ok then !!

According to the article, you'll be okay if you only talk in whispers. Having fun can get you arrested ????

He said the reality of the situation was that police would not raid people's homes unless there were complaints about noise or other annoyance but if police patrols heard parties they would be obliged to intervene according to the regulations.

Could be useful a clarification, they don't want congregations at private home or just drinking alcohol together...at private home?

No alcohol beer is allowed to drinking with friends at private home?

If i invite friends to eat som tam without drinking alcohol is ok?

????

Edited by Quickmill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Somtamnication said:

Oh for the love of God! No sex, too?

Will be No sex soon for me as the Mrs nudged me this morning and said get in quick before the 5-7 day monthly banis about to start......feeeeewww, so I got up and grabbed myself a drink.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Bans are still in place in Phitsanulok, Pathum Thani, Buriram and Petchaburi provinces after their governors decided not to follow the government's lifting of the rules

Isn't alcohol used to destroy the virus? And that is banned? Sounds counterproductive to me ???? 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It never will if people submit to this rubbish. Same in the UK, but this article warns of not drinking with friends when the bars/pubs are open again.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/03/chin-chin-bear-pubs-are-not-expected-reopen-time-soon-12647579/

It's long been the case that visits to the pub have been in decline in the UK for some time, for various reasons such as there being other distractions and it being cheaper to drink at home after buying from the supermarket. As a result, an alarming number of pubs had already closed. It will be interesting to see if there will be a rebound when people are allowed to go to pubs again. I suspect there will be, at least initially.

• Like 2

Buriram still alcohol ban, I'm 1 hour from buriram and never had a problem buying beer and whisky, as for no gathering, drinking a glass or 2 with the local police doesn't count, ????????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It never will if people submit to this rubbish. Same in the UK, but this article warns of not drinking with friends when the bars/pubs are open again.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/03/chin-chin-bear-pubs-are-not-expected-reopen-time-soon-12647579/

Personally I am on the same page as this Dr recommends, people quickly forget and just don't really fully understand that the Covid-19 is so contagious, it will KILL most of us Farangs as we are in the older category with pre-existing conditions, so count me out with social gatherings, although I will visit the local waterhole when it reopens maybe once a week and keep my distance, I ain't ready to die just yet, so why risk it until a vaccine is ready, might take a while, but I can do other things with family until then, and drink at home.

• Thanks 1