UK says China has questions to answer over novel coronavirus outbreak

snoop1130

For years have always held the view that if I was being bullied then I would have the US as the mate to deal to the bully. But if I needed wise learned diplomacy then I would consult with the Brits, the new western countries (Aussies, Kiwis and Canucks) and the Scandinavians. In the last three years more so the higher level of intelligence whereabouts is becoming even more obvious. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

How a Government dictates to private corporations where they should manufacture their products is the question to be answered by those advocating ‘decoupling’.

They can manufacture them wherever they want; governments can add tariffs and remove favourable tax rates where they want too.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 2

During the Korean war MacArthur wanted to nuke China out of existence in order to get them out of Korea and permanently out of any future significance in world affairs. He was refused, and sacked.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“China needs to be open and transparent about what it leant, it’s short comings but also it’s successes,” he said.

and that would be a first in history.... thus will never happen

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PatOngo said:

It would be nice to think that one day, Asia would learn that bull <deleted> ing to save face just doesn't wash with the west!

Trouble is, trying to save face is the every day occurrence in the US.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, PatOngo said:

I think they have already achieved that through their aggressive expansionist policy! Their filthy tentacles have spread far and wide and continue to do so!

The Pacific, South America, Africa!

I don't suppose they learnt anything about aggressive expansionist policy from anybody else, oops sorry such a policy is quite alright for white folks to do, but China copying us is of course unacceptable. They answer is not that China is right, the South China sea expansion is deplorable, but that they are ALL wrong. Let's try to avoid the holier than thou line, it's a bit embarrassing if we look at history honestly. 

In this case the Tory minister has, to my shock, been quite reasonable. No post mortems now, we are in a crisis. Eventually when we have all the facts we may well have some questions to be asked. I though Bojo's cabinet was virtually brainless, but this may be the one that slipped through.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1