UK says China has questions to answer over novel coronavirus outbreak

snoop1130

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

And at a press conference on January 14, Maria Van Kerhkove, the American epidemiologist who heads the WHO's emerging diseases and zoonosis unit, told reporters there was "the possibility of human-to-human transmission between people" and "there's also the possibility of super-spreading events" 

So the warnings were given early on by the Chinese and the WHO..........but no country swung into action against it, and someone dismissed it as a kind of flu and said it would soon disappear!! 

But for Trumper's, only Twitter news feeds matter! ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Your imagination running wild on excuses for the PM and his Government failing to act settles on blaming people who are not the PM and not in Government.

It's 9.15 am in London right now and we've got traffic jams in a so called lock down that the timid authorities and invisible police officers are reluctant to enforce.

The authorities are representatives of the government so how am I excusing any government.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Blinded by bigotry. 

It's not bigotry when the UK is still letting people in without screening them!

The UK now has had the most deaths from CV19 in Europe, is that more bigotry. We've left Italy and Spain far behind!

Countries like Austria, Australia, Norway and Denmark closed their doors to non citizens weeks ago and their deaths are but a fraction of ours. Are they bigots as well because they take measures to save the lives of their people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

It's not bigotry when the UK is still letting people in without screening them!

The UK now has had the most deaths from CV19 in Europe, is that more bigotry. We've left Italy and Spain far behind!

Countries like Austria, Australia, Norway and Denmark closed their doors to non citizens weeks ago and their deaths are but a fraction of ours. Are they bigots as well because they take measures to save the lives of their people.

As I remember (without scrolling all the way back) you talked about immigrants 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

Oh dear did I, I'm so sorry.

People talk about immigrants, immigration and its connected effects on a daily basis all over the world.

By your logic then, every person that gets off a plane is an immigrant. How can you expect to hold a debate when all you’re doing is trying to be clever 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The UK authorities tried what is a fairly less restrictive lockdown, and I think it's a failure.

I landed at Heathrow late April, transit with a long layover. I thought I could spend in the transit area knowing the number of cases in UK. I was told that this is not possible and had to enter UK. Just swiped my Aussie passport through the automatic gates and I was in. No human interaction, no questionnaires, no temperature checks. Took the tube and district lines and surfaced at the Victoria station. There were some police chatting outside, I thought they would stop this strangely looking fella with only t-shirt, shorts and a backpack at 1am night time...it was cold. Nobody ever paid any attention.

I went through a few airports and Heathrow was by far the most relaxed in regards to covid19.

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

No. That's by your logic.

I travel to LOS two or three times year or rather I used to. When I disembark at BKK I definitely am not an immigrant.

Immigrants travel to another country with the intention of settling and becoming a citizen whereas as most people who get off planes are simply temporary visitors.

We need to stop here, you’re clearly missing the point and it doesn’t look like you’ll ever get it

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

So you're saying his illness was a PR stunt just because you don't like him? Makes a lot of sense...????‍♂️

Yeah put words in my mouth, that makes a lot of sense too. Of course he was ill, I’m saying he realised he could milk the PR to maximum benefit. Time to move on eh? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

A post using content from an unapproved YouTube source has been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown

A post spreading misinformation and the replies have been removed.

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Really? Whereabouts in London?

Since reading this post on Tuesday I have checked TfL jam cams in the evening peak on Tuesday, morning and evening peaks on Wednesday and Thursday and morning peak today in various locations which from my experience driving and working all over London I know to be busy at those times. Many during the day as well.

Locations such as Hanger Lane, Staples Corner and Apex Corner on the North Circular; Liverpool Street, Tower Bridge, Upper Thames Street in the City; northern and southern approaches to the Blackwall Tunnel and other river crossings including Waterloo Bridge and Westminster Bridge; Piccadilly Circus, Euston Road, and Hyde Park Corner in the West End; Cromwell Road, Shepherds Bush Green and Kensington High Street in West London; Lordship Lane, Bruce Grove and Hendon Way in North London; Leyton Road, Romford Road, and Newham Way in East London; Clapham High Street Brixton Road and Battersea Rise in South West London; Peckham Road, Old Kent Road and Lewisham Road in South East London.

While there is some traffic, and on a couple of views it was stationary at a red light, it is nothing compared to the pre lockdown bumper to bumper, stop start, lucky to get out of 2nd gear, or even 1st, which was the norm pre lockdown in most of those places during the morning and evening peaks, at some places all day! Indeed, at most of the locations I checked, pre lockdown I've seen more traffic at 2am!

So I ask you again; where were these traffic jams you witnessed on Tuesday morning?

Addendum:

My flat overlooks a mainline commuter station into London. Although the trains are running for the benefit of NHS and other key workers; unlike the pre lockdown crowded trains, standing room only, and platforms; they are virtually empty. 

The most crowded the station gets is at 8pm when the station staff come out to clap for the NHS.

Is that the same TFL who along with the Mayor of London assures listeners to LBC in an advert singing their praises that 'To the Mayor of London and TFL every journey counts'?

Well in my experience every journey does not count so I would not take too much notice of TFL nor Mayor Khan even when he's not playing with his blimp of Donald Trump over the Metropolis.

He should have been welcoming the POTUS not making a vain and pathetic attempt to try and humiliate him.

The traffic report was a Tuesday morning one put on air by LBC. I for one put a lot more faith in what they have to say than whatever TFL and their half baked idiot of a boss might have to tell the general public.

Check with LBC about their traffic reports on Tuesday the 5th May at 9.15 am and see what they have to say.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Care to produce some?

As nauseus said to another poster

No, they don't. 

The only people who get unrestricted access to the NHS are those who are legally resident in the UK. Illegals are, by definition, not legally resident so do not have unrestricted access to the NHS. Neither, for that matter, do tourists or other visitors.

They are entitled to free emergency treatment in an A&E department; but almost anything else, including being admitted to hospital from A&E, is charged for at 150% of cost. Any future UK visa application will be refused until this bill is paid in full. There are exceptions, and to protect public health being tested of treated for Covid 19 is currently one of those.

Hospitals do check. Whenever I or a member of my family has gone to A&E we have been asked for the name of our GP. Most visitors can temporarily register with a GP, but doing so does not entitle them to the full range of NHS services. Obviously, those in the UK illegally cannot.

For all other hospital treatment as an in or out patient, you have to be referred in the first instance by your GP. Which wont happen for illegals as they are not registered with a GP!

See Visitors from outside the European Economic Area (EEA)

Those that do will be sorely disappointed as illegals are not entitled to anything except the basic NHS care described above.

Even those in the UK legally for settlement, study or work are not entitled to anything other than NHS treatment, for which they have paid the immigration health surcharge, or a contribution related benefit for which they have paid the required NICs, until they have ILR; which takes at least 5 years to get. 

The NHS do not turn sick people away even if they lack the ability to pay for treatment.

It's covered in the hippocratic oath which doctors swear to abide by.

• Thanks 1

Is that the same TFL who along with the Mayor of London assures listeners to LBC in an advert singing their praises that 'To the Mayor of London and TFL every journey counts'?

Well in my experience every journey does not count so I would not take too much notice of TFL nor Mayor Khan even when he's not playing with his blimp of Donald Trump over the Metropolis.

He should have been welcoming the POTUS not making a vain and pathetic attempt to try and humiliate him.

The traffic report was a Tuesday morning one put on air by LBC. I for one put a lot more faith in what they have to say than whatever TFL and their half baked idiot of a boss might have to tell the general public.

Check with LBC about their traffic reports on Tuesday the 5th May at 9.15 am and see what they have to say.

So you are seriously asserting that TfL and the Mayor are altering every single one of TfL's traffic cameras to hide gridlocked streets in London?

Not just once a day or hour, but constantly as clicking on a camera at different times will give a different picture of the vehicles at that location!

If you really do believe that, there are plenty of commercial sites that will give you cctv views of London streets.

As for LBC, I suspect, nay believe unless you prove otherwise, that what you heard was a report similar to those on the travel page of their website, such as

A4140 Honeypot Lane - Kingsbury
A4140 Honeypot Lane both ways closed, slow traffic due to emergency repairs from A4006 Kenton Road (Kingsbury Circle) to Cumberland Road (Morrisons Traffic Lights).

Which is very different to 

On 5/6/2020 at 9:14 AM, yogi100 said:

It's 9.15 am in London right now and we've got traffic jams in a so called lock down that the timid authorities and invisible police officers are reluctant to enforce.

• Confused 2

The NHS do not turn sick people away even if they lack the ability to pay for treatment.

It's covered in the hippocratic oath which doctors swear to abide by.

Your response shows that you didn't bother to read my post and the enclosed link to the NHS confirming what I said, despite quoting it; have failed to understand either of them; or made a conscious decision to ignore not only what I said, but more importantly what the NHS says.

If it's the first option, I suggest that you read both of them. 

If it's the second, see if you can find someone to explain them to you.

If it's the third then that says all that anyone needs to know about you.

Talking of links, still awaiting yours to back up your claim 

On 5/6/2020 at 9:55 AM, yogi100 said:

There is plenty of evidence that illegals are a major drain on any national health service that is free at the point of access.

• Confused 1

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/brazil-government-warns-economic-collapse-155459539.html

Brazil could face "economic collapse" in a month's time due to stay-at-home measures to stem the coronavirus outbreak, with food shortages and "social disorder," Economy Minister Paulo Guedes warned Thursday.

Brazil, Latin America's biggest economy, is also the epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic in the region.

But far-right President Jair Bolsonaro - who appeared alongside Guedes, his free-market economics guru - opposes stay-at-home measures to slow the virus, saying they are unnecessarily damaging the economy.

"Within about 30 days, there may start to be shortages on (store) shelves and production may become disorganized, leading to a system of economic collapse, of social disorder," Guedes said.

"This is a serious alert."

Bolsonaro, who has compared the new coronavirus to a "little flu," said he understood "the virus problem" and believed that "we must save lives."