Germany to reopen all shops, allow soccer matches - sources

webfact

21 hours ago, Logosone said:

There is plenty to be envious about with Germany. Germans can go to shopping malls. The Bundesliga will start again on 15 May. You can even get a massage in Germany.

None of those things are possible here in Thailand.

Of course the differing rules in each state are a nonsense, but we see the exact same here in Thailand. Thirty-four businesses still to close in Bangkok, twenty-nine in Chiang Mai, in Pattaya it's different yet again. Some provinces force you to wear a mask, others don't.

But yes, the economic consequences of lockdown are much worse than the virus. Total overreaction by all governments of the world.

Again: there are HINTS that football might resume on May 15th!

So far, there is no confirmation on that one!

Allowing the Bundesliga to start again would be stupid. As much as I like watching football, it’s not a crucial part of the system, it sets a bad example, it would use test capacity that could be used elsewhere, and who wants to watch games without supporters and atmosphere anyway? 

As for everything else, I hope they carefully and selectively reopen. Germany was lucky so far; partly I guess due to the good healthcare and social system. I hope they’re not putting that at risk now. 

On 5/6/2020 at 12:16 PM, JustAnotherHun said:

Well, with high probability yes, but not yet decided as I told.

OK, Germany now produces own (and widely useless) face masks and the shortage of all protective clothes etc. is over or will be in the next few days.

But: Germany and other European countries had weeks more than Aisa to prepare for the coming. They missed the chance and sent medical staff (ours too) into hospitals and nursing homes without ANY protection. Even hand sanitizers wich are much more useful than masks were not available for our medical staff.

Yes, Germany can be proud of their people in the health service doing a great and dangerous job. But the government lost time to react in the early stages of the outbreak, to prepare for the flood of infected persons and to store supplies to fight the pandemia. The relatively low numbers of Corona deaths is due to our health service wich still seems to be in a better shape than in many other developed countries.

BTW: Paulaner is a famous beer in my home town of Munich :-). Cheers.

It is decided now, Bundesliga will restart on 15 May.

https://www.kicker.de/775106/artikel/dfl_beschliesst_re_start_am_15_mai

I could not agree more, the success in Germany has nothing to do with Frau Merkel.

Indeed, not only did she merely watch whilst Wuhan was unfolding and squandered 4-8 weeks with doing nothing, closing the airports for China as late as March 17, in addition she totally ignored a warning in 2012 from the Robert Koch Institute of what could happen with a coronavirus pandemic.

German government dropped the ball. Lucky the health system was geared up way beyond normal needs.

Paulaner is much loved in Thuringia as well btw.