Chompun?

thomo

Greetings y'all,

Would anybody be able to fill me in a little about Chomphun? I've just read that the pop. is only about 16,000 which sounds kinda small. I've only been down south a few times and never made it there or heard anything about it. Is there anything there, or anything to do, any foreigner bars or nightlife going on, is there many foreigners living there? etc etc.

Thanks,

Thomo.

Hi,There are some beautiful beaches, good diving and very nice locals. There are a few bars and a nightclub but they mainly cater for Thais. Most of the farang are either on the way to the islands or on the way back so are just hanging around for either a bus, train or ferry. The only farang eaterie is the KFC and most of the visa runners from Tao stop for their fix. The housing etc is way cheaper than your typical farang centres like Pattaya, Phuket Hua hin Samuai etc. Ifyou want an ideal location for going places its the place to settle. Its an hour to Ranong, I can jump on a ferry to Tao KPY or Samuai or its a nice ride or drive to Phuket Krabi or the other side of Thailand. I lived in Hua Hin for a while but got fed up with it turning into another Pattaya. Very expensive and full of drunken Farang on the piss all the time and very very loud. As said if you want nightlife go alsewhere. If you want to chill its the place to be. Enjoy!!!

PS nice photos cdnvic...... Thung whae leng beach??????

• 2 weeks later...