Pattaya: Lockdown is over! Mayor hails success of measures and thanks public

webfact

Pattaya: Lockdown is over! Mayor hails success of measures and thanks public

1pm1.jpg

Pattaya's strongarm mayor Sontaya Khunpluem has thanked his staff and the public for their efforts during the city's lockdown that ended yesterday. 

He hailed the plan that saw eight checkpoints for people entering and leaving the resort as a big success. 

1pm2.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

He told Thai media 77kaoded that there had not been a single new case of the coronavirus in 18 days.

Pattaya has now been declared a "white zone". 

But the mayor cautioned that this was only a first step. 

1pm4.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

While exercising around the beach area can take place with proper social distancing measures, people must not congregate or bring food and drink to consume. 

Some businesses will slowly be opening up in the city whose tourist industry has been decimated by the pandemic. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-05

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Can people go on Pattaya beach road pavement? i know people do but I haven't seen anything announced yet

They have never been stopped from exercising on the beach prom....sitting in close proximity in groups is a no no and stepping onto the sand also :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, petermik said:

They have never been stopped from exercising on the beach prom....sitting in close proximity in groups is a no no and stepping onto the sand also :thumbsup:

Yes but if you catch the wrong policeman on a bad day maybe it's 100k later

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sexyman said:

The promenade at Pattaya beach was really busy yesterday around sunset with many walkers and joggers out and about enjoying the nice weather. Glad to see the return to normalcy.

and were they "social distancing" ??

There is  report that an 80 yr old frenchman got done for 50k !!!

4 hours ago, webfact said:

While exercising around the beach area can take place with proper social distancing measures, people must not congregate or bring food and drink to consume.

I wonder if it's not a fake news

the big red signs forbidden the access to the beach

were still in place yesterday evening all along Pattaya beach road

4 hours ago, petermik said:

I thought people were asked to cross over to the pavement away from the Beach, was that only Jomtiem?

3 hours ago, essox essox said:

and were they "social distancing" ??

There is  report that an 80 yr old frenchman got done for 50k !!!

He was sitting chatting with some others, ignoring the rules altogether.

33 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I thought people were asked to cross over to the pavement away from the Beach, was that only Jomtiem?

Was the same in Pattaya

but not everyday and not everytime

most of the time it was possible to do exercising

thai and foreigners were here in equal numbers for their daily walk or run

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

still she loves running and she has a great figure ,so who am i to complain .

How about you?  How does your figure look like ? Maybe time to get some exercise...?  

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

Yes she is Thai and a fitness fanatic ,exercises when she gets up at 6 usually ,for about 30/40 mins , then makes me do some ,not very strenuous ones , she does marathons all the time when they were allowed , 10 25 ,35 40kms ,you name it , i usually go with her to sign in and get the running gear for the club when its her turn ,we usually park at least a mile from the tents (to make me exercise walking there.lol) you would not believe how many marathons there are around the Pattaya area ,she rarely does the ones far away ,although her and her  best friend have taken her tent a couple of times over the years and camped overnight(the runs start about 4 in the morning.

still she loves running and she has a great figure ,so who am i to complain .????

bangkok has many distance races, we generally dont see them as, as you say, they take place in the early hours. i often see the competitors on their way home as i'm getting my day started. running does seem to be quite popular in thailand.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, petermik said:

He,s got to catch me first..........index.jpg.2390daef50705804b3242ffdcb6a013d.jpg

I am not so sure its over! Yesterday, a pick-up truck with two large drums of disinfectant onboard pulled up next to me. The guy in the back waved his spray lance at me and yelled to the driver.....

“Do I spray him?” .... (Yikes!!!)

There was a pause while the driver checked his list.

“Nah, Roadrunner, no hab.”

The guy waved me on with his lance and they drove off leaving me wondering exactly what was on that list?

PS Did you get permission from Looney Toones to use my image?

Edited by DaRoadrunner