When are the Sattahip Navy Fleet and Marine Golf courses opening?

scubascuba3

21 minutes ago, Toosetinmyways said:

Maybe the Eastern Seaboard Golf Management Association have complained about the revenue they are losing due to the number of people using a cheaper alternative.

Possible but more likely Corona related as they think it's carried by foreigners

• Like 1

I am sure it was foreigners that introduced the virus here, but I have not seen many Chinese on those 9 hole courses, in fact I have seen NONE in 10 years of playing there. Maybe the Navy cannot tell us from the Chinese.

Fleet is open, but only for Thais.

Ac/DC just next to Fleet is open to all, albeit with dual pricing.

No idea about Marine, they were demanding your passport even before the virus started so nobody goes there.

TAT released a flier showing some attractive green fee rates at various courses around Pattaya -- but these prices (about half the usual rate) are only for Thais.

• Thanks 1

I went to Fleet today, only a few cars in the car park, they said we can't play, it looked closed, one thai guy gave the impression that it might be restricted due to Admiral in town etc so it's possible it's not no foreigner.

ACDC open and welcoming, just a pity it's 3rd choice but better than nothing.

Maybe things will change next week

23 hours ago, fulhamster said:

Fleet is open, but only for Thais.

Ac/DC just next to Fleet is open to all, albeit with dual pricing.

No idea about Marine, they were demanding your passport even before the virus started so nobody goes there.

TAT released a flier showing some attractive green fee rates at various courses around Pattaya -- but these prices (about half the usual rate) are only for Thais.

I am really surprised that your post has not been debated as it is total discrimination . I have thought that dual pricing at Thai golf courses went on but have no proof , also they tip the caddies much less than farangs as told by the caddies .  My local army course has reopened ,  temperature check on arrival , hand gel , sign a register , mask worn while in the clubhouse area but when sat down to drink or eat it is removed , maximum 4 people per 8 seater table. Caddies wear mask on the course but not me or others whilst playing , 1 person per buggie with caddie at the back . Its good to be playing again but right now the temperature being over 40c is energy sapping and yesterday I got leg cramp driving home and that hurt , dehydration me thinks .

22 minutes ago, superal said:

I am really surprised that your post has not been debated as it is total discrimination . I have thought that dual pricing at Thai golf courses went on but have no proof , also they tip the caddies much less than farangs as told by the caddies .  My local army course has reopened ,  temperature check on arrival , hand gel , sign a register , mask worn while in the clubhouse area but when sat down to drink or eat it is removed , maximum 4 people per 8 seater table. Caddies wear mask on the course but not me or others whilst playing , 1 person per buggie with caddie at the back . Its good to be playing again but right now the temperature being over 40c is energy sapping and yesterday I got leg cramp driving home and that hurt , dehydration me thinks .

The Navy courses have dual pricing going on, it's blatant and everyone accepts it, seems to be 3 prices, Thai Navy, Thai, foreigner. Foreigner price is way more than Thai, 3-6 times more.

Problem is if we don't like it we can play private courses at much higher prices

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The Navy courses have dual pricing going on, it's blatant and everyone accepts it, seems to be 3 prices, Thai Navy, Thai, foreigner. Foreigner price is way more than Thai, 3-6 times more.

Problem is if we don't like it we can play private courses at much higher prices

So what are the prices approx; ?

9 minutes ago, superal said:

So what are the prices approx; ?

It's something like 50 baht Thai Navy, 100 baht Thai, 300 baht Foreigner, The three courses vary slightly. No caddy required that's the main reason people go there

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's something like 50 baht Thai Navy, 100 baht Thai, 300 baht Foreigner, The three courses vary slightly. No caddy required that's the main reason people go there

Very cheap , is that for 9 holes ?  I am paying 420 baht for 18 holes on a 9 hole army course , 2 different tees 

3 minutes ago, superal said:

Very cheap , is that for 9 holes ?  I am paying 420 baht for 18 holes on a 9 hole army course , 2 different tees 

18 holes on 9 hole courses, 2 different tees. ACDC was 220 baht yesterday + 20 baht for trolley. You need to lower your standards though, it's not like playing Khao Kheow. Fleet is 250+20, better than ACDC

On 5/6/2020 at 2:18 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Possible but more likely Corona related as they think it's carried by foreigners

Spot on cos last week the first 2 dentists that I visited cos of toothache refused to treat me and  quoted " we are scared of farang , he have the virus " and these are supposed to be educated professionals ?

One of the dentists had treated me 3 years ago and still had my dental records 

Today, Marine still closed due to Covid. ACDC open as usual. Fleet open to a few Thais, a thai man i was talking to at ACDC reckons it's not no foreigner so it's probably due to an admiral in town and it's closed for him etc.

Navy checkpoints as inconsistent as ever

On 5/6/2020 at 2:18 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Your exactly right.

Even going into 7-11. The Thai mentality (from overhearing them) is along the lines as why are foriegners here. That and not handsome, ???? 5555 But thats for me..

My point is, it seems among some Thais, they have the view aimed at 'foriegners.' Ironic as they continue to want Chinese coming. I guess they aren't foriegners, rather, those with money from the north.