Rise in curfew violations since Sunday amid warning booze ban could be reinstated

webfact

7 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

So because around 75 people were arrested for congregating together to drink that means the rest of the adult population should be treated like children and are not allowed to have a beer at home? 

I expect many more problems because of alcohol than just breaking the curfew. But perhaps the people just get a warning and no penalty and so nobody cares about laws too much. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

So because around 75 people were arrested for congregating together to drink that means the rest of the adult population should be treated like children and are not allowed to have a beer at home? 

"...should be treated BY children..."

You're welcome!

• Confused 3

23 minutes ago, Mattd said:

I wish somebody would explain to me the logic behind the curfew in terms of COVID-19,

there is no logic

if you ask someone in authority the answer will be the standard - National Security which actually means "because we can" 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

there is no logic

if you ask someone in authority the answer will be the standard - National Security which actually means "because we can" 

The logic might be that the authorities can't control everything 24 hours. And if the people stay at home there should be less problems. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Oldie said:

The logic might be that the authorities can't control everything 24 hours. And if the people stay at home there should be less problems. 

Again, no logic.

1. The authorities here cannot control anything, this has been proven time and time again, the more they restrict, the more some people resist.

2. Reducing hours people are allowed out increases risks, this is simple mathematics.

3. If people are supposed to stay home, then what is the point of a curfew, you either stay home or you don't, the time of day or night matters not one iota. A curfew does not and cannot reduce the infection risk.

I had to go to a pet shop yesterday to purchase pet food, including the 3 staff and myself there were 7 persons in the shop and only one was wearing a mask correctly, myself, the rest were either on the chin or not covering their nose, again, no point behind it all, it is either worn properly or not at all, there is no halfway.

The drive to and from I saw one other person wearing a mask correctly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Mattd said:

I wish somebody would explain to me the logic behind the curfew in terms of COVID-19, what purpose does the curfew achieve in useful COVID control, other than reducing the opening hours of businesses that are normally open for 24 hours and therefore making these shops etc. busier during the shortened opening hours.

The only advantage I see it is that it possibly helps to reduce the criminal element.

The police force, and indeed most state agencies here are primarily tasked with controlling rather than serving the population.

The imposition and enforcement of a curfew is an effective and salutary reminder that "the uniforms" remain in charge.

• Like 2

Whatever the logic, curfew and alcohol bans were introduced to limit the risk of being infected until Covid 19 had passed us by. Clearly, from the above reported consequence, lifting bans without enforced sanctions will result in higher infection rates because these 'couldn't care less' offenders will spread it...

As for the alcohol rush - words fail me that people could be so addicted. Sad, really. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What troubles me is why punish all for the sake of the guilty, this is dragging Thailand back to the "Dark Ages"; it is the guilty people who should be punished then you would not upset the whole nation by a thoughtless decision.!!!!!!! 

• Like 1