Britain outpaces Italy with Europe's highest official coronavirus death toll

snoop1130

21 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Where exactly is Boris hiding ?

If you find him, have a look to see if some of Boris's more supportive TV members are there too. Usually they would be all over a thread like this, but they are conspicuous in their absence these past few days. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

BELGIUM I think is a good example of the different counting systems. I'm tired of reading "We are not as bad as Belgium". It turns out that they were counting all the deaths in care homes as due to covid. These care home deaths made up near 50% of their overall figure.

It also strikes me that the government is going to save in the region of one billion pounds in the next 3 years in state pensions alone. Add in occupational pensions in the state sector and you could probably triple that. Every cloud has a silver lining (No pun intended) eh? That would be great for the NHS, though it appears that HMGOV is dead set on privatisation by stealth. 

Belgium - as far as I know - is the only nation, where the government does not swindle with the death cases.

6 May: 8339 deaths, of which 3967 confirmed, in hospitals, and 4302 in care homes. For a lot of graphs: https://www.demorgen.be/voor-u-uitgelegd/coronavirus-in-cijfers-en-kaarten-het-aantal-besmettingen-doden-en-genezen-patienten~b5875c3f/

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

That's true but anyway the figures show what kind of rotten health system and egomaniac government we have. 

I can congratulate the British with their votes to these morons. Maybe Boris the Lian can start up his handshake campain again ? 

• Like 2

On Newsnight last night an ex cabinet minister conservative mp (forgotten his name) said that 4000 new infections and 40 deaths per day would be a good result going forward as we have to live the virus. Estimates put 8 million UK citizens have had covid-19 and recovered, so herd immunity looks to be the policy still as the lockdown as has been very soft.

All of Boris' cabinet are either weak, patronising, inexperienced and the icing on the cake Prof Neill Ferguson the driving force behind the lockdown, breaks his own lockdown, quality!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Top of the league in Europe, CL and EL champions too.

The UK's figures include suspected cases where as Italy does not include suspected cases. It would be helpful if all countries used the same method of recording the deaths.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/05/uk-coronavirus-death-toll-rises-above-32000-to-highest-in-europe

An inquiry into a spate of Italian deaths in March showed 99 percent occurred among mostly elderly patients knocking at death's door.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8130479/99-patients-killed-coronavirus-Italy-existing-illnesses-study-finds.html

The UK's official COVID fatality figures are based on extremely dubious data and bear little relation to reality. Demands are growing among health experts for an inquiry into the methodology being used, which can result in decedents from other causes being recorded as victims of the virus.

https://in-this-together.com/covid-19-is-a-statistical-nonsense/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, shy coconut said:

I think in all deaths where there is a suspicion of the virus, a test is administered post mortem.

Many in care homes have a DNR notice on their notes which may lead to the shocking

instances occuring there. Many in these homes are very ill and approaching the end of 

their lives, which is why many are there in the first place.

I'm no Tory boy, and have no joy in supporting this government, but when my father was

living his last days in a home, there is no way they would have hooked him up to a 

ventilator to prolong his life, of course it was comforting that me and my mother were

bedside when he passed, I can't imagine how awful it would be to have a loved one

dying alone or without family nearby.

Good point. One of my friend's grandmothers died two weeks ago, in a hospice. She was never tested for Covid19. She was hooked up on to a ventilator in her last days. No family members were allowed to visit. She died alone. Still no Covid19 test post mortem. Covid19 was on the death cert. One of the nurses slipped up and mentioned that it was all about funding. As the lady in question had been on a ventilator the hospice will receive more.

How many other care home deaths have the same history? I'm guessing quite a lot.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 5:52 PM, hotandsticky said:

Where exactly is Boris hiding ?

In a  UK residential care home ?, i think not .

Plenty of vacancies for you expats , i wanna go home brigade .

Dominoes , and drafts , the best years of your life , bring your own slippers .

See you  there .  We'll  meet again, dont know where, don't know when .. 

Edited by elliss
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-italy-second-peak-lockdown-175929775.html

Coronavirus: Italy 'could be heading for deadlier second peak' after easing lockdown, scientists warn

d2882b90-b2cd-11e9-bf67-f6e885047fea
Yahoo News UK5 May 2020

Scaremongering part II, the sequel to the blockbuster from the spring returns this summer...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/5/2020 at 7:08 PM, PremiumLane said:

It is almost like self-centered right wing politicians who couldn't care about their own citizens is somehow connected to how they handle this crisis, who would have thought it?

And you think the hypocritical greedy pocket lining left wing grabbers give a toss about those they want to be "more equal" to and rule?

Your having a laugh!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 3:40 AM, Thingamabob said:

All these numbers are highly suspect. The whole exercise has become politicised. The 'died of corona' or 'died with corona' debate has given scope for a lot of mischief.

These numbers are indefensible and prove once again conservatives/Tories could care less about public health. They are in politics to keep the $$$/£££/€€€ rolling to themselves and their benefactors.

IMG_3470.thumb.PNG.fc91cd19ea94a62799ed4e65ee14be6c.PNG

11 hours ago, pegman said:

These numbers are indefensible and prove once again conservatives/Tories could care less about public health. They are in politics to keep the $$$/£££/€€€ rolling to themselves and their benefactors.

For me personally, this is not about politics. I think we will eventually find out that the EU has been seriously hit due to a) genetics b) climate (affects on cultural aspects of life) and c) viral mutations. If the data on genetic susceptibility that is coming out of the ONS at the moment is correct then its quite possible that Africa could be seriously affected, as well as many deaths going unrecorded in certain genetically biased countries. 

The very low rates in Asia were backed up by this ONS statistical finding, with East Asian ethnic origins being MUCH less likely to die from it than the ethnic whites, but the sub continent group being upto 3 times more likely to die and the black ethnic group being upto 4 times more likely to die (than ethnic whites).

There is still a LOT to learn.

Edited by MRToMRT
typo
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

And you think the hypocritical greedy pocket lining left wing grabbers give a toss about those they want to be "more equal" to and rule?

Your having a laugh!

But we don't have hypocritical greedy pocket lining left wing grabbers in charge so your point is irrelevant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1