Coronavirus health fears outweigh concern for economy - global survey

snoop1130

On 5/5/2020 at 5:23 PM, zeamonkey said:

Why no link to the original Reuters article? I wanna see what was really said.

Shame you don't have access to a search engine, you must be missing out on so much without one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monomial said:

There are actually many people who realize their life sucked before the lockdown, and are enjoying the change. Talked to an old friend the other day who says he is having a blast working from home. Hopes they never restart the economy.  I don't know a single person who is saying "continue the lockdown" and is saying it because they care about lives. I do know a few retirees (who have guaranteed income) and love the lockdown because the traffic is so much better though.

On the other hand, those people who are against it have that conviction because their lives are genuinely being destroyed.  Both myself and my wife are out of work. We have zero income right now. My wife can't make money without the return of global international postal services. I can't make money until I am able to cross regional borders freely for day trips. I'm going to be forcibly separated from my family once my current EOS expires because I can't come up with the 400k this year.  Doesn't take a genius to imagine that when faced with my life being destroyed, I'm not going to be too happy about it, and don't think highly of the moral sewers who celebrate my suffering just so they can enjoy a walk with a few less cars on the street.

I have very little respect for those supporting this lockdown, because I know that saving lives is not on their selfish list of reasons for promoting this economic evisceration. All this opinion poll proves is slightly more than half are having more fun now did than they did working before. Has nothing to do with health, and is not a reason to continue to watch millions starve and suffer under this economic stupidity.

I have zero respect  for you and your wild, selfish, incorrect generalisations.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It could be that if people spend more time at home the chances of them getting ill while they happen to be at home increases.

I’d go as far as to say that’s a certainty.

If they are staying at home and getting covid 19, where is it coming from? 

My facebook timeline is full of idiots trying to pretend capitalism is put over saving people's lives, this in spite of the lockdown orgies we have seen world-wide, obviously they are too stupid to understand that the lockdowns have not saved lives and merely destroyed economies. As evidenced by the fact that the UK, Italy, Spain et al have gone into lockdown fundamentalism but ended up with some of the worst mortality rates of all. Sweden, Japan or Taiwan did not go down the lockdown fundamentalist route and, surprise, surprise far better numbers than UK, Italy or Spain.

Anyone who demands or defends lockdown is just stupid or has some ulterior motive for doing so. 

Objectively lockdown is a total failure. Of course people love to pretend they're more moral than you and go on about saving lives, but we sholdn't take their nonsense seriously.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It could be that if people spend more time at home the chances of them getting ill while they happen to be at home increases.

I’d go as far as to say that’s a certainty.

Um hmm. On the other hand...

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/496483-evidence-mounts-that-outside-is-safer-when-it-comes-to-covid-19

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

My facebook timeline is full of idiots trying to pretend capitalism is put over saving people's lives, this in spite of the lockdown orgies we have seen world-wide, obviously they are too stupid to understand that the lockdowns have not saved lives and merely destroyed economies. As evidenced by the fact that the UK, Italy, Spain et al have gone into lockdown fundamentalism but ended up with some of the worst mortality rates of all. Sweden, Japan or Taiwan did not go down the lockdown fundamentalist route and, surprise, surprise far better numbers than UK, Italy or Spain.

Anyone who demands or defends lockdown is just stupid or has some ulterior motive for doing so. 

Objectively lockdown is a total failure. Of course people love to pretend they're more moral than you and go on about saving lives, but we sholdn't take their nonsense seriously.

My facebook timeline is full of idiots”

That’s a bit of a shocker.

36 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You should read that, it does not help the arguments you make.

I'm not making an argument, I'm simply relaying current trends in new CV cases and current inferences that health care professionals are drawing from that. I'm particularly interested in a lot of the new data that CV first attacks micro blood vessels and how early treatment may prevent later, life threatening clots.

11 hours ago, Monomial said:

There are actually many people who realize their life sucked before the lockdown, and are enjoying the change. Talked to an old friend the other day who says he is having a blast working from home. Hopes they never restart the economy.  I don't know a single person who is saying "continue the lockdown" and is saying it because they care about lives. I do know a few retirees (who have guaranteed income) and love the lockdown because the traffic is so much better though.

On the other hand, those people who are against it have that conviction because their lives are genuinely being destroyed.  Both myself and my wife are out of work. We have zero income right now. My wife can't make money without the return of global international postal services. I can't make money until I am able to cross regional borders freely for day trips. I'm going to be forcibly separated from my family once my current EOS expires because I can't come up with the 400k this year.  Doesn't take a genius to imagine that when faced with my life being destroyed, I'm not going to be too happy about it, and don't think highly of the moral sewers who celebrate my suffering just so they can enjoy a walk with a few less cars on the street.

I have very little respect for those supporting this lockdown, because I know that saving lives is not on their selfish list of reasons for promoting this economic evisceration. All this opinion poll proves is slightly more than half are having more fun now did than they did working before. Has nothing to do with health, and is not a reason to continue to watch millions starve and suffer under this economic stupidity.

Spot on! I have a tech job, and work in the townhouse that is my home here in BKK. My staff is working from home. All incomes are secure and business is good. My sons are both in tech in the States, and working from home, no complaints. CEO's, exec's, congressman, et.al., all have good secure incomes. Boomers are lapping up their extraordinary retirements (on the backs of their children and grandchildren).

Meanwhile, the average joe is taking this shutdown in the nose, and getting slammed.

It is shameful. For what? To protect vulnerable people who can be just as well protected by less destructive means. I sincerely believe the social aspect of this event is going to be very divisive, and is going to have long lasting implications. This is a game changer.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 5:22 PM, YetAnother said:

illustrates average intelligence; watch suicides soar, depression rampant, crime rampant, shortages everywhere ;people acting like animals; 10 year economic recovery, unemployment rampant, bankrupt governments

I’m sure you are volunteering at the local hospital 

On 5/5/2020 at 5:22 PM, YetAnother said:

illustrates average intelligence; watch suicides soar, depression rampant, crime rampant, shortages everywhere ;people acting like animals; 10 year economic recovery, unemployment rampant, bankrupt governments

Sounds worse than the  virus crisis !