Prayut warns THAI that govt will step in if bailout fails

snoop1130

I am sure Khun Prayut Chan O Cha is not happy with the way THAI airways has been losing money over the past three years and more .... has it ever made a profit  ?

Sack all the directors, managers, airline staff from upper level management and start again, cut the airline up into smaller pieces and make a budget airline from it's wasted stock.

If anyone can assert their authority on these clowns it's Khun Prayut Cha O Cha.

I'm glad to see he's discussed this issue and hopefully kills the old THAI.

Capture.khunprayut.PNG.2fcae081d3d6402058e522dd5c11a88c.PNG

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

They need to get in some expert westerners who know how to run an airline. Richard Branson is not busy right now !!

I wouldn't say RB was a good example .... he's asking for a bailout and he's throwing in his island as part of the deal.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

This is what's happening to every airline ....   I can see many governments owning airlines soon 

German airline Lufthansa in talks with government about rescue deal :

International airline Lufthansa is locked in crunch talks with the German government on the terms of a rescue deal, as it fights to avoid bankruptcy while keeping state influence at bay.

Europe's leading global airline group held its first virtual annual general meeting yesterday, unveiling a €1.2 billion (AU$2 billion) first quarter loss and painting a bleak picture of the outlook for global aviation, which has been brought to a virtual standstill by the coronavirus pandemic.

German weekly Der Spiegel and Bloomberg reported Friday that Lufthansa is negotiating a €10 billion ($10.8 billion) bailout with Germany that would give the government 25.1 per cent of the company and a seat on its supervisory board.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/lufthansa-airline-in-talks-with-german-government-about-bankruptcy-rescue-deal/f00954ae-373a-48c8-b8a1-67bd5f369ebc

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

wonder what the 10 goals are ..... I hope it's sack all the directors & management 

Goals are unnecessary.

Government sells its shares and let free enterprise determine the airline's fate going forward. 

Take the proceeds and use as relief funding for the pandemic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1