Some restrictions to be lifted on Pattaya beaches

snoop1130

Some restrictions to be lifted on Pattaya beaches

71d9f2b203ae17dcbc7d91557c0e63ff.jpg

Officials in Pattaya will lift some of the restrictions put in place to help combat the spread of COVID-19.

From May 9, people will once again be allowed to use beach sidewalks and promenades for running, walking and cycling at all beaches throughout Pattaya, including Pattaya beach, Jomtien, Naklua, Cosy Beach, Wongamat and at Bali Hai Pier. 

However, entering onto the beach itself for running, walking, sunbathing or swimming in the sea remains prohibited, as does congregating at the beach.

The easing of restrictions replicates those issued by authorities at Bang Saen beach in Chonburi, where while the beach itself remains off limits, people are allowed to exercise along the beach road and promenade.

The news comes after the wife of an eighty year old Frenchman alleged her husband was forced to pay 50,000 baht in bail after being arrested flouting the beach ban on Pattaya beach.

Source: PR Pattaya

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-05

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

From May 9, people will once again be allowed to use beach sidewalks and promenades for running, walking and cycling at all beaches throughout Pattaya,

Wow, I thought those were lifted Sunday except for "on the beach" 

Guess I am lucky, walked along from Soi 2 to Royal Garden, saw many others walking also. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

It really is shocking.............but expected in a country were uneducated people are running things 

Yes, really shows when this town has successive days of zero new cases, and whee the educated people run things, a regular number is 4000. 

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

However, entering onto the beach itself for running, walking, sunbathing or swimming in the sea remains prohibited

Absolutely, because yesterday I saw many virus in the sea.

• Like 1

Say what you will about their bumbling efforts, there was only one new case and no deaths reported yesterday. Yeah, I absolutely disagree with the alcohol ban even though it had no effect on me personally, but overall I feel a whole lot better living here than I would if I were in the US.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, really shows when this town has successive days of zero new cases, and whee the educated people run things, a regular number is 4000. 

you excelled with that one

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:
1 hour ago, Borzandy said:

Absolutely, because yesterday I saw many virus in the sea.

Another one who has totally missed the point.

He's dyslexic, he meant walrus

It seems the fall-out from the frail Frenchman being robbed by Pattaya BIB (Bandits-in-Brown) has struck a nerve?

There will be all sorts of restrictions in the small print to allow Plod to re-coup some of his lost revenue.

Still no word on the younger guy who claimed he was in the mafia. I wonder what happened to him, any canaries involved, lol? Highly amusing, when he was actually talking to the mafia!

16 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

•Walk on the sand, sunbathing, swimming, still not allowed.

• walk and running on the sidewalks promenade are allowed from May 9.

• Drinking, socializing, eating, group exercise, standing or loitering is prohibited.

• Sitting on stairs in front of Mike or any other place on the beach, are still not allowed.

• All beach activities, sports, sunbathing, games or anything on the sand is still prohibited.

Keep moving, don't drink alcohol, don't sit down.

Yep! Seems like you have understood the message and the rules implemented. Now it´s just to follow them or face the fine and possible jail time.

13 hours ago, smedly said:

Time we had live press conferences in this country were press could ask these people in charge probing questions and expect answers, although it would be an absolute comedy as they try to explain what they are doing and why they need to be accountable for their actions

It really is shocking.............but expected in a country were uneducated people are running things 

I really do hope people consider their options going forward as to were to holiday from next year  

Already decided, Vietnam.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, J Town said:

Say what you will about their bumbling efforts, there was only one new case and no deaths reported yesterday. Yeah, I absolutely disagree with the alcohol ban even though it had no effect on me personally, but overall I feel a whole lot better living here than I would if I were in the US.

"reported" (my bold) 

That's the problem, do we trust the figures?

Having said that, I haven't heard directly of any cases here (Pattaya), only friends of friends who heard about someone.  None in my extended Thai family (who seem to be spread over most of Thailand) either.  I do know of cases in the UK, including family, so maybe the regime has got it right.  Here's hoping anyway.

20 hours ago, Guderian said:

A few hundred yards away from the Dongtan police box nobody ever stopped using the beach walkway. So we're supposed to celebrate that we're now allowed to do what we've been doing anyway? Cuckoo. 

Probably because the BiB would get too sweaty if going out of their AC'd box for more than 50m. You can probably detonate a nuke a few hundred meters out. Maibpenrai.

4 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Chonburi area officials, led by the Chonburi Governor as well as Pattaya Mayor Sonthaya Khunpluem, explained in depth why the beaches would remain closed until further notice

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/06/chonburi-officials-explain-why-local-beaches-will-remain-closed-until-further-notice/

Their explanations are dumb.......People will just ignore this no beach nonsense ......So better for them if they just open it up...

10 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Their explanations are dumb.......People will just ignore this no beach nonsense ......So better for them if they just open it up...

We all agree about the silly beach ban. 

Pattaya plan more officers on the beach now to (control) arrest any who walk on the sand, or take a swim.

19 hours ago, mikebell said:

There will be all sorts of restrictions in the small print to allow Plod to re-coup some of his lost revenue.

On 5/6/2020 at 1:44 AM, OnTheGround said:

We will likely see some officers around hotspot areas, in front of Mike shopping mall, and a few other places where foreigners are known to sit down.

This is not over yet, this is only part two.

To be continued.

And so it came true.

1 tent with municipal officers on the promenade near soi 12, another near Central Festival.