More arrests as people continue to break nightly curfew

webfact

More arrests as people continue to break nightly curfew

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1588684476_1-org.jpg

Last night the patrols focused on the areas around Phuket Town and Kathu. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Ten more people were arrested in Phuket’s Muang District on Monday night for breaking the nationwide night curfew from 10pm to 4am.

The arrests were made by 20 Territorial Defense Volunteers, led by Uruphong Chanakul and Thongchai Rattanadet, conducting patrols in the areas around Phuket Town and Kathu using two patrol cars and four motorcycles from 10:30pm through to 2am Tuesday morning (May 5).

Those arrested for breaking the curfew in Muang District last night without essential reason were all men and named as: Thirawat Thaongthepthommachart, 38; Watcharaphong Samakkheethom, 37; Thaworn Chukorm, 49; Wirat Chukorm, 49; Phatiphol Limlaksasin,19; Bruebun Kedsuwan, 57; Watsana Trairattanakorn, 18; Narathip Khumphranom, 24; Alungkorn Bunkongkert, 22; and Warayuth Mussu, 23.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/more-arrests-as-people-continue-to-break-nightly-curfew-75972.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-05-06

• Haha 1

If this doesn't stop soon, the whole country risk increased curfew hours nationwide, and another lockdown, in all areas.

As always, a few braindead people make it worse for all of us. 

They name and shame them, but I doubt these douchebags care about it.

Edited by OnTheGround
  • Like 2

Why do the hard working responsible thai's tolerate these selfish morons, there is a very high risk of continuing measures due to the action of these selfish tissers, meaning no jobs no money etc, why aren't they thrown in the Hilton with a kicking why is  the government so weak in these circumstances?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

If this doesn't stop soon, the whole country risk increased curfew hours nationwide, and another lockdown, in all areas.

As always, a few braindead people make it worse for all of us. 

They name and shame them, but I doubt these douchebags care about it.

2 hours ago, thedemon said:

For those that haven't seen it already, this is how the police in India deal with their miscreants.

A longer curfew wouldn't bother me.  I've gotten used to it.

A few more motorbikes visible blasting around Kamala after curfew recently. Not seen the latest arrest numbers though I think Kamala was in the mid-30s.

I've noticed more and more people around Kamala are slipping when it comes to masks as well. Mainly YTM and elderly foreigners of the 'masks are bolleaux and do nothing' ilk.

I get the feeling these are the same chaps who don't like condoms 'coz it doesn't feel the same' gang. What they don't realise is that it has a backlash for the rest of us. Masks that is, not condoms. ????

• Like 1

Is it me or do news headlines only contain the word "Thai" when they do something positive? I don't see one non Thai name in the list.

Surely the headline should read:

More arrests as Thai's continue to break nightly curfew

Those arrested for breaking the curfew in Muang District last night without essential reason were all men and named as: Thirawat Thaongthepthommachart, 38; Watcharaphong Samakkheethom, 37; Thaworn Chukorm, 49; Wirat Chukorm, 49; Phatiphol Limlaksasin,19; Bruebun Kedsuwan, 57; Watsana Trairattanakorn, 18; Narathip Khumphranom, 24; Alungkorn Bunkongkert, 22; and Warayuth Mussu, 23

i'm just saying........