Biden's edge evaporates as Trump seen as better suited for economy, coronavirus response: Reuters/Ipsos poll

webfact

4 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

Yeh he might have been told that but when they punched the fake numbers in the virologists told them there was no threat.

3,000 dead out of 1,400,000,000 doesn't ring the alarm bells in ANY algorithm.

If they had told the truth or allowed foreigners in to assess the situation things would have been completely different

I guess the facts might help you, as a top White House advisor warned trump that this virus had the potential to kill thousands of Americans.........but the stable genius played golf and swatted away information from those that knew better. OOPS......forgot, no-one knows better than him, and perhaps he already had the answer with UV light and disinfectant. What an idiot.

The missing six weeks: how Trump failed the biggest test of his life: 
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/07/donald-trump-coronavirus-memos-warning-peter-navarro 

Donald Trump was warned at the end of January by one of his top White House advisers that coronavirus had the potential to kill hundreds of thousands of Americans and derail the US economy, unless tough action were taken immediately, new memos have revealed.

The memos were written by Trump’s economic adviser, Peter Navarro, and circulated via the National Security Council widely around the White House and federal agencies, and they show
that even within the Trump administration alarm bells were ringing by late January, at a time when the president was consistently downplaying the threat of Covid-19.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Hopefully the people will see how Trump has failed his people. Covid has become such an issue for him, he has decided to try not to discuss it anymore, and is dismantling the task force. 

Keep America great? Can you please explain to me what part of America is so great? Is it the highest rate of covid infections in the world? The highest death rate? One of the lowest per capita percentages of testing? Is it the exploding homeless population, that was happening long before covid came along? The ridiculous expensive standard of living? Is it the $3500 a month one bedroom apartments in larger cities? How about the 65% of the population who only had two months of savings to their names, prior to all this? Is it the health care system, which is failing its people? The crumbling infrastructure? 

Please break down this "greatness" for us all. We would love to be illuminated. And try to avoid White House talking points, if you can.

It's Trump's fault people suck at handling their finances? I think not. For added perspective, personal savings rate in China is 25%. In the US, it's 7.6%

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=chinese+savings+rate

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=us+savings+rate

What would you like Trump to do, force people to save more? You'd say it's just another example of him being a dictator. Now, as far as you talking down the US. That is easily addressed and somewhat debunked by a Gallup poll that says 150,000,000 foreigners would migrate to the US if they could. And that's one of the lower estimates. Do you have any evidence that shows the US isn't one of the most sought after countries to live in? And what speaks louder? Facts and statistics, or your anti-Trump complaining?

https://news.gallup.com/poll/153992/150-million-adults-worldwide-migrate.aspx

• Like 2

4 hours ago, moe666 said:

That kind of reminded me of Trump as he tries to look tough on China, while his pathic daughter gets special treatment on her cheap clothing line

Why do you think Ivanka is pathetic? She's beautiful, intelligent and successful. And yes, rich people get special treatment. Money talks. BS walks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

Biden is hopeless. Senile, corrupt and a pervert. 

As a non American I have to think is this the best the Dems have? - wow :shock1:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CGW said:

As a non American I have to think is this the best the Dems have? - wow :shock1:

Although this one does stand out, the POTUS elections always seem to offer an abysmal choice. It seems that the truly gifted, problem solving types are too smart to run for elected office

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Hopefully the people will see how Trump has failed his people. Covid has become such an issue for him, he has decided to try not to discuss it anymore, and is dismantling the task force. 

Keep America great? Can you please explain to me what part of America is so great? Is it the highest rate of covid infections in the world? The highest death rate? One of the lowest per capita percentages of testing? Is it the exploding homeless population, that was happening long before covid came along? The ridiculous expensive standard of living? Is it the $3500 a month one bedroom apartments in larger cities? How about the 65% of the population who only had two months of savings to their names, prior to all this? Is it the health care system, which is failing its people? The crumbling infrastructure? 

Please break down this "greatness" for us all. We would love to be illuminated. And try to avoid White House talking points, if you can.

Sounds like you are only talking about the high tax, liberal cities. You always come off as.a guy who would be uncomfortable 50 miles away from Santa Barbara. Just because you are unhappy with America, doesn't mean there aren't people extremely happy with it. Every problem you mention sounds like SF, NYC, LA. Flyover country is doing just fine.

For many people the whole work at home thing has been one of the greatest improvements to their quality of life that has ever happened. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, nattaya09 said:

Although this one does stand out, the POTUS elections always seem to offer an abysmal choice. It seems that the truly gifted, problem solving types are too smart to run for elected office

That's been the case since I've been old enough to vote -- settle for the least loathsome.  As much as I hated Nixon I couldn't vote for Humphrey or McGovern.  My turning point was 1988 when I voted for Dukakis and was relieved that he didn't win, and then didn't vote for 20 years.  I have a friend who is a hard-core Liberal (that's with a capital N) who was active in the Kerry campaign, and I expected him to be distraught after the loss.  But no, he took it well, saying with a laugh that "the worse thing than another 4 years of Cheney would be a Kerry presidency." 

But the people picked Biden from that whole multi-gender/multi-ethnic smorgasbord that numbered more than 20 at one point.  Of course some didn't really have much potential but we won't say who ???? .

The GOP knows low voter turnout works in their favor.  Camp Biden knows Obama won (twice) because black voters came out for him, and that's the edge Old Joe is counting on.  The GOP voter suppression movement will keep upping their game, Wisconsin was just an experiment.  DT said if there was a nationwide mail-in ballot the Republicans would never win another election.

Here's a link from a die-hard right-wing source:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/10/as-trump-rails-against-mail-voting-some-allies-emb/

Just now, Crazy Alex said:

And what do you think you'll find out from his tax returns?

I have no idea, but my conscience tells me that if someone goes to great lengths, using expensive lawyers and all that, in an attempt to not make them public, then there is obviously something he doesn't want to be found.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Susco said:

I have no idea, but my conscience tells me that if someone goes to great lengths, using expensive lawyers and all that, in an attempt to not make them public, then there is obviously something he doesn't want to be found.

Meh.... given the IRS hasn't taken action against him, I don't see how it's any of yours or my business.

Edited by Crazy Alex
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nattaya09 said:

I'm not sure that's true. They are systematically weeded out IMO.

The US budget exists to serve a small number of benificiaries. Both parties cater to the same beneficiaries. The only difference between the parties is the base they don't have to give money to. For the Democrats that is the identity, abortion crowd. For the Republicans that is the gun nut, anti abortion crowd. Costs neither party anything to pander to these groups, while their core constituents, the rich, win either way it goes. 

1 minute ago, Crazy Alex said:

I guess increasing one's net worth from $200 million to $3 billion means failure. Having a TV series with at least one spinoff, 14 year in production and a profit of $214 millions makes Trump unsuccessful. Leftists sure have strange beliefs.

I guess he will still be unsuccessful when he is elected to his second term. A feat achieved by very few people in history. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

Not trolling just asking you to apply your rules of success and failure to your personal situation. You seem to think a billionaire president is a failure in life. 

Have you ever seen prove that he's a billionaire?

There is prove available that he has at least 1.5 Billion personal debts, and that doesn't include the hundreds of law suits he is involved in, but that is not wealth is it?

There is no prove at all of what wealth he has, for the simple reason that he refuse to show his tax records.

Do you also notice that awful smell of a death rat?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Susco said:

Have you ever seen prove that he's a billionaire?

There is prove available that he has at least 1.5 Billion personal debts, and that doesn't include the hundreds of law suits he is involved in, but that is not wealth is it?

There is no prove at all of what wealth he has, for the simple reason that he refuse to show his tax records.

Do you also notice that awful smell of a death rat?

Anyway this is about Biden and how he has lost his edge. Trump's success isn't the issue. He is undoubtedly wealthier than any of us and the sitting President. 

The real issue is he has achieved more than Biden ever has. He is going to beat Biden like a drum. It's funny because I remember when Hillary ran and she wa so fantastic back then. Now she is reviled and everybody says worse candidate ever. That's how we will talk about Biden in 6 months.

Now go look at yourself in the mirror and repeat three times. Winning a second term as POTUS is the epitome of success.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

Take the mask of and show your face

We're probably talking about the same thing. If I had it elsewhere, it was intended to just be my signature. I found it a bit tedious to figure out.

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Now go look at yourself in the mirror and repeat three times. Winning a second term as POTUS is the epitome of success.

Think I missed something, but November must have come early this year........................in your mind that is.

Now here is something for you to read, and cry. ( pun intended )

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-biden-has-an-edge-over-trump-164403599.html?.tsrc=fin-srch

• Confused 1