Biden's edge evaporates as Trump seen as better suited for economy, coronavirus response: Reuters/Ipsos poll

webfact

54 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Isn't it odd how political parties and countries that include the word "Democrat" or "Democratic" in their titles usually aren't! 

Yes. It appeals to those who think things like "branding" is important, as opposed to actual substance.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Trump is obviously prepared to sacrifice 10s possibly 100s of thousand of lives to open up states well before all the professional advice says that it is safe, in the belief that the economy will rapidly recover and save him from defeat in November - he knows the line "It's the economy, stupid". 

Tell me if I'm wrong, but IMO Trump can't force states to open up. Isn't that down to the State government?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

The question is who? I would think Cuomo would be a better choice. It would still be tough for him as a northeast, anti-gun liberal. And he made a very clear statement he would not run. I suppose he could walk that back. I don't see anyone on the bench. Do you have any ideas?

• Like 1

Just now, OZinPattaya said:

I honestly hope Trump gets defeated in 2020 if only to see what becomes of a political party with zero vision and whose entire identity has been predicated on demonizing the "other." No more dastardly Orange Man. That should be a real spectacle. CNN and BBC might actually have to start indulging in what is called journalism.

1) Your comment could be easily used on either of the two major US parties.

2) The media will continue with being propaganda outlets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

1) Your comment could be easily used on either of the two major US parties.

2) The media will continue with being propaganda outlets.

I'd agree with you on both points if the playing field were level, but since it's not even remotely so, and it's silly to pretend that it is, I'm not going to make believe that there's some equivalence between the Right and the Left in this respect, because the deck has clearly been stacked.

Edited by OZinPattaya
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, OZinPattaya said:

I honestly hope Trump gets defeated in 2020 if only to see what becomes of a political party with zero vision and whose entire identity has been predicated on demonizing the "other." No more dastardly Orange Man. That should be a real spectacle. CNN and BBC might actually have to start indulging in what is called journalism.

Trump could be quite easily defeated by a good Dem candidate with a vision for a better USA, IMO. None stood in the primaries.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Trump could be quite easily defeated by a good Dem candidate with a vision for a better USA, IMO. None stood in the primaries.

Nobody smart wants to jump in because anybody with half a brain nows the dems would eat their brains. It's an exclusive club that is unwelcoming to outsiders and attacks anything that gets near. 

I will be amazed if Biden ends up being the candidate in the end. Maybe they should go back to Bernie because Biden isn't getting that portion of the vote. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Tell me if I'm wrong, but IMO Trump can't force states to open up. Isn't that down to the State government?

That's what the media went nuts about last month when Trump suggested that he would get involved using the power of the Office.  Of course, prior to him bringing that up, they were criticizing him for not putting a national lockdown into effect similar to Newsom in Cali.   

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

The question is who? I would think Cuomo would be a better choice. It would still be tough for him as a northeast, anti-gun liberal. And he made a very clear statement he would not run. I suppose he could walk that back. I don't see anyone on the bench. Do you have any ideas?

I would like to see Bernie with Yang as VP. That's not going to happen however and I'd settle for Klobuchar who at least shows some shades of humanity, bitch though she is.

• Haha 1

If what I read, Trump's erratic handling of the corona virus outbreak, the worsening economy and a cascade of ominous public and private polling gave republicans increasingly nervous. The inside discontent of the GOP with senior republicans speaking out in profanity of Trump's idiotic handling of the virus and the sloppiness of the big tranche of loans and grants that didn't reach the small businesses while indecent amount of loans handed to large corporations that don't need nor asked for it are growing more intense and louder. His daily brief seen like a bully pulpit has effectively became a platform for self-sabotage. GOP incumbents are surfacing like the Lincoln Project and Scaramucci and are spending big sum of advertisement money to warn fellow republican members that he can't have another 4 years of havoc. I feel that many republicans will not come out to vote and will jeopardize his re-election chance. Republicans are just Trump fatigue and will not come out to vote just like the Dems did in 2016. Biden to win even in the battle ground states.  

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nattaya09 said:

Cuomo might not look so good by then if they do a post mortem on the handling of the virus.

Once the facts about all the deaths in the nursing homes comes out, he's done. It was his Health Department that actually compelled nursing homes to accept patients with the virus or even exposed to the virus. He was the one that lit the match, but in typical Cuomo style he will find someone outside his office to blame. Then there's the massive corruption for which a few of his close buddies went to jail. And then there's the fiscal mismanagement in NY State, but in all fairness that's a much bigger issue involving all of Albany, but he's done nothing to try to fix it. 

The one thing I do like is how he continually toys with the idiot DeBlasio like a cat plays with a crippled mouse. That's some good stuff.

I am so happy I left NY and have no plans to ever return.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, phkauf said:

Once the facts about all the deaths in the nursing homes comes out, he's done. It was his Health Department that actually compelled nursing homes to accept patients with the virus or even exposed to the virus. He was the one that lit the match, but in typical Cuomo style he will find someone outside his office to blame. Then there's the massive corruption for which a few of his close buddies went to jail. And then there's the fiscal mismanagement in NY State, but in all fairness that's a much bigger issue involving all of Albany, but he's done nothing to try to fix it. 

The one thing I do like is how he continually toys with the idiot DeBlasio like a cat plays with a crippled mouse. That's some good stuff.

That's about it. Well said.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, phkauf said:

You do know that Andrew Cuomo had a highest ever ranking with 71% believing he done a good job and he is much more trustworthy than Trump. Perhaps this news may influence your re-thinking just a bit. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Your opinions won't matter in November.

Neither will your posts.

Damned, why did I fall for your baiting.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

I do not find the quality of life to be high in Thailand even if you are worth millions. I happy you are thrilled to be there. Now all you have to do is pull the plug completely and stop caring about what happens in the USA as you aren't here. 

Well, I have a small business in the US. And my family is there. So, I visit at least twice a year. I do enjoy spending time there. For a month or so. Many of us love the life here. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

You do know that Andrew Cuomo had a highest ever ranking with 71% believing he done a good job and he is much more trustworthy than Trump. Perhaps this news may influence your re-thinking just a bit. 

In NY perhaps. Outside he is toast, IMO.

• Like 2

A post using a trolling reference to POTUS and the replies have been removed.

A post using a trolling reference to Joe Biden and the replies have been removed.

Some troll posts and replies have been removed.