no mail from UK ,any idea when?

Repatriation flights are still happening so the OP's package could turn up at any time. All courier services are still working but Royal Mail doesn't use them.

FWIW, in pre WuFlu times, Royal Mail international tracked and signed from the UK would take 7-10 days depending if it caught holidays at either end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thailand - On Suspension

Start date: 16 March 2020
Latest update: 23 April 2020
End date: Ongoing
Incident:Coronavirus

Update: 23 April 2020
We're currently not sending items to Thailand as there are no available transport links. Items sent will be held and you'll experience significant delays.

Original Incident: 16 March 2020
Thailand has put special measures in place from Monday 16 March, to limit the spread of Coronavirus. Thailand Post need to comply with these measures and may have reduced staff numbers so not able to deliver all mail to specifications. Signature on delivery is suspended and delays to mail services can be expected.

Togo - On Suspension

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, izod10 said:

Thailand - On Suspension

We're currently not sending items to Thailand as there are no available transport links. Items sent will be held and you'll experience significant delays.

Thailand has put special measures in place from Monday 16 March, to limit the spread of Coronavirus. Thailand Post need to comply with these measures and may have reduced staff numbers so not able to deliver all mail to specifications. Signature on delivery is suspended and delays to mail services can be expected.

Togo - On Suspension

thanks ,yes i read that ,i was just wondering if anyone had any updated news.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Repatriation flights are still happening so the OP's package could turn up at any time. All courier services are still working but Royal Mail doesn't use them.

FWIW, in pre WuFlu times, Royal Mail international tracked and signed from the UK would take 7-10 days depending if it caught holidays at either end.

thanks ,i need something else sent ,so good to know dhl are still delivering here .

20 hours ago, Raphus said:

There are still cargo flights worldwide. Just look at Radar24 app. However, most of the flights are carrying medical equipment. Also, it is Thailand that stopped flights and not the cargo carriers.

You're right there are cargo flights, just checked DHL, they want nearly 60 pounds for a letter with two debit cards in it, i think I will wait for Royal Mail.

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Your right there are gargo flights ,just checked DHL ,they want nearly 60 pounds for a letter with two debit cards in it ,i think i will wait for Royal Mail.

I have 3 bits of plastic now sitting in the UK and I will be using DHL later this month to get them over here as I can't wait for Thailand Post. PM me of you are interested in the cost splitting and getting yours delivered.

4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

You're right there are cargo flights, just checked DHL, they want nearly 60 pounds for a letter with two debit cards in it, i think I will wait for Royal Mail.

There is a potential headache which I came across myself about a year or so ago. Most UK banks now require new cards to be activated online or over the phone when you receive them, and this in my case had to be done within 30 days of the cards being sent to my home address in the UK.

Hence by the time my cards got to Thailand (they were sitting around in the UK for a bit), I couldn't use them.

Edited by SteveK

If anything like my parcel its on a journey of a lifetime 555

We have received your item at LANGLEY HWDC, our international processing centre. Your item is being prepared for despatch overseas.

Updated on: Wednesday 29 April

1. 09:15am
    Item Received by Royal Mail LANGLEY HWDC
Hide earlier journey

Tuesday 28 April

1. 02:47pm
    Item received at Northern Ireland MC

Tuesday 28 April

1. 10:45am
    Redirection in place - item forwarded National Return Centre

Monday 27 April

1. 11:28am
    Suspected prohibited goods National Return Centre

Saturday 21 March

1. 06:05pm
    Item Despatched to Royal Mail site Edinburgh MC

Saturday 21 March

1. 05:12pm
    Item received at Edinburgh MC

Saturday 21 March

1. 09:08am
    Sender preparing item

Saturday 21 March

1. 08:53am
    Accepted at Post Office Coupar Angus Post Office [PH13 9DJ]
  2. 08:53am
    Accepted at Post Office Coupar Angus Post Office [PH13 9DJ]
  • Haha 1
55 minutes ago, Toosetinmyways said:

Well blow me down with a feather..

I subscribe to a fortnightly UK magazine Last issue was posted on the 3 April and it was in my hand 11 April here in Rayong to my surprise. The next issue was posted 24 April and arrived 5 minutes ago.

Magazines and such are often sent in bulk by air freight and then sent domestically from Bangkok.

On 5/7/2020 at 8:48 AM, bert bloggs said:

No Thai Post to the UK either - suspended until further notice.

DHL was an alternative option, but they want me to drop it off at their Khon Kaen depot (over a 2 hour drive) and wanted over 3,000BHT for 4 sheets of A4 documents.

On 5/7/2020 at 1:25 PM, SteveK said:

There is a potential headache which I came across myself about a year or so ago. Most UK banks now require new cards to be activated online or over the phone when you receive them, and this in my case had to be done within 30 days of the cards being sent to my home address in the UK.

Hence by the time my cards got to Thailand (they were sitting around in the UK for a bit), I couldn't use them.

Mine get delivered to my brother and he sends me a picture/scan and holds on to them until I arrange for someone to bring them over. As long as you don't physically need to use them (which I generally don't) it has worked well.

• Thanks 1
On 5/6/2020 at 10:51 AM, izod10 said:

Thailand - On Suspension

Togo - On Suspension

Good news for us Brits awaiting post from the Motherland!

Update: 11 May 2020
Mail despatches to Thailand have now resumed, and we’ll prioritise the processing and shipment of mail held during the recent period of suspension. Delays will still be evident as in-country restrictions remain in place to prevent the spread of Coronavirus.

Source: https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317/~/international-incident-bulletin

Edited by OJAS
  • Thanks 2
On 5/13/2020 at 3:43 PM, OJAS said:

Mail despatches to Thailand have now resumed, and we’ll prioritise the processing and shipment of mail held during the recent period of suspension. Delays will still be evident as in-country restrictions remain in place to prevent the spread of Coronavirus.

Source: https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317/~/international-incident-bulletin

just checked ,and my post is still at Langley ,

On 5/13/2020 at 3:43 PM, OJAS said:

Mine just arrived in Thailand ,posted 27th april .

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

i heard that ,but its now coming the other way ,seems strange ,one way but not the other.

I've been following your posts Bert.

When I read you'd received your UK mail, I tripped down to Thai Post again this morning only to be told air mail is only going from Thailand to other limited Asian Countries, not to the UK as yet.

I can send EMS by sea, but estimated 45 day delivery time.

16 minutes ago, NightSky said:

Goto parcel2go.com

enter your details and get a discounted quote.

or try other uk discounted postal sites also.

It's not a parcel but a letter.

3 A4 sheets of paper to be precise.

Parcels2Go don't send from Thailand.

DHL want the equivalent of £80 and I have to drop it off.

I dropped them off my list instead.

7 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

It's not a parcel but a letter.

3 A4 sheets of paper to be precise.

Parcels2Go don't send from Thailand.

DHL want the equivalent of £80 and I have to drop it off.

I dropped them off my list instead.

I see, although I was responding to the OP who asked about incoming flights to Thailand to deliver from UK. I see you continued the thread with your own questions.

In your case the only option is to send DHL, TNT etc until the airmail and EMS re-start. Im waiting to send letters out also.

Edited by NightSky