Video: Amazing Thailand - public ordered to do press-ups and jumping jacks for not wearing face masks

webfact

Video: Amazing Thailand - public ordered to do press-ups and jumping jacks for not wearing face masks

8pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

A video from southern Thailand showed public health officials at checkpoints ordering people riding motorcycles and driving cars to do 20 press-ups or jumping jacks for not wearing masks. 

It all seemed very good natured and no one was fined.

However, they were warned not to do it again and wear a mask next time. 

77kaoded reported that some people were given masks to wear.

8pm2.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

The spectacle seems to have been the idea of a phu yai ban (village chief) called Chaiya in the Na Muang Petch sub-district of Trang. 

Children and adults - some carrying a little extra weight - were seen smiling as they complied with the orders.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-06

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

Soooo, one has to wear a mask inside your car then?

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Direct order from the Army

7 hours ago, keith101 said:

absolutely ridiculous especially if your alone , i dont wear it inside the car ever no need 

We traveled back by car from our house near Trang last month to here in Pattaya (retirement extension renewal) and was advised beforehand to have masks and sanitised gel "at the ready" we did but with only one check along the 940 kms run it was a bit of a waste of time....4 weeks on it may be different,we will see as were off down there again on sunday :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Soooo, one has to wear a mask inside your car then?

My Mrs was turned back in the village last month with 4 kids in the car as she didn't have hers and the kids masks on, and was going up the road 400 metres to her mums farm land.

She was livered, came back huffing and puffing as if she was going to get the shotgun....lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Youlike said:

So they have the same lousy policeforce all over the country? Not only here it seems.

Most are volunteers getting a minimum for their help from what my Mrs tells me, we see them at the boom gate under their tent eating and 90% wearing their face masks under their chins in close proximity of each other and when they have had enough, they keep the gate up as most without masks on bikes ride through laughing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Muppets. The physical exertion and heavy breathing will only help proliferate the spread of virus laden exhalant.

Exactly.  So actually the police are aiding and abetting the spead of the killer Covid-19 virus. Lordy, Lordy, Lordy.  Everyone!  Drop and give me 50 with N95's on!!!

7 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Anyway most important when you take a sht!

In your case it,s the others that will need the mask....warn them beforehand...there,s a good chap  :clap2:

7 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I can't wear a face mask whilst I'm driving because they make my glasses steam up which makes it tricky to see where I'm going! 

Stick your head out of the window then.....sorted :cheesy:

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, faraday said:

As many Thai people are having financial issues, & probably just do not have any fine money.

I think it's a reasonable response by the police.

would you bend over and touch your toes too?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Similar I have seen a while ago for people not wearing a helmet. Good idea, especially now with people not having any money.

Dear me, another who is happy to be subjugated by 3rd world simpletons

• Thanks 2