Video: Amazing Thailand - public ordered to do press-ups and jumping jacks for not wearing face masks

webfact

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:
1 hour ago, Youlike said:

So they have the same lousy policeforce all over the country? Not only here it seems.

Most are volunteers getting a minimum for their help from what my Mrs tells me, we see them at the boom gate under their tent eating and 90% wearing their face masks under their chins in close proximity of each other and when they have had enough, they keep the gate up as most without masks on bikes ride through laughing.

I thought and hoped that mr Prayuth would give thailand a real policeforce.....but that was a dream.

As usual with these videos, they are always referred to as 'Amazing'. They aren't amazing at all. They are pathetic. Just like when the cops get school boys riding without helmets to do squats.

How about they actually enforce the law. This might make people slowly conform to the rules that are set. Instead, after days of lower deaths on the roads due to the lockdown, yesterday they were back to over 60. 

3 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

As usual with these videos, they are always referred to as 'Amazing'. They aren't amazing at all. They are pathetic. Just like when the cops get school boys riding without helmets to do squats.

How about they actually enforce the law.

I would rather Thailand stay as it is than be like my home country, Scotland, where you can be arrested for being in a car at traffic lights and having a drink of water or eating a sandwich. Ridiculous. 

In Australia last year, I was fined over $100 for parking outside a shop, facing the wrong direction. I was in for 2 minutes buying a bottle of milk. The warden must have been hiding behind a tree, as I never saw them, ridiculous.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jane Dough said:

You clearly understand Thailand much better than so many TV posters who live in their expat bubble oblivious to reality.

Rooster

I always thought reality was an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

people are generally happy to follow rules when they make sense 

wearing a mask alone (or with family members) in a private car is ridiculous 

Of course, but not as entertaining for the petty officials though. You're speaking as if logic entered into the process.

I know this sounds morbid, but will there be video evidence of someone forced to do press-ups dying of a heart attack I wonder?

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

Soooo, one has to wear a mask inside your car then?

I had written last week that I was told it would be a 20k fine if I was to be seen again driving my truck without a mask on. It’s a head shaker for sure. 

26 minutes ago, flexomike said:

have to have masks, but don't worry about no helmet

It is a "do-you-wear-a-mask check point" not a "do-you-wear-a-helmet check point". ????

26 minutes ago, Paiman said:

You follow any law?

I don´t follow every law - but I don´t complain if I have to pay a fine.

6 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I can't wear a face mask whilst I'm driving because they make my glasses steam up which makes it tricky to see where I'm going! 

Which part of the law says you need to see where you are going? Nobody else cares, why should you?

Nothing says you need to breathe, either. If you stop breathing, you won't spread contagion. Well, not very far, at least! (You won't kill too many with your driving habits either.)

6 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

They had better have medics on standby to treat those that suffer a heart attack.

Exactly.....they never look ahead.....one person doing roadside "exercises" and has a heart attack would put a stop to this nonsense!!  Idiots!!