Covid toes: only symptoms in many US kids and teenagers

18 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I first read about this several weeks ago when it was referred to as "blue toe". Nothing new here.

The toes in the two OP photos are not blue.

I did a google search, but could not find “blue toe”, only BTS (Blue Toe Syndrome). Is that what you meant? But patients often seem to be elderly; Covid Toe patients seem to be mainly children and teenagers.

Also some of the BTS links are quite old and certainly predate November/December 2019 when Covid-19 first appeared

Here’s one link to BTS:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4884725/

If you are referring to something else, then do you have a link to show that it is caused by coronavirus?

Maybe it is not a symptom that is new to you, but so far as I’m aware this is the first time it has appeared on this sub forum. 

Edited by silver sea

4 minutes ago, silver sea said:

The toes in the two OP photos are not blue.

I did a google search, but could not find “blue toe”, only BTS (Blue Toe Syndrome). Is that what you meant? But patients often seem to be elderly; Covid Toe patients seem to be mainly children and teenagers.

Here’s one link to BTS:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4884725/

If you are referring to something else, then do you have a link to show that it is caused by coronavirus?

Maybe it is not a symptom that is new to you, but so far as I’m aware this is the first time it has appeared on this sub forum. 

It was a reported phenomenon in young children and from the UK. It was weeks ago so can't provide a link.

My neighbour has a 2 year old son who is often sickly. I have been checking his feet every time he comes around.

Edited by Phil McCaverty

Just now, mauGR1 said:

Although we will never know to what extent, it's not a secret that staying at home for long time is not healthy, and it weakens the immune system.

Depends on what you do at home. I spend at least 14 hours per day outside, gardening, walking round the garden, sat on the patio with my laptop and eating all my meals outside. I've almost run out of jobs to do around the house, just minor maintenance, mainly check the tyres on 2 pushbikes, 2 motorbikes and a car. I'm beginning to get bored now. The only reason my health may have suffered is because the communal pool in my moo baan is closed, something I loudly objected to and have missed the most.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

It was a reported phenomenon in young children and from the UK. It was weeks ago so can't provide a link.

My neighbour has a 2 year old son who is often sickly. I have been checking his feet every time he comes around.

Just because it was weeks ago does not prevent you from doing an internet check. To help you, I did another google search, as you seem to be too busy checking your next door neighbour’s son’s feet, and here is a link about a woman in the US, rather than the UK, with a blue toe as a symptom:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/new-coronavirus-symptom-look-out-21893870

Covid19 seems to cause in some people rashes and discolouration instead of fever and respiratory problems.

4 minutes ago, silver sea said:

Just because it was weeks ago does not prevent you from doing an internet check. To help you, I did another google search, as you seem to be too busy checking your next door neighbour’s son’s feet, and here is a link about a woman in the US, rather than the UK, with a blue toe as a symptom:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/new-coronavirus-symptom-look-out-21893870

Covid19 seems to cause in some people rashes and discolouration instead of fever and respiratory problems.

No, you're alright mate, I'll leave that to you. I don't want to die of boredom. 555

Here's another symptom for you to research on the internet, redness around the eyes, not in the eyes, around the eyes. Crack on!

Edited by Phil McCaverty

4 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Depends on what you do at home. I spend at least 14 hours per day outside, gardening, walking round the garden, sat on the patio with my laptop and eating all my meals outside. I've almost run out of jobs to do around the house, just minor maintenance, mainly check the tyres on 2 pushbikes, 2 motorbikes and a car. I'm beginning to get bored now. The only reason my health may have suffered is because the communal pool in my moo baan is closed, something I loudly objected to and have missed the most.

I fully agree, i also have a garden, and the beach nearby, have a healthy diet and i try to keep a decent level of physical activity.

Yet, many millions are not so lucky as i, and i am a bit concerned about the mental health of many.

1 hour ago, Phil McCaverty said:

No, you're alright mate, I'll leave that to you. I don't want to die of boredom. 555

Here's another symptom for you to research on the internet, redness around the eyes, not in the eyes, around the eyes. Crack on!

Yes red eye problems are well known and also loss of taste and smell, but this thread is about Covid Toes. 

There are numerous strains of the virus going round the world, which may explain these variations.