Hardware Stores

4MyEgo

We went to Khon kaen yesterday, was opened sort of. They meet you front shop. You need to know part number you want. They go and get it. They give u a QR code to scan on ur phone banking to pay (no cash). After you pay they take ur phone inside to register the transaction. Then you go round the back and pick up ur item. Whole process 30 minutes, like comedy capers. What really annoyed me was we rang first and they said they were open. No mention of this nonsense. Lucky it was a catalogue item and I took my phone with a screen shot. I tried to buy the item online first and their website a total joke. No information re their store status. I tried to check out using SCB and their site cuts off the final bit where you need to ok. Then tried with BKK bank credit card and said could not use my card out of store hours. On top of that looked like it was going to be 2 weeks delivery. After went to Big C and all shop open, no areas closed off but signs on non food areas saying can not purchase. Mrs asked one of the store attendants and she said its ok, get what you want. Obviously no one knows whats going on here. I thought shops were fully open again. Looked like Central all shut up. Lady at Homepro said they hadn't been given the go ahead by Khon Kaen Governor to fully open yet. Not sure what's happening other provinces.

Speaking of terrible websites do Thai visa know know when typing a reply on a phone or tablet there are that many adds taking up the bottom of the screen you can not read what you are typing? Brilliant.

Edited by Tingtong2mut
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

By chance does anyone in Udon Thani know if HomePro has opened up again ?

Wife went two days ago, gave up on getting in as they had a queuing system for entry, it was a Sunday so maybe not so bad now, so yes it is open

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Tingtong2mut said:

We went to Khon kaen yesterday, was opened sort of. They meet you front shop. You need to know part number you want. They go and get it. They give u a QR code to scan on ur phone banking to pay (no cash). After you pay they take ur phone inside to register the transaction. Then you go round the back and pick up ur item. Whole process 30 minutes, like comedy capers. What really annoyed me was we rang first and they said they were open. No mention of this nonsense. Lucky it was a catalogue item and I took my phone with a screen shot. I tried to buy the item online first and their website a total joke. No information re their store status. I tried to check out using SCB and their site cuts off the final bit where you need to ok. Then tried with BKK bank credit card and said could not use my card out of store hours. On top of that looked like it was going to be 2 weeks delivery. After went to Big C and all shop open, no areas closed off but signs on non food areas saying can not purchase. Mrs asked one of the store attendants and she said its ok, get what you want. Obviously no one knows whats going on here. I thought shops were fully open again. Looked like Central all shut up. Lady at Homepro said they hadn't been given the go ahead by Khon Kaen Governor to fully open yet. Not sure what's happening other provinces.

Speaking of terrible websites do Thai visa know know when typing a reply on a phone or tablet there are that many adds taking up the bottom of the screen you can not read what you are typing? Brilliant.

ThaiVisa website depends on what phone or system you're using. My Samsung phone has always had a problem but my windows computer all good, no probs. I think they know all the probs and everytime they try to fix something they seem to stuff up something else. Try using your phone in landscape mode then backto portrait mode.

Things could have changed, but last week went to Global Khong Kean/ Kalasin, closed mainly but Roiet Global open, Full House Pon Tong open and Mukdahan Global always open but Indochina Mall closed. Kalasin all open, but Dee Home barcode or pic on phone needed.

9 hours ago, CGW said:

Wife went two days ago, gave up on getting in as they had a queuing system for entry, it was a Sunday so maybe not so bad now, so yes it is open

Will check it out today as I just need a set of curtains and a chain with keylock, if the que system is big, won't even stop, will wait till they reopen normally.

I have to say, this is all BS in my opinion because if you go to Big C which is as big as HomePro, there are people everywhere, let's not talk about the local food markets at the big town near our place at at 6pm, no 1.5 metres there, more like 1.5cm, so it's all BS, can't control it IMO.

• Like 1

went to Home Pro this morning May 7.

Temp check, hand sanitizer and in I go. Find out later I'm Supposed to get a number but there's no signs or instruction.

Walk in get what I'm going for, pay the money, try to walk out same door as I entered, they try detain me, go to another door, I told them to get the f$$$ out of my way.

There's no signs telling you what to do, people running around going YOU YOU YOU, english in Home Pro is nonexistent, I'm in a bad mood because my water pump crapped out last night.

But yeah, Home Pro is open

• 2 weeks later...

Thai Watsaudu | Homepro | Home Mart all open normally in Buriram. Hours might be changed, but you can walk about and pick the items you want. Global House in Burirma now closes at 5:30pm  Cash gladly accepted in Buriram. I showed my "Buriram Healthy" sticker when I shopped at all four hardware stores earlier this week. Buriram Supply Appliance store was open normal hours and they had a sink to wash your hands before entering the appliance store. Ruangsangthai in Buriram also had a sink to wash hands, (Thai watsadu has a sink at the exit) and like the other Builders Merchants stores they check your temperature.  Some stores in Buriram offer free coffee, most stores do not offer complimentary coffee. Homepro delivery was not expensive for a fridge to my village house and was very prompt. I've added to my Makita Garden tools collection of 36 volt cordless tools in Thailand. Still no alcohol for sale in Buriram, but I am waiting for the Governor to make announcements today. 

Buriram Home Builders Merchants Moses Lopez Mr Ken Fans.jpg

Free Coffee Buriram Hardware Builders Merchants Store.jpg

Buriram Home Builders Merchants Store Staff.jpg