Trump says he did not wear mask at Honeywell facility after consulting CEO

webfact

26 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

It's becoming rather apparent Trump's idea of what a "real man" is.

"Real men don't wear mask."

"Real men don't give a <deleted> about the environment."

"Real men are coal miners and roughnecks."

"Real men treat women like dirt because they exist to serve men."

"Real men are not politically correct."

"Real men never admit they're wrong."

"Real men never apologize."

"Dictators are the epitome of real men."

Real men don't  constantly use the term POTUS, no I didn't say you did.

31 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Nobody guiding the tour wore a mask either. I can't believe the childish comments. Now go put on your masks like your leader Prayuth orders you. 

They all should have been wearing masks, if only for appearances.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

They all should have been wearing masks, if only for appearances.

I am not too concerned about doing things for the sake of appearances. Does Cuomo (pick your favorite Cuomo here) wear a mask? Nancy does because she is actually sincerely afraid of dying.

Edited by Cryingdick

51 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Nobody guiding the tour wore a mask either. I can't believe the childish comments. Now go put on your masks like your leader Prayuth orders you. 

"a small number of individuals directly interfacing with the president ... were tested for COVID-19 immediately prior to the event, received negative test results, and were permitted to not wear masks". They were all tested for covid immediately prior. I hope they are 100% accurate. Since few people have access to real time tests, setting an example for those people might be helpful. While they admit they don't have the scientific evidence needed Taiwan's health ministry believes if both people wear masks the chance of infection drops to 1 or 2%.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3927810

From the article "

Chang said if people infected with coronavirus wear a face mask, the number of droplets released through sneezing, coughing, exhaling, speaking, etc... is reduced by 70 to 80 percent. Likewise, if a healthy person wears a face mask, the amount of such droplets inhaled from carriers will also be reduced by 70 to 80 percent.

He then estimated that when both parties are wearing a mask, the chance of transmission drops down to just one or two percent. However, he conceded that there is not yet any scientific data to support his theory."

Edited by vermin on arrival

19 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I am not too concerned about doing things for the sake of appearances. Does Cuomo (pick your favorite Cuomo here) wear a mask? Nancy does because she is actually sincerely afraid of dying.

I am wearing one for appearances, and he should as well. His position is all a show of appearances.

What an idiot he is. But, but uncle Honeywell said I don't have to wear one! Like a frigin child. The leader of the free world ... OMG !  Its a perfect example of the paradox of mans nature; Can be powerful, successful man as he is with money and be a inept child at the same time.

15 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Indeed.  It is moot whether, or how much, wearing a mask protects others, or you, or anything - but while White House protocol tells others to wear a mask, it is incumbent on Leaders to set an example.  But once again, Trump shows utter contempt for everyine except himself.  "Do as I say, not as I do".  But his acolytes continue to fawn over his every word and action as if he really is some sort of deity.

here's the thing.  we don't need a bunch of sweaty old farts breathing heavily in a clean room used to manufacture protective gear.

sure, they might have been tested for covid, but what other nasty germs could they be spreading throughout the production facility?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Trump took a tour of the facility, held a meeting about how the virus was affecting native Americans, and gave remarks, all without a mask.

did he announce a donation of blankets?  clueless oaf.

9 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

wrong, nobody in Australia wears a mask apart from Asian people

chech the infection and death tolls in Australia

The thing about the Asian societies which are big mask wearers from the start, Taiwan, South Korea and Hong Kong, they crushed covid with no lockdowns. Their economies are still rolling along. Food for thought. Of course, these were not their only policies, but no lockdowns.

You are the >deleted< President of the United States and your >deleted< country is in the middle of a >deleted< pandemic!

You should KNOW and DO what is RIGHT and "consult" other people, except they are medical experts!

And by the way: no...you didn't!

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2020 at 7:23 PM, bodga said:

Because you  know 100%  that a  face  mask = less deaths right? NO  you don't, and neither does anyone else at the moment, all you do is "think" it does.

I  suspect it's going to be many  more reasons including climate   for  one that will come out in the future once this  has  past.

A cloth face mask, not an N95 mask, gives around 40% protection depending on tightness of weave, number of layers, etc. No face mask gives 0% protection.