Pompeo blames China for hundreds of thousands of virus deaths, denies inconsistency

webfact

6 minutes ago, Stadtler said:

You are right on this particular point. The reasons about it are not clear.

It is interesting to note that the information comes from Gaixin, a media group based in Beijing and therefore subject to CCP's censorship.

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You make 4 claims, I disagree with 3 with arguments. Your answer is a link and telling me to find the arguments for you. Sorry, discussions don't work that way. Disagree with someone, come with facts.

You'll get one for now as I will go exercise.

The title says it all. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/coronavirus-cause-china-research-evidence-destroyed-a9495856.html

Chew on that for a while. 

One down.

The rest of your silly assertions will fall just as quickly.  Walking awaits:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Stadtler said:

You'll get one for now as I will go exercise.

The title says it all. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/coronavirus-cause-china-research-evidence-destroyed-a9495856.html

Chew on that for a while. 

One down.

The rest of your silly assertions will fall just as quickly.  Walking awaits:

Again a link and the message to do the work myself. This time even worse, a link that doesn't work with adblocker.

Looking forward to your answers, not a link and the message 'find it yourself'.

I will help you, China said ' no clear evidence of human to human transmission', far from the same as your claim ' China said no human to human transmission', even stronger, it points towards human to human transmission being possible.

With that point cleared and you being correct on point 3, leaves you only 2 points to prove.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Stadtler said:

Here is the conclusion of that article:

However, there is little in the document that is not already in the public domain and there is nothing to conclusively support Mr Trump’s claim that the disease originated in a scientific laboratory. It confirms that the Australian government believes that a wet market in Wuhan was the likely origin of the virus.

Not at all Mr Pompeo speech...

• Like 1

Not to allow China off the hook completely but if Trump had taken the situation seriously, earlier he

could have saved thousands of lives .

He procrastinated beyond belief including an interview where he stated " just an old Chinaman came here"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

I just find it fascinating how far the liberal left will go to defend China. They will spend hours of their day on here and pages of posts defending China then when you point it out they seem gobsmacked and try to act like they aren't defending China. 

It makes it even more laughable that in defending China, the liberal left sides with a nation that is the antithesis of their whole belief system, and by every available metric WORSE than Trump and Pompeo will ever be. 

But apparently Orange Man is so bad that communist China can have a free pass at wrecking the world economy and stacking corpses in every western nation. 

It's all about facts, which seems to escape you.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

I just find it fascinating how far the liberal left will go to defend China. They will spend hours of their day on here and pages of posts defending China then when you point it out they seem gobsmacked and try to act like they aren't defending China. 

It makes it even more laughable that in defending China, the liberal left sides with a nation that is the antithesis of their whole belief system, and by every available metric WORSE than Trump and Pompeo will ever be. 

But apparently Orange Man is so bad that communist China can have a free pass at wrecking the world economy and stacking corpses in every western nation. 

The reality, most liberals got indoctrinated in college, where free speech is discouraged.  And you have a high concentration of pro-China funding as well.

During my college years, even I leaned leftward.  That all ended when I got a good job and began to pay more and more taxes.

Edited by Isaan sailor
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

I just find it fascinating how far the liberal left will go to defend China.

I just find fascinating how far the president/government of a western country can attack so consistently China without showing any proof of what China may have made wrong...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

It's all about facts, which seems to escape you.

The 'facts' that China put forward which you seem hell bent on believing without question for some bonkers reason.

But you keep carrying that water.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

China's hero doctor was punished for telling truth about coronavirus

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/08/opinions/coronavirus-bociurkiw/index.html

U.S. Intelligence Officials Believe China Covered Up Severity of Coronavirus Outbreak to Stock Up on Medical Supplies

https://time.com/5831511/us-intel-china-covered-up-coronavirus/

Maybe you care to elaborate on this statement please ?

image.png.7a101127fc6fd307ec019fa916c7ac5c.png

• Confused 1

Just now, Pattaya46 said:

I just find fascinating how far the president/government of a western country can attack so consistently China without showing any proof of what China may have made wrong...

We gonna ignore them silencing and disappearing doctors and journalists, removing documentation from the internet, running a disinformation campaigns on western social media, threatening western nations who call for investigations? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

We gonna ignore them silencing and disappearing doctors //

Never heard about that??

Which doctors "disappeared" by China?

Certainly not Dr Li Wenliang...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Why Me said:

Poompui Pompeo's got this right. Don't matter if you hate Trump or love him, China's got to answer some hard questions. That the virus originated in Wuhan is not in question. Heck, the Chinese scrambled to close Hubei down before people anywhere were even talking pandemic. They knew they had a monster on hand.

What the world needs to know is exactly how the C-19 virus evolved and then infected humans. The clues are in Wuhan, maybe the virology lab, maybe the wet market, maybe both.

We need to get to the bottom of this to prevent Covid-2021.

And WHO needs to be taken apart and put together again. Jeez, they were advising against travel bans, against masks and against calling it a pandemic till national health orgs started pointing and laughing.

China should be writing several blank cheques......

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Never heard about that??

Which doctors "disappeared" by China?

Certainly not Dr Li Wenliang...

Ai Fen is one doctor. She's been recently un-dissapeared after posting a cryptic WeChat message. 

Journalists:

Chen Quishi, Fang Bin and Li Zehuamissing among others. 

They Documented the Coronavirus Crisis in Wuhan. Then They Vanished.

HONG KONG — The beige van squatted outside of a Wuhan hospital, its side and back doors ajar. Fang Bin, a local clothing salesman, peered inside as he walked past. He groaned: “So many dead.”

He counted five, six, seven, eight body bags. “This is too many.”

That moment, in a 40-minute video about the coronavirus outbreak that has devastated China, propelled Mr. Fang to internet fame. Then, less than two weeks later, he disappeared.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/14/business/wuhan-coronavirus-journalists.html

But you guys keep carrying Chinas water. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why are there currently 1.2 million infected people in the USA?

Because the US has more international traffic than probably any other country on Earth. Why do you think there are less infected in China? Because the CCP tells you so?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, toho said:

Okay, black and white.

Where did it start: China, USA, somewhere in between?

Who kept quiet about it for too long: China, USA?

Who silenced medics who sent out warnings: USA, China?

Who refuses to co-operate?

Who is influencing, blackmailing WHO, countries worldwide?

My answers: CHINA.

Same China that now likes to pretend as if they are the benefactors of the world, sending mountcaps (inferior most of the time) to countries who hail China (have to hail, because they are financially depending on imperialistic China).

And yes: Trump, like many other countries took matters serious too late.

After the war Germany did a "Wiedergutmachung" . To whom in China can we send the bill??

West Germany  was  obliterated initially economically and productively. It was  only in recognition of the  fact  East Germany was  being  rebuilt by the  Communist authorities that a ideological change was adopted and  West Germany was massively re established. "  Wiedergutmachung" ? What ideological history   were  you  taught to  believe?

On the  political scene  there  is  no one  country  who exclusively  attempts  to  instill, install, coerce,  bull shift the  underlying aspirations  of  dominant  ideology and the  advantages  of  success in doing so in whatever  means applied  in that.

Edited by Dumbastheycome
Additionals

1 hour ago, Mama Noodle said:

Ai Fen is one doctor. She's been recently un-dissapeared after posting a cryptic WeChat message. 

Journalists:

Chen Quishi, Fang Bin and Li Zehuamissing among others. 

They Documented the Coronavirus Crisis in Wuhan. Then They Vanished.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/14/business/wuhan-coronavirus-journalists.html

But you guys keep carrying Chinas water. 

all those "citizen journalists" (dude with cell phone) and the doctor were picked up after the first of february, after the global emergency had been declared.  i didn't bother to research the full story, as they all occurred after the cat was out of the hotpot.

what difference, at that point, did it make?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

what IS important is that trump and pompeo are claiming "significant" evidence that proves with "high certainty" that the virus escaped from the lab.  they did not say "no evidence," they did not say "no clear evidence," they did not say "some evidence."  "significant" is, well, significant.

Wonderful write up, my compliments,

But, no one claimed they have 'proof'. They said significant evidence it may have come from a lab.

MAY

Holy twoots, even I claim when all available evidence is considered, science and situational, it likely came from the lab. Likely means like maybe 50% chance.  Stronger than 'may'.

In truth, Wuhan was warned how many times? A Beijing lab let the old SARS leak what 3 times, eventually killing someone. But to be fair, it is not all about China, it's about the science of working with the world's most deadly pathogens in labs with people where we know their will be accidents. It a global issue and has been for a while. It's a big issue right now and no one should be hiding information.

BTW, do you know that pangolin's are out, forgiven? Initial reports that its virus was 99% similar were wrong, it's only 90%, much less than Bat Women's Yunnan bat reference. How did that happen? A Chinese researcher had an accident and reported the similarity of only the small spike region. Enthusiastic scientists are seldom careful. 

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am not sure what is more amazing: That American politicians still try to pretend Trump did everything right and everybody else, especially China, is to blame.

Or the Americans who still believe that <deleted>.

But then again, there are also more than 50% of Americans who believe god created the world about 6,000 years ago. Amazing! 

its not the issue whether trump or anyone else did the right thing..... if the ccp had not unleashed the wuhan virus on the world trump would not be under the spotlight!!! lets get real, ccp is the culprit, anything else just is just irrelevant and takes the focus of the real culprits.!!!

• Sad 1