Air Fryer's

How many of you guys use an Air Fryer? if so what make,

Never had one I was wondering how does the food taste?

Her indoors has not ordered anything from Lazada for over a week now, one of them is on it's way

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have a small one with front draw, love it, brand is Smarthome, wife gets her stuff from online through Shoppe, think it cost like 750 baht or around there, we also have same as post #2.

Food tastes good and a great way to eat without oils as it drains all or most of the oils out of what your putting in, she made me ham on bread with egg and tomato in it the other day, real nice.

Recommend either.

• Like 2

I was sorely tempted a few months back, but I was put off by the price. Reading above I may have to reconsider.

What I am considering right now is whether to get a Zwilling 8" chefs knife for 5k baht and a bamboo chopping block for another 1K baht.

• Like 2

I have been looking through this topic about air fryers, I had never heard of them and am very impressed, seems great for frying fish, french fries etc without or with very little oil.

Can anyone recommend one around the 2000Bt range and not Chinese?

• Like 1

I think ours is an Otto? The few times we used it, it worked ok....Round parchment paper works good with it.....

However, we've got a full kitchen from bread machine to waffle iron to a large electric oven to a food processor to a George Foreman grill & an outboard motor sized blender, mixer + others I'm probably overlooking....

The oven, microwave, & bread machine are used the most.....

The 2 least used are the GF grill and the air fryer.....

Now - there's 4 of us so the air fryer is not as big or easy to use as the oven....

Especially with 4 people that actively cook.....

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I have been looking through this topic about air fryers, I had never heard of them and am very impressed, seems great for frying fish, french fries etc without or with very little oil.

Can anyone recommend one around the 2000Bt range and not Chinese?

My wife ordered a Smarthome 3.5 ltr is 1900 Baht from Lazada she says most of her friends have this one seems big enough for the 2 of us, some of her friends have restaurants use them also.

Apparently there is a few FB groups maybe in Thai I looked on YT there is loads of menu's

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sungod said:

Get your spuds, cut the chips nice and thick like the local chippy. Par boil (I wack them in the microwave for 5 minutes in a bowl of water) then put them in the air fryer with a tea spoon of quality oil.

Fish, cover in bread crumbs using egg white, then use a spray bottle to give it a light coat of olive oil (browns and crisps better)

Comes out a good un!

Proper Chips them, my wife never knew how we made chips like that, years ago had to show her pealing the spuds and cut them up she did admit to them tasting better salt and vinegar on them

We have fish a chips regular now using that method, using the deep fry oil method just put me off.

A few door step bread slices and we have.......... well, you know what  I mean ????  by your user name.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Never used an air fryer but we use our little portable "space ship" as the missus calls it... Does the job and cheap enough.

Oven Portable, Oven Portable Suppliers and Manufacturers at ...

Great thing, use ours many times a day, cook everything in it for the past 2 years, never use a normal oven anymore + far far better to warm things than a microwave.. eg: every morning my breakfast is 2 x chicken puffs = crispy cover with warm inside.. even put the toaster in the cupboard 18 months ago as much better and easier to use the pot for toast.. dinner is cooked most days in it.  

Look at a air fryer, appeared small + expensive, maybe OK for chips but don't eat chips, cannot get a chicken or Sunday joint in it, so did not buy

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Susco said:

I think that's an oxymoron, unless you consider a Thai brand

There are no Thai brands of air fryers all from China and even than one have to be very careful of what he she buy as the descriptions of the item most time differ from the item you will get, been burned several times buying from that famous online shopping site...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sungod said:

We have fish a chips regular now using that method, using the deep fry oil method just put me off.

A few door step bread slices and we have.......... well, you know what  I mean ????  by your user name.

Yeah my grandad was a baker 

58 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

My wife ordered a Smarthome 3.5 ltr is 1900 Baht from Lazada she says most of her friends have this one seems big enough for the 2 of us, some of her friends have restaurants use them also.

Apparently there is a few FB groups maybe in Thai I looked on YT there is loads of menu's

Anyone know if Smarthome is Chinese?

I have an Ashton (chinese) air fryer from Lazada. Not expensive. It came with a (weird) chinese 3 prong plug, which needs maneuvering into a standard multi Thai extension plug.  It works a treat with market bought potato chunks - and tofu - smeared with soy sauce - and without ANY oil needed - lovely crisp delicious bites. Highest 200c heat for 25 minutes - add other veggies at around 10 minutes to go. All cook brilliantly.