Air Fryer's

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Go to the first page of this post one of the members tells you exactly how he does proper chips using potatoes good luck 

I do chips from scratch and they come out ok but a bit more work than out of the frozen food section. I par boil them but they still take longer to cook than most things, 15 - 20 mins. Good sized pork steaks are about 10 mins.

I do the chips first and then keep them warm in the halogen as I cook the steak or chicken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

"Air fryer"?

There's no such thing.

Frying is defined as cooking food in oil.

If you cook food with HOT AIR, it's called an "oven".

What you bought was a cheap, plastic oven.

That outgases nasty chemicals in your food every time you use it.

Throw that in the trash where it belongs.

And acknowledge that you got scammed and hoodwinked.

By the way, you can buy a REAL oven for as little as 3000B that's made out of METAL that doesn't outgas nasty chemicals on your food. ????

Take it your having a laugh.

If someone gets "fried" in the sun it is because they have no oil.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Pay a little bit more go for Phillips

Why bother, many brands are manufactured in china these days anyway. There's no need to pay extra just for a brand name. 

• Like 2

On 5/7/2020 at 8:40 AM, Antonymous said:

Used every day in our household. A 'must have' accessory.

Philips brand has the best quality and are usually a bit more expensive but worth it. All the Chinese versions like 'Shanben' are copies of the Philips. Have had two Philips over the years (dropped one so had to replace it). We also tried a Chinese version, but the manufacturing quality and ease of use isn't as good.

Excellent substitute for an oven. They are basically very fast mini-ovens, not 'fryers' as such. You don't require oil or fat to cook meats, veggies, chips etc.

Philips or any brand use the same "technology" it's just a ridiculous oven with a fan to spread the heat, nothing else, less than 1000 otto brand is enough.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, geoff65 said:

Why bother, many brands are manufactured in china these days anyway. There's no need to pay extra just for a brand name. 

You need to be a bit more careful with your comments, you have misquoted me as saying something I didn't.

Have a look at post No 60 again.

• Haha 1

Use ours a lot, along with the Halogen space ship (great for pizzas).  Prefer home made chips but at times will opt for frozen for convenience.  Not really managed to find a brand of frozen I'm that happy with yet, they'll never match home made but some are better than others (used to use McCain Oven Chips in the UK years ago).  Still looking.

On 5/8/2020 at 2:54 PM, sandyf said:

You need to be a bit more careful with your comments, you have misquoted me as saying something I didn't.

Have a look at post No 60 again.

How That become your quote I'm not sure, so yes i was wrong, but no need to cry over it.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, geoff65 said:

How That become your quote I'm not sure, so yes i was wrong, but no need to cry over it.

Apologies if that is how you saw it. it was meant to be a constructive comment, not a criticism, I know it can happen quite easily.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:18 AM, gamesgplayemail said:

Philips or any brand use the same "technology" it's just a ridiculous oven with a fan to spread the heat, nothing else, less than 1000 otto brand is enough.

Do you have actually any idea what you're talking about? Definitely not.

Not only are all Chines brands substandard to Philips, an OTTO air fryer at less than 1000 does not exist, unless you buy second hand.

The cheapest OTTO air fryer on Lazada is 1499 Baht +134 Baht shipping

Edited by Susco
  • Haha 2

On 5/7/2020 at 8:43 AM, colinneil said:

We have a Smarthome air fryer, bought from Lazada, satisfactory, not perfect, but ok.

Next time i will buy a slightly larger 1.

You were lucky to find a seller who wasn't shady! 

Just a joke, don't get all aeriated.

I'm a bit confused, if they don't use oil then how is it frying anything ??

13 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

The chicken wings turn out good New Orleans style

They look great but look the same as when we do them in our "spaceship" cooker

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 6:15 PM, jack7106 said:

The best thing I’ve ever bought in Thailand and it gets used every day. Purchased from Lazada and easy to use????????????No oil required????

88E185B6-243B-4E19-95EC-B5E834AA8D89.jpeg

18FB1BD8-B333-493E-9043-09B01614E4B5.jpeg

2FC0A7AC-0FF2-4356-91B5-F1F825184131.jpeg

Is this the 4.5 litre model?  And what about the quality.   Seems quite a good item, according to all the reviews.   But as they are in Thai, I am somewhat unable to fully understand the reviews.   Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 6:58 PM, Susco said:

Do you have actually any idea what you're talking about? Definitely not.

Not only are all Chines brands substandard to Philips, an OTTO air fryer at less than 1000 does not exist, unless you buy second hand.

The cheapest OTTO air fryer on Lazada is 1499 Baht +134 Baht shipping

it seems that you do not know what you are talking about.

999 thb air fryer is EXACTLY the same as 3000 air fryerm only you don't know.

4 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

it seems that you do not know what you are talking about.

999 thb air fryer is EXACTLY the same as 3000 air fryerm only you don't know.

Thanks for sharing your superior knowledge with us.

I assume you consider a 60K fridge also EXACTLY the same as a 10K one, and a 100K LCD TV also EXACTLY the same as a 8K one

• Haha 1

I bought a Tefal Airfryer when I moved into my serviced apartment in Bangkok two months ago, it seemed like the best way to cook the things I wanted to eat and a good clean compromise between a microwave and an oven. It works really really well and I'm pleased to say it's one of the best purchases I've made since I moved here. When I go home again, at the end of my secondment I will definitely buy one for use at home.

• Like 2

Many thanks.   I was looking at that model.   But I noticed it doesn't not have the removable circular container inside like other models.

I was wondering whether that is a good or bad thing, when it comes to cleaning.

Regards

7 hours ago, Raindancer said:

Many thanks.   I was looking at that model.   But I noticed it doesn't not have the removable circular container inside like other models.

Regards

Bad.....:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Raindancer said:

Regards

Ours is an Otto CO-708 from Makro - the box doesn't state the size - edit - 12 liter....It does allow everything to come out and apart right down to the empty bowl.....It works just fine....

Note - to help with clean up, Lazada sells round parchment paper that is about the same size as the grate/ring inside....It acts like a pan & helps keep the unit cleaner & clean up easier.....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 2

Been considering buying one myself,does anyone have numbers on the power consumption of these units,obviously there's different models with different power outputs,like one of the posters i'd look at the phillips brand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/4/2020 at 9:52 AM, pgrahmm said:

Ours is an Otto CO-708 from Makro - the box doesn't state the size - edit - 12 liter....It does allow everything to come out and apart right down to the empty bowl.....It works just fine....

Note - to help with clean up, Lazada sells round parchment paper that is about the same size as the grate/ring inside....It acts like a pan & helps keep the unit cleaner & clean up easier.....

Many thanks.  I will look at Lazada for this parchment paper.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 10:11 AM, petermik said:

Shanben (MBK) 4.5 litre from Lazada....1490 baht inc. delivery......Shanben supply Phillips 1843023695_Screenshot_2020-06-04SHANBENAirFryer45LShopeeThailand.png.8a7db337ec33f1fcf4a2ed2a1d766064.png

Thank you.   I ordered a digital 5.5 litre Mondial from Lazada and it arrived yesterday.   Firts test and all is well. ????

• Like 1