Air Fryer's

On 6/4/2020 at 8:29 AM, Raindancer said:

Many thanks.   I was looking at that model.   But I noticed it doesn't not have the removable circular container inside like other models.

I was wondering whether that is a good or bad thing, when it comes to cleaning.

Regards

The one we bought only has a removable tray in the bottom which is fine, if needed I have some foil inside to keep it clean

On 6/3/2020 at 7:27 PM, Susco said:

Thanks for sharing your superior knowledge with us.

I assume you consider a 60K fridge also EXACTLY the same as a 10K one, and a 100K LCD TV also EXACTLY the same as a 8K one

of course not, and i do not consider my benz the same as the krap japanese car that you drive !

but air fryer technology is nothing, its an oven with a fan and you won't be able to prove otherwise because you are clearly wrong !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 10:11 AM, petermik said:

Shanben (MBK) 4.5 litre from Lazada....1490 baht inc. delivery......Shanben supply Phillips 1843023695_Screenshot_2020-06-04SHANBENAirFryer45LShopeeThailand.png.8a7db337ec33f1fcf4a2ed2a1d766064.png

Who told you that?

Because the model you ordered is Philiplus, doesn't mean it has anything to do with Philips.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a Tefel Actifry, it has a slow rotating agitator, and only a timer and on/off button. So looks like just a set temperature.

I only use it for chips, they taste all right but look so pale. The rotating agitator is removable. Can the fryer be used without the agitator being fitted? Just reckon if I try say a fish, the agitator will brake up the fish.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Philips air fryer and a convection toaster oven (not a Breville though). I use the airfryer about 10x for every 1 time I use the toaster oven. It heats up faster, cooks faster, and crisps better.

My favorite use is chicken wings - I coat them with a mixture of flour, salt, baking powder and pressure cook for 10 minutes - then air fryer until crispy, comes out better than wings at the pub.

I haven't had great success doing fresh cut fries (or sweet potato fries)... For frozen fries, these are amazing:

• Like 2

On 8/16/2020 at 10:42 AM, Lisawangprung said:

I haven't had great success doing fresh cut fries (or sweet potato fries)... For frozen fries, these are amazing:

Try this method 

Get your spuds, cut the chips nice and thick like the local chippy. Par boil (I wack them in the microwave for 5 minutes in a bowl of water) then put them in the air fryer with a tea spoon of quality oil.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 3:16 PM, Susco said:

Anyone can comment on how frozen French fries end up in an air fryer?

For like 300 gram fries, what size and wattage of fryer would be needed?

Frozen chips come out great I buy the English brand McCains chunky chips

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Will27 said:

For those who are interested, the Philips hd9218 is on sale at Central online

for 3990 Baht.

https://www.central.co.th/th/philips-hd9218-cds23715868

Shanben/Shanbed make the Phillips range.. they also have their identical range at less than half that price on Lazada...check MBK air frier 5 litres @ 1290 incl delivery ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, petermik said:

Shanben/Shanbed make the Phillips range.. they also have their identical range at less than half that price on Lazada...check MBK air frier 5 litres @ 1290 incl delivery ????

Is this the one you're talking about?

It's certainly cheap.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/shanben-5l-air-fryer-airfryer-oven-oilless-cooker-with-hot-air-circulation-tech-for-fast-healthier-food-heat-preservation-function-i386016056-s750194754.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.5b683e46J6LHXj&search=1

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, petermik said:

Thats cheap

8 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Get it bought 990 Baht it's quoting me and 5l I might buy just for the hell of it hahaha

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 8:10 PM, musicscene said:

I have a Magic Airfryer bought from Lazarda a few years ago. It is very good cooks quickly and cleanly without oil. My only criticism is that the container is quite small I would like a bigger one. On investigations I found that the Ninja Airfryer is bigger and is made in the USA. Problem being electric supply difference. That can be overcome by buying from the UK. As soon as this virus problem settles down that’s what I will do 

Yep, you plug a 110v USA model into 220v here and it will cook VERY QUICKLY!   PML

• 2 months later...
On 5/7/2020 at 9:41 AM, sungod said:

Get your spuds, cut the chips nice and thick like the local chippy. Par boil (I wack them in the microwave for 5 minutes in a bowl of water) then put them in the air fryer with a tea spoon of quality oil.

Fish, cover in bread crumbs using egg white, then use a spray bottle to give it a light coat of olive oil (browns and crisps better)

Comes out a good un!

What fish do you buy here to make decent fish and chips?

IMHO there's no substitute for frying in oil. We have an air fryer, some Chinese thing wife bought, and I only use it for heating sausages Works for that.. For proper fries we got a delonghi rotofry which works with lot less oil than usual fryers.

On 5/7/2020 at 4:45 PM, slsmith38 said:

Bought a top of the range latest Tefal model. Stainless steel not plastic so excellent quality and large 4.2 litre capacity. Expensive but worth every penny. It cooks almost everything so easily with capacity for 4 persons so it's worth getting one with good capacity if you have a family. It's more of a multi-cooker than a fryer and requires no oil. Ribs, chops, steaks, pies, etc. all excellent. Best appliance I ever bought for the kitchen. Not sure now how I lived without one.

Which model is that? I am currently  looking at the Tefal Ultimate Fryer Deluxe on Lazada, but it  doesn't look like it has a stainless steel dish / basket.