Do I need to do 90 days report ?

1 minute ago, Enlil said:

Is it online works for Pattaya or its Bangkok only? 

Online 90-day reporting works nation-wide, unless your local IO is one of the odd ones that does not handle on-line 90-day submissions.  Surely it is possible to submit on-line to Jomtien or CW.

• Sad 1

Ok so heres little twist to my extension.

Im not married and got kid, my usual visa was non O multientry, but last year they extended me for 1 year but had to pay extra cuz not married.

Since then I apply to court for parentships rights so I dont have to pay extra and get 1 year extension, but covid happened and court case is moved to 1 june.

My visa finish 2 june, waiting time for court papers is 1 month.

I am under visa automatic amnesty/covid extension right till 30 July.

So wouldnt be wise to take my chances and not extend visa now, go to court on 1 June, then wait for papers and extend before 30 July using auto extension and not have to pay extra for it?

Cuz now its like double I had to pay 20-25k for lawyer doing court thing.

My main question here is am I under auto extension till 30 July ? I take it from there. 

39 minutes ago, Enlil said:

Im not married and got kid, my usual visa was non O multientry, but last year they extended me for 1 year but had to pay extra cuz not married.

Please be a bit more precise about your present Visa/extension situation, so that posters do not have to make guesses but can provide correct response.

Is the following correct?

> You have applied before at a thai consulate abroad for the 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa for reason of a dependant child.

Last year you applied in-country at your local IO for a 1-year extension of that Non Imm O Visa.

Did you also apply for reason of a dependant child?

= = = = =

If you present permission to stay expires after 26 March (probably that's the case as you mention 1 June), that permission to stay is automatically extended till 31 July (and possibly longer if situation has not improved).

However, it is possible that you won't be able to re-extend your present permission to stay for an additional 1-year at your local IO when you do not apply before its expiry (1 June).  But if you foresee to re-apply again at a thai consulate abroad for a new 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa (no financials to be proven), that would not be a problem as you then simply exit Thailand when the borders are open again.  

If you prefer to apply at your local IO before your permission to stay expiry and you need additional time to meet the financial requirements for an in-country 1-year extension, you could also apply for a 60-day extension for reason of visiting your dependant child, and then at the end of that 60-day extension apply for the 1-year extension. 

Yes u got it right. 

So best bet for me is extending it for 60 days, get parentahip documents then extend for 1 year. 

Didn't know you can extend for 60 days. 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Please be a bit more precise about your present Visa/extension situation, so that posters do not have to make guesses but can provide correct response.

Is the following correct?

> You have applied before at a thai consulate abroad for the 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa for reason of a dependant child.

Last year you applied in-country at your local IO for a 1-year extension of that Non Imm O Visa.

Did you also apply for reason of a dependant child?

= = = = =

If you present permission to stay expires after 26 March (probably that's the case as you mention 1 June), that permission to stay is automatically extended till 31 July (and possibly longer if situation has not improved).

However, it is possible that you won't be able to re-extend your present permission to stay for an additional 1-year at your local IO when you do not apply before its expiry (1 June).  But if you foresee to re-apply again at a thai consulate abroad for a new 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa (no financials to be proven), that would not be a problem as you then simply exit Thailand when the borders are open again.  

If you prefer to apply at your local IO before your permission to stay expiry and you need additional time to meet the financial requirements for an in-country 1-year extension, you could also apply for a 60-day extension for reason of visiting your dependant child, and then at the end of that 60-day extension apply for the 1-year extension. 

2 hours ago, Enlil said:

Why did you have to pay extra?

Every extension is 1,900 Baht.

Are you saying that you had to pay a bribe?

So whats would be official requirements for 60 days extension? Not being maried and having kid. As well lawyer got paper from court that all cases moved due covid19. Bank book? Fam pictures inside outside house? Outside school? 

Come together for extension with fam? 

Guess i find download form on thaivisa 

Edited by Enlil

2 minutes ago, Enlil said:

So whats would be official requirements for 60 days extension? Not being maried and having kid. As well lawyer got paper from court that all cases moved due covid19. Bank book? Fam pictures inside outside house? Outside school? 

@ubonjoe will be able to provide the exact requirements for a 60-day extension for reason of dependant child.

9 minutes ago, Enlil said:

For the 60 day extension to visit your Thai child you will need your their birth certificate plus a copy of it and a copy of their house book registry. Your child will need to be with you when you apply.

No financial proof or photos and etc are needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

For the 60 day extension to visit your Thai child you will need your their birth certificate plus a copy of it and a copy of their house book registry. Your child will need to be with you when you apply.

Thanks a lot. 

To make sure before 60 days I can extend again for a year if all papers intact correct? 

On 5/8/2020 at 1:28 PM, Peter Denis said:

If you did not get an e-mail from your local IO, you need to check the status yourself.
You can go there directly >
https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

A window opens with a blue (notify), green (check) and orange (cancel) option

Click the green option (check the status of your application)

A new window opens, where you can either fill-in

- the reference number OR

- your passport information

Having filled in the information, your full data appear at the bottom of the screen

It can say Pending or Approved.

When approved > click the small icon at the end of the row, which will allow you to print or save a scan of the Approval Notification (with next due date) which you are supposed to keep in/with your passport.

You are right in everything you say except for the next due date. It is not there. That is why I asked my original question.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 3:03 PM, ubonjoe said:

Just back from immigration Jomtien. They refused to extend for 60 day citing amnesty till 31 July. 

Then she was saying to her co worker that U cant extend 60 days after u had 1 year extension. U visited ur family already. Thats what my gf told me she translated thier talks. 

She said get court baby papers and come back before 31 July. 

Whats ur take in it? 

7 minutes ago, Enlil said:

Just back from immigration Jomtien. They refused to extend for 60 day citing amnesty till 31 July. 

That sounds like an excuse for not wanting to do the extension.

I would be worried they might tell you go out for a new-o visa as another excuse not to the one year extension. They then could say the amnesty is not a real extension of your 90 day entry from a non-o visa.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That sounds like an excuse for not wanting to do the extension.

I would be worried they might tell you go out for a new-o visa as another excuse not to the one year extension. They then could say the amnesty is not a real extension of your 90 day entry from a non-o visa.

Yeh I asked few times. And on way out by desk. They said same thing. Amnesty no extensions now. 

36 minutes ago, Enlil said:

Then she was saying to her co worker that U cant extend 60 days after u had 1 year extension. You visited your family already. That's what my gf told me she translated their talks.

She said get court baby papers and come back before 31 July.

Whats ur take in it?

Maybe IO was trying to be helpful, because a 60-day extension would be approx till same date as the automatic extension till 31 July you have now.

However, the point for you applying for the 60-day extension was to ensure that you could apply at the end of it for the 1-year extension of stay for reason of dependant child.

Without the 60-day extension it is possible - like UJ suggests - that they might refuse you the 1-year extension end of July because your extension of stay expired, forcing you to leave the country and apply for a new Non Imm O Visa from scratch.

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Maybe IO was trying to be helpful, because a 60-day extension would be approx till same date as the automatic extension till 31 July you have now.

However, the point for you applying for the 60-day extension was to ensure that you could apply at the end of it for the 1-year extension of stay for reason of dependant child.

Without the 60-day extension it is possible - like UJ suggests - that they might refuse you the 1-year extension end of July because your extension of stay expired, forcing you to leave the country and apply for a new Non Imm O Visa from scratch.

I was making this point there and she was saying come back before 31 july. As well she said extension would be same till 31 july so no matter. Hope it be okay. They gave number like 117 or something but no one answers, could ask there. 

6 minutes ago, Enlil said:

I was making this point there and she was saying come back before 31 july. As well she said extension would be same till 31 july so no matter. Hope it be okay. They gave number like 117 or something but no one answers, could ask there. 

Yes, so it looks they were really doing you a favor by not letting you pay 1.900 THB for the 60-day extension, which would give you till almost same date as the automatic 31 July amnesty you have now.

But indeed whether it was a real favor or a 'poisoned' one, will only become clear when end of July they accept your 1-year extension of stay application for reason of dependant child.

Did you note the name of the friendly officer that interacted with you?  I would for sure ask for her again when doing your 1-year extension application end of July.

Edited by Peter Denis

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, so it looks they were really doing you a favor by not letting you pay 1.900 THB for the 60-day extension, which would give you till almost same date as the automatic 31 July amnesty you have now.

But indeed whether it was a real favor or a 'poisoned' one, will only become clear when end of July they accept your 1-year extension of stay application for reason of dependant child.

Did you note the name of the friendly officer that interacted with you?  I would for sure ask for her again when doing your 1-year extension application end of July.

Its always the same woman so cant miss her. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Enlil said:

Btw. It looks like they dont do extensions at all. Just point finger on a poster that says auto extended till 31 July

Lots of 1 year extensions reported as being processed as normal at JT during the amnesty period.

5 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Lots of 1 year extensions reported as being processed as normal at JT during the amnesty period.

Hi Tanoshi,

You are correct but poster does not meet the requirements for his 1-year extension YET but normally will be in compliance by end of July.  Hence he wanted to apply for a 60-day extension, to ensure his application for the 1-year extension would not be turned down for having let his permission to stay expiry date slip.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Meggie Mae said:

My husband (on an O-A) just went to Immigration in Chiang Mai, which has a drive-thru service (he was on his motorbike). Only took a couple of minutes.

Fantastic, but he didn't have to do it.

Maybe he just fancied a ride out on his motorbike to get some fresh air.

Can't blame him for that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi Tanoshi,

You are correct but poster does not meet the requirements for his 1-year extension YET but normally will be in compliance by end of July.  Hence he wanted to apply for a 60-day extension, to ensure his application for the 1-year extension would not be turned down for having let his permission to stay expiry date slip.

Exactly that. So now will wait for a court case which is like 2 june, then I have to wait month to get papers from court, and go to local amphur then week waiting after that and got parental rights sorted, then before 31 July will go to Jomtien for a year extension, and take it from there. Ether they will extend then all good, or tell to get new visa which I will argue thats not what I was told when I wanted to extend it before it expired. 

Leaving now is like no way back, I mean it will be, cuz they already talk about vaccine doctor cert from last 72h Insurance 100k$..... So dont want to explore that option for sure, will have to look in to other...

Will update here in future how it went.... For now im okay till end July.

Thanks for help

Since the OP is about 90 day reports. Just my experience. Applied online yesterday using web-site not App since I didn't fancy being part of a mad scramble on 31 July if possible.. Approved today until 23rd August. So someone is still processing them(online TM 47). I am based Phetchabun.

52 minutes ago, thetefldon said:

Since the OP is about 90 day reports. Just my experience. Applied online yesterday using web-site not App since I didn't fancy being part of a mad scramble on 31 July if possible.. Approved today until 23rd August. So someone is still processing them(online TM 47). I am based Phetchabun.

nah 90 days u dont have to do it now, and I tried just for the heck of it and it didnt went through for me, was too late or something. 

90 days report is not the same as visa extension, its just the record of ur name and adress, propabelly automated, just adds u to database.

ps.

There is no limit on how many times u can extend NON-O as long as u meet criteria right ?

35 minutes ago, Enlil said:

nah 90 days u dont have to do it now, and I tried just for the heck of it and it didnt went through for me, was too late or something. 

90 days report is not the same as visa extension, its just the record of ur name and adress, propabelly automated, just adds u to database.

ps.

There is no limit on how many times u can extend NON-O as long as u meet criteria right ?

Not sure if you are replying to me. I just posted that I completed my 90 day online as the OP was querying 90 day reports. I know you don't have to do one.  But having been here a while I tend to apply both belt and braces.

Re your PS. No limit regarding extensions providing you meet criteria and don't break the cycle e.g leave country without a re-entry cert. I'm personally on my 9th yearly retirement extension to my original O visa.