Aliexpress

lujanit

I have ordered a number of articles on Aliexpress.  Everything I have ordered tracking shows departed country of origin within a few days.  Nothing delivered even though most things ordered six plus weeks ago.

I have had three emails from various vendors yesterday extending purchase protection because, I guess, they don’t believe final delivery can happen within the sixty day guarantee.  I have had the purchase price on another two articles refunded due to non delivery.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Stopped using that platform when they bought Lazada as delivery is much more reliable on Lazada.  At first there were major price issues (Lazada being more expensive) but as people became aware that seems to have been resolved (although you always have to pay attention).  So no recent experience with Aliexpress but even before Covid-19 there were often long delays.

8 minutes ago, lujanit said:

Thanks Lopburi.  I usually check Lazada first, unfortunately they don't have a lot of things I want.  So it is then to Aliexpress to order what I need.

You will just have to be patient ,delays are to be expected,

until the new normal returns???? , I am also waiting for deliveries

from Aliexpress,and yes it's taking longer than normal,expect it

will be lack of flights from China.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lujanit said:

Thanks Lopburi.  I usually check Lazada first, unfortunately they don't have a lot of things I want.  So it is then to Aliexpress to order what I need.

Highly recommend Shopee also - find things there that are not on Lazada (even from same company that is) and often cheaper.  Google translate works well.

I won't touch Ali Express for ANYTHING where I can't afford to just write the cost off, or where the cost is low AND there's nothing to go or be wrong about the product as their buyer protection isn't worth the paper it's not written on.  Even then, AE would be an absolute last resort.  Had a seller place a blatantly false and misleading description and spec for a charger (which the seller changed on his store after I complained about it) and their protection amounted to get a partial refund or send it back at my expense for an exchange.  Their help desk people are a complete and utter waste of space too, absolutely no authority to do or resolve ANYTHING, their sole job seems to be fobbing people off with CS pleasantries while doing nothing, hoping for you to lose interest.  The best I ever got out of them was 'We'll message the seller' (and that ended up being "our customer is trying to contact you") and even that was only after jumping through a gazillion hoops with screenshots and lord knows what else. Now I only buy from Lazada and ONLY with COD.  AE, the absolute pits and typically (unsurprisingly) Chinese!! 

No problems, I ordered several things on Aliexpress, and everything arrived in about 10 days.

• Delivery

2020-04-29 11:59:00 

•  

Arrival at Delivery Office

2020-04-29 07:28:00 

•  

Released from Customs

2020-04-28 14:11:00 

•  

Arrival at Sorting Center

2020-04-28 09:01:00 

•  

Despatch from Sorting Center

2020-04-19 23:41:40 

•  

Arrival at Sorting Center

2020-04-19 18:00:15 

•  

Despatch from Sorting Center

2020-04-19 15:23:40 

•  

Posting

2020-04-19 12:54:00 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SooKee said:

AE, the absolute pits and typically (unsurprisingly) Chinese!! 

Never had an issue dealing with them in over a decade. The 3 times I had an issue with a product reimbursed twice with no hassles and a replacement product for the other. 

• Like 2

I think the virus has a bit to do with late deliveries. I ordered from Ali express and the goods took 2 months to deliver from China. Last year a friend of mine ordered the same item and he recieved it within a week. Have had no problem with Ali Express and have found them to be usually cheaper than Lazada or Shopee.

13 minutes ago, thaiwally said:

I think the virus has a bit to do with late deliveries. I ordered from Ali express and the goods took 2 months to deliver from China. Last year a friend of mine ordered the same item and he recieved it within a week. Have had no problem with Ali Express and have found them to be usually cheaper than Lazada or Shopee.

I often had items take more than a month to arrive using them years before COVID - never any such issue, even now, using Lazada or Shopee.  

I am still waiting on about 3 items to come from China via Lazada (same company). No updates, no messages and no response to emails. Luckily, I chose pay on delivery, otherwise I would be out several hundred baht.

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

I won't touch Ali Express for ANYTHING where I can't afford to just write the cost off, or where the cost is low AND there's nothing to go or be wrong about the product as their buyer protection isn't worth the paper it's not written on.  Even then, AE would be an absolute last resort.  Had a seller place a blatantly false and misleading description and spec for a charger (which the seller changed on his store after I complained about it) and their protection amounted to get a partial refund or send it back at my expense for an exchange.  Their help desk people are a complete and utter waste of space too, absolutely no authority to do or resolve ANYTHING, their sole job seems to be fobbing people off with CS pleasantries while doing nothing, hoping for you to lose interest.  The best I ever got out of them was 'We'll message the seller' (and that ended up being "our customer is trying to contact you") and even that was only after jumping through a gazillion hoops with screenshots and lord knows what else. Now I only buy from Lazada and ONLY with COD.  AE, the absolute pits and typically (unsurprisingly) Chinese!! 

In the last few months, I have been disappointed with 3 items ordered from China. One was completely the wrong item (obviously a cheaper item sent), one was a pair of cone spanners where they only sent one, very annoying, and the other was where I ordered a pack of ten of something only to receive one single item (some special size bolts that I can't get around here). And complaining doesn't seem to work.

I have had those messages about extending, I have also had messages saying the items are here, which they aren't.

Happened the other day, I just waited and a few days later the goods showed up - its just the state of the world at the moment. I think even if you get the arrived message, and you haven't recieved it, you can still make a claim.

On the whole I find the sellers OK, I had one bad apple who sent me a similar item which almost did the same thing, and argued (and won) that it did what it said on the tin.

Delays - I think it the state of the world at the moment, but for sure some of the sellers are exploiting the shipping situation.

Some things on Aliexpress seem to get sent direct and normally arrive in reasonable time.

But a lot of things seem to get sent through Singapore Post, and delivery can take forever. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I suspect they consolidate a huge shipment in China then ship it to Singapore -- by sea for all I know -- where it's broken apart and sent out through the mail. Presumably Aliexpress has some very special deal with Singapore Post that makes this cheap as chips.

• Haha 2

On 5/7/2020 at 12:15 PM, uncleP said:

Aliexpress, lazada, & shopee are all part of the Alibaba group and in my experience  do not give a damn about customers.

Shopee is not part of the Alibaba Group.  I've bought from all three, many times, and have experienced no customer service problems whatsoever.

On 5/7/2020 at 1:33 PM, SteveK said:

I am still waiting on about 3 items to come from China via Lazada (same company). No updates, no messages and no response to emails.

Why don't you call them and ask them for some information, 02 018 0000.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

• 5 months later...

Never had issues with Ali Express. Refunds had been prompt and re-shipments were done when I did not receive an item. Things have been fine.

But, recently I have received this message from 3 sellers.

Dear buyer, we found that this batch of products has serious problems when we shipped. We are working with the supplier to solve the problem. In order to protect your interests, we suggest you cancel the order first.Please choose the reason "I do not want it" or "Other reason"or”The order processing time is too long”, thank you in advance. And then we will refund for you.Have a good day.

All 3 had been for electrical/electronic items.

Full refunds were done.

I wonder why?

2 minutes ago, ravip said:

serious problems

That is likely true - either used/seconds/fake items that the middle seller may not have been aware of and wants to keep his record clean rather than have persons ordering make claims.

• Like 1

AliExpress have always been a bit hit and miss with deliveries IMO, first item I ever ordered took 6 months !! ( got a refund after 2 ) but now they can take 1 week or 2 months.

Wish is another site I use , similar to AE in that sell cheap tat from China, their deliveries can be hit and miss too. Things seemed to go awry in mid August and am currently awaiting 4 deliveries that all say “ failed delivery “. Will get a refund when they hit 2 months, same as the last 3 items !!

So, it’s back to the old favourite Lazada who have never let me down.

Would like to use Shopee but the language barrier puts me off a bit, how do others get round this ?

43 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

AliExpress have always been a bit hit and miss with deliveries IMO, first item I ever ordered took 6 months !! ( got a refund after 2 ) but now they can take 1 week or 2 months.

Wish is another site I use , similar to AE in that sell cheap tat from China, their deliveries can be hit and miss too. Things seemed to go awry in mid August and am currently awaiting 4 deliveries that all say “ failed delivery “. Will get a refund when they hit 2 months, same as the last 3 items !!

So, it’s back to the old favourite Lazada who have never let me down.

Would like to use Shopee but the language barrier puts me off a bit, how do others get round this ?

Let Google translate using Chrome.  Works fine.  During sign-up you might have to click on Thai to get it into English several times but once that done very easy click at top portion of first page and everything stays in English.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ravip said:

Never had issues with Ali Express. Refunds had been prompt and re-shipments were done when I did not receive an item. Things have been fine.

But, recently I have received this message from 3 sellers.

Dear buyer, we found that this batch of products has serious problems when we shipped. We are working with the supplier to solve the problem. In order to protect your interests, we suggest you cancel the order first.Please choose the reason "I do not want it" or "Other reason"or”The order processing time is too long”, thank you in advance. And then we will refund for you.Have a good day.

All 3 had been for electrical/electronic items.

Full refunds were done.

I wonder why?

I wondered when they would start cancelling orders, if so many don't arrive and buyer gets a refund, the seller loses money. 

I'm not using Aliexpress for a few months, 50/50 at best the purchase will be delivered and then you have to wait 3 months for a refund

... and how do these mail order systems handle equipment with Li-ion batteries built-in?

Rechargeable battery banks, Flash lights, Portable radios etc.?

What about the restrictions regarding air transportation of Li-Ion batteries?