Malls and department stores set to open on May 17th, suggests insider

webfact

36 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

Well there is 3 new cases today, only 1 of which was in country the other 2 were from guys in quarantine on reentry of the country. So 68 million people have to be treated like children and told every move to make? So what happens when regular flu season happens in a few months?

Makes no sense? 

With everyone wearing masks and using hand sanitizer I believe the numbers for that will be very light.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tribalfusion001 said:

With a two hour time limit and after two hours the tannoy calls your name to stop shopping, exit the mall or be fined 2000 baht...

Just like being on the rink roller skating with a blue band when the time was up for the blue band you exited or risked being blacklisted from skating again....oops I just dated myself probably.....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Would this then be Phase 2 of soft openings and another test to see if we can behave ourselves when shopping in a bigger setting.  The Pharmacy I use only allows a person to enter when the Pharmacist has finished with their last customer, and there is social distancing tape placed on the sidewalk in front and a barrier limiting your distance to the counter and the pharmacist.  Payment is put into a container to your left and then the pharmacist pulls the container in, puts your order on the container tray with your change.  Lets see if this is the model for a mall....

Does the pharmacist wash his/her hands after handling your money and the going on to the next customer? If not, the dreaded lurgy is possibly being spread far and wide.

• Haha 1

The mall here never actually closed but whenever we go to the mall we’re shuttled in the back way and they’re keeping the crowds reduced and not everything is open but we’ve bought two big expensive things at the mall in the last 6 weeks. It’s basically more like when is everything going to be 100% open again but the malls are open now. 

33 minutes ago, Nicks3 said:

The mall here never actually closed but whenever we go to the mall we’re shuttled in the back way and they’re keeping the crowds reduced and not everything is open but we’ve bought two big expensive things at the mall in the last 6 weeks. It’s basically more like when is everything going to be 100% open again but the malls are open now. 

Not sure what Mall your going to, but all the malls in Bangkok are shutdown.  Went to Central Lad Prao today as my daughter gets her hair cut in a shop next door.  Shuttered except a downstairs entrance to get to the food court, and locked off for going anywhere else.  Then went to shop at Tops in the Central Mall at Rama 9 MRT exit  No entrance to the food court from the MRT exit.  Instead you exit MRT, go up the stairs into the mall, no shops except food ones are opened, and follow markings, walking past all the food desks for ordering from about 2 dozen or so restaurants, then down only one working escalator to get into the downstairs food court and where Tops is located.  So in just one day I visited two malls and they are closed, not opened, well the food areas are accessible, so to someone that might mean the mall is open.  The mall at Silom where the other Tops is located is also shut except for the food court area, and access to the pharmacies such as Boots, Watsons, and The Lab.....

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 2

I don't care for malls, but if it gets the Bangkok DIY places open again I'm happy.

Madam has an increasing list of "little jobs" all of which need that little thingy from HomePro or MegaHome.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I don't care for malls, but if it gets the Bangkok DIY places open again I'm happy.

Madam has an increasing list of "little jobs" all of which need that little thingy from HomePro or MegaHome.

I was in HomePro this morning, living up in the boonies does have its good points...????‍♂️..????

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not sure what Mall your going to, but all the malls in Bangkok are shutdown.  Went to Central Lad Prao today as my daughter gets her hair cut in a shop next door.  Shuttered except a downstairs entrance to get to the food court, and locked off for going anywhere else.  Then went to shop at Tops in the Central Mall at Rama 9 MRT exit  No entrance to the food court from the MRT exit.  Instead you exit MRT, go up the stairs into the mall, and follow markings, walking past all the food desks for ordering from about 2 dozen or so restaurants, then down only one working escalator to get into the downstairs food court and where Tops is located.  So in just one day I visited two malls and they are closed, not opened.  The mall at Silom where the other Tops is located is also shut except for the food court area.....

Same here at Futurepark

3 hours ago, Gotalaugh said:

More like useful in preventing the spread like hasn't happened in many western countries. The results speak for themselves. It's got nothing to do with your nationality, just plain common sense precautions.

OMG give me a break. Thais and common sense is one thing, but the results speak for themselves?  You really believe those numbers were recorded even half as correctly like in the U.K. or US, Italy etc? Yes now like in China the numbers are low but they are way ahead of the curve of the virus spreading. In the early days just like in Wuhan China, the Thai government cooked the books for obvious reasons...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$€€€€€€€€€££££££££££££££. I have been in the U.K. since just before the lockdown, people (Brits) are very compliant. I live in central Bristol and it’s been a ghost city for months. Even Greggs has been shut down! Now tell me the UK hasn’t taken this virus seriously!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not sure what Mall your going to, but all the malls in Bangkok are shutdown.  Went to Central Lad Prao today as my daughter gets her hair cut in a shop next door.  Shuttered except a downstairs entrance to get to the food court, and locked off for going anywhere else.  Then went to shop at Tops in the Central Mall at Rama 9 MRT exit  No entrance to the food court from the MRT exit.  Instead you exit MRT, go up the stairs into the mall, no shops except food ones are opened, and follow markings, walking past all the food desks for ordering from about 2 dozen or so restaurants, then down only one working escalator to get into the downstairs food court and where Tops is located.  So in just one day I visited two malls and they are closed, not opened, well the food areas are accessible, so to someone that might mean the mall is open.  The mall at Silom where the other Tops is located is also shut except for the food court area, and access to the pharmacies such as Boots, Watsons, and The Lab.....

In fact they opened up most stores here today the few that actually did close. 

• Like 1

Makes 0 sense, if it’s equally ridiculous like the actual social distancing when dining out. Felt like back to school, when I went to eat pizza yesterday with my gf. Well it’s BKK and I know out of the captial most places don’t care. But 1 Person per table kills the whole atmosphere. Told the owner (and we usually went there every 2 weeks), that we won’t return until we get a normal dining experience. (And guess most think the same , as during our 45min stay just 1other table was occupied)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

I guess the provincial governors and or mayors have more power than this Government believes they have....lol

I think you’re just getting bad information. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicks3 said:

I think you’re just getting bad information. 

If the Government has shut down access to Malls and such, then unless you have a rouge governor, or someone's on the take, the malls should be closed everywhere....just my 2 cents.  So tell me how your malls and stores can be opened when only a few places have been allowed to open.  I realize that Bangkok has been pretty strict but I believed Prayut and companies directives were for all of Thailand.....maybe I am just foolish in thinking like this.

• Haha 1