Sattahip: Police bust illegal party at rented house

webfact

Sattahip: Police bust illegal party at rented house

5pm1.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

The Sattahip district chief and Na Jomtien police raided a party at a rented house after a complaint about noise filed by a neighbor.

Pareuhat, 37, said he had rented the property for a couple of days and thought it was alright to have a party in Chonburi.

Naew Na reported that when the authorities arrived everyone was upstairs in bed. Nine people were woken up and tested for drugs - two were positive.

5pm2.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Four bottles of spirits, mixers and food was found on a table and the fridge was full.of alcohol.

The owner called Piyanuch Ignatov, 35, arrived and she was charged with illegally operating a hotel and contravening the coronavirus regulations. 

Naew Na did not make it clear what the party goers were charged with, if anything.

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-07

• Haha 1

But, but,

i read on Thaivisa many poster again and again say they only stop foreigner party???? Poster imagination.

Now, we have problem with corona. Thailand very successful control it. 99% people behave. I happy the police do this. Everyone know about the rule. Selfish people.

We can have big party together when corona finished. 

Edited by Yinn
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What a sad state of affairs, when the police have nothing better to do with their time.????

Will be more sad if 30,000 people die already.

3 minutes ago, Yinn said:

But, but,

i read on Thaivisa many poster again and again say they only stop foreigner party???? Poster imagination.

Now, we have problem with corona. Thailand very successful control it. 99% people behave. I happy the police do this. Everyone know about the rule. Selfish people.

Replace with HIDE

Edited by HashBrownHarry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

What a sad state of affairs, when the police have nothing better to do with their time.????

They have lots better to do like stopping red light runners.  They don't do it because breaking & entering, stealing, bullying and extorting, pays better.  They've even started a taxi business for 80 year old Frenchmen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, fantom said:

Thankyou Britman and Chip butty,..... spot on.

Perhaps the disturbed neighbour's input may have been useful rather than people who were not there. 

They police were responding to a noise complaint, it would have been asinine to simply go away as it was quiet when they arrived, they are obliged to investigate. (The security probably warned them). Drugs had been present. A large number of people had been congregating at a time when this is not permitted. Don't expect the same rights you may have in your own country. 

If you are going to have a noisy party, invite all your neighbours.

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

But, but,

Corona is finished in Thailand. Apart from Yala and Bang Tao in Phuket (we all know who causes that) there have been no new cases caused by internal (to Thailand) infections for several days now. In Pattaya, almost a month since the last infection and zero patients in hospital. If no one has Covid-19 how can anyone catch it, restrictions or no restrictions? All Thailand has to do is keep it's borders strictly controlled (which they have done well with, thus far) and there will be no further infections, no second wave. The restrictions have now become pointless. Its now becoming clearer that it's all about the government flexing its power over the Thai population. Nothing to do with Covid-19 now.

28 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Corona is finished in Thailand. Apart from Yala and Bang Tao in Phuket (we all know who causes that) there have been no new cases caused by internal (to Thailand) infections for several days now. In Pattaya, almost a month since the last infection and zero patients in hospital. If no one has Covid-19 how can anyone catch it, restrictions or no restrictions? All Thailand has to do is keep it's borders strictly controlled (which they have done well with, thus far) and there will be no further infections, no second wave. The restrictions have now become pointless. Its now becoming clearer that it's all about the government flexing its power over the Thai population. Nothing to do with Covid-19 now.

I think one has to err on the side of caution. Once these restrictions are removed, re-imposing them will be difficult and a serious loss of face. 

It is not finished until all the numbers are zero, new infections for a time and currently infected. There was one new infection recently of a Thai flying in from Russia, but I could not learn what happened to all the other passengers on the aircraft. So Pattaya discharges it's last patient, but opens the roads to outsiders, a risk.

They cannot keep people from crossing land borders, and I see aircraft fly in from HKG, China, Middle East and other places, so how well controlled is it?

Yes it is looking pretty good about now, but I don't yet see restrictions as pointless. 

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

So the police can force their way into a private house where everyone is asleep, and force everyone to take drug tests and search the place .... because of a random phone call?

Even though it was totally quiet when they arrived, and with no evidence of any kind to justify a forced entry.

Police state.

Guy renting the house made a mistake, should have said, "There was a bit of noise from the house next door earlier, but all quiet here".

Headline is in error, should read ....... "Police break into a house of sleeping Thais"

Crazy so if they break in there trespassing and could be met with deadly force right? I know a few guys here and you definitely don't want to be breaking into there house when there asleep????????

1 hour ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Just starvation if the borders are not opened..I find it hard to believe but an article yesterday in Thai Business News stated 27 milion Thai adults rely on tourism and hospitality for work...that's two thirds of the workforce!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baansgr said:

Just starvation if the borders are not opened..I find it hard to believe but an article yesterday in Thai Business News stated 27 milion Thai adults rely on tourism and hospitality for work...that's two thirds of the workforce!!!

I don't think that's "directly" on tourism. Probably more of the "trickle down" effect. 

You stay in a hotel and eat in a restaurant and drink in a bar or go to an attraction (like Nong Nooch). In each of those places, the owners make money and the staff make money. They then go spend that at other places (beauty salons, gold shops, karoake bars, food shops, etc). It's money they wouldn't have had without the tourism.

Then the owners of those other businesses make money as does their staff. A large amount of which they wouldn't have made without the tourism.

Tourism only accounts for slightly less than 20% of Thailand's GDP (predicted to go up to 30% by 2030 though). That would include domestic as well as foreign tourism.

"When including indirect travel and tourism receipts, the 2014 total is estimated to be the equivalent of 19.3% (2.3 trillion baht) of Thailand's GDP."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand

I doubt 2/3's of Thailand's workforce would be directly linked to tourism when that only accounts for a fifth of the total GDP.

In fact, according to Statista, last year (2019) up to 46% of Thailand's workforce was employed in the "Services" industry (hotels, shops, restaurants, laundries, salons, 7-11s, etc).
Just over 23% were in "Industry" (factory workers, construction workers, etc) and just over 30% are in "Agriculture" (rice, chicken, pork, durian, etc.)
https://www.statista.com/statistics/332341/employment-by-economic-sector-in-thailand/

So "Service Industries" are the largest individual sector, but no where near 2/3rds of the workforce. And again, this would include domestic tourism.

3 hours ago, Kerryd said:

I don't think that's "directly" on tourism. Probably more of the "trickle down" effect. 

You stay in a hotel and eat in a restaurant and drink in a bar or go to an attraction (like Nong Nooch). In each of those places, the owners make money and the staff make money. They then go spend that at other places (beauty salons, gold shops, karoake bars, food shops, etc). It's money they wouldn't have had without the tourism.

Then the owners of those other businesses make money as does their staff. A large amount of which they wouldn't have made without the tourism.

Tourism only accounts for slightly less than 20% of Thailand's GDP (predicted to go up to 30% by 2030 though). That would include domestic as well as foreign tourism.

"When including indirect travel and tourism receipts, the 2014 total is estimated to be the equivalent of 19.3% (2.3 trillion baht) of Thailand's GDP."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand

I doubt 2/3's of Thailand's workforce would be directly linked to tourism when that only accounts for a fifth of the total GDP.

In fact, according to Statista, last year (2019) up to 46% of Thailand's workforce was employed in the "Services" industry (hotels, shops, restaurants, laundries, salons, 7-11s, etc).
Just over 23% were in "Industry" (factory workers, construction workers, etc) and just over 30% are in "Agriculture" (rice, chicken, pork, durian, etc.)
https://www.statista.com/statistics/332341/employment-by-economic-sector-in-thailand/

So "Service Industries" are the largest individual sector, but no where near 2/3rds of the workforce. And again, this would include domestic tourism.

Yes I doubted the figures from the article. The 20,% GDP is probably a fair bit higher. Let's not forget there are well over 1 million hookers, freelancers and massage sweeties that certainly get paid a lot more than the average worker by clients, short timers and sponsers that won't be included in any government figures. Which most gets  sent back to the boonies supporting poverty in Issan

6 hours ago, Yinn said:

Now, we have problem with corona. Thailand very successful control it. 99% people behave.

Is  it  comedy  hour?

A  problem with corona, no not really, 54  deaths that's  less than one days worth of roadkill here, that's where the real problem is that and  also air  pollution caused by those behaving people burning stuff, as for successful that's more down to good  luck than anything else, certainly not govt control of the people, they can't stop the burning or the road  kill but by golly  they they saved us from corona????

4 hours ago, bodga said:

Is  it  comedy  hour?

A  problem with corona, no not really, 54  deaths that's  less than one days worth of roadkill here, that's where the real problem is that and  also air  pollution caused by those behaving people burning stuff, as for successful that's more down to good  luck than anything else, certainly not govt control of the people, they can't stop the burning or the road  kill but by golly  they they saved us from corona????

The air is pure in Ranong. How much you have?

And zero Covid. And you?

And zero road death today.

Very happy life in Paradise. 

AF585593-AE08-4E70-91A2-570063B23B93.png

808AB204-A034-4329-AB35-EC090F2F2512.jpeg

Edited by Yinn