Koh Chang remains shut to new tourists - strict measures for locals using the ferry

webfact

Koh Chang remains shut to new tourists - strict measures for locals using the ferry

6pm1.jpg
Picture: Manager

Manager reported that Koh Chang and Koh Kut in Trat province in Thailand's east remain shut to new tourist arrivals. 

Earlier reports suggested many tourists had headed there to ride out the coronavirus pandemic.

Ferry terminal owner Phisut Rattanawong said he was running less ferries and staff were practicing social distancing measures for the locals crossing back and forth.

6pm2.jpg
Picture: Manager

When on the island of Koh Chang at Ao Thammachat they were met by local officials doing health screening and history checks.

But there were no new tourists allowed to cross over.

Source: Manager

On 5/7/2020 at 8:34 PM, John435 said:

So I’ve got until 21 May to cancel my agoda booking. Will I be able to drive there on 31 May? I absolutely love Koh Chang. Surely no covid19 underwater?

I am in Koh Chang now. I arrived just before they stopped tourists coming into the province and onto the Island. There are no hospitalised Covid cases here.

They have lifted the check points which were ON the island. They are selling booze again. Some restaurants are still in business. Some hotels are still in business, as you know.

No one knows if you will be able to get onto the island on the dates you mention. You will have to watch the news day by day.

• Like 1