BANGKOK
OzMan

Rude Western cyclists

A troll post has been removed.

49 minutes ago, OzMan said:

Western cyclists will not even get to one side but cycle past me at speed looking straight ahead,

Same same Thais in a main road as well.

• Like 1

Cyclists are generally polite in Thailand. Maybe those farang cyclists are focused on a PR on Strava so no time to say thanks.

The other thing is when you are totally knackered riding, politeness goes out the window

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Cyclists are generally polite in Thailand. Maybe those farang cyclists are focused on a PR on Strava so no time to say thanks.

The other thing is when you are totally knackered riding, politeness goes out the window

You're on your way home, and you've been out in the sun all day, and there's Tigers calling you from the pub 5 km ahead, and you come across a bloke coming the other way, and one of us is going to have to stop, but I hope it won't be me... Let's coast and see what happens... 

THANKS, mate, a silent prayer is all I can manage.  4.9 km to the pub...

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

That's a bit rude, isn't it?

He is the epitome of which he complains.

I sometimes drive my car, and I occasionally get irated by other drivers who in my opinion are behaving badly.  I sometimes think "I'm not going to put up with that" and respond in kind, with less courtesy than usual.  If I did not have both hands on the wheel I would then slap myself
"I are allowing his bad driving to make my driving worse; is my bad driving going to improve hs bad driving, or make his even worse still? Why not try and see if good driving on my part will improve his?"

There is no excuse for bad driving, least of all other people's ignorance or stupidity.

SC

• Like 1