Phuket beaches remain closed: confirmed

snoop1130

Phuket beaches remain closed: confirmed

By The Phuket News

1588851022_1.jpg

Patong Beach remains pristine, and empty. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET:-- All Phuket beaches remain closed to any visitors, Bussaya Chaipeum, Chief of the Phuket office of the Provincial Public Relations (PR Phuket), confirmed to The Phuket News today (May 7).

The news follows officials in Bangkok last Thursday announcing that all “recreation areas” were allowed to re-open from May 1. However, that prompted much confusion in Phuket whether or not beaches on the island were considered “recreation areas” in Phuket.

Ms Bussya told The Phuket News today that the ongoing ban on all visitors to any beaches in Phuket was ratified by order of the Phuket Governor that is dated as issued on May 1, and marked as coming into effect on May 3, and publicly posted on the PR Phuket official Facebook page on Monday night (May 4).

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-beaches-remain-closed-confirmed-75989.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-05-07

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SoilSpoil said:

Thats it for this year with the monsoon arriving soon. Both Phukets and Phang Nga beaches will be empty untill November anyway. Great for long beach walks.

"The monsoon arriving"? Phuket has a monsoon 365 days of the year.

I'm guessing you mean the rainy season.

6 minutes ago, Ketyo said:

Where is the scientific evidence that says you are more likely to catch covid on a hot open beach in the fresh air than in shopping centre with recycled central air conditioned air and people all around?

Is Prayut and his government educated and intelligent enough to make decisions based on evidence and science? No.

This is not related to catching a virus on the beach, it is related to avoiding gatherings.

Your comment that prayuth et all are not intelligent and smart is arrogance at its best.

• Like 1

Since the beach is a form of enjoyment for dirty farangs, let's keep them closed. 

Coming up next: racial laws. Covid-free people like China passport holders can access the beach. Dirty people with European, American and other infected passports cannot.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

This is not related to catching a virus on the beach, it is related to avoiding gatherings.

Your comment that prayuth et all are not intelligent and smart is arrogance at its best.

So, going to supermarket with no access control is not a gathering?

1 minute ago, Sundown said:

So, going to supermarket with no access control is not a gathering?

I'm giving you the reasons behind this ban. Asking me why you can go to the supermarket does not make sense, but if you feel this way, maybe ask Prayuth to forbid going to the supermarket.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I'm giving you the reasons behind this ban. Asking me why you can go to the supermarket does not make sense, but if you feel this way, maybe ask Prayuth to forbid going to the supermarket.

I see that the reason is the rule that bans gatherings. Then, every form of gathering should be banned, no matter where. When I go to the beach I hardly see gatherings unless it's patong beach in high season. Mostly it's a single person or couples distanced by a lot. The beach should be one of the safest place (a lot of distancing and open air).

Banning the beach is non sense like it would be banning the streets or banning the supermarkets. This is what I'm saying. 

Edited by Sundown
  • Like 1

Mr Bussaya Chaipeum can you explain why the beaches are closed?  Other countries have the water open but sitting on the beach prohibited... ie: you arrive... go in for a swim... get out and dry off... go home..... WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT WITH THAT?????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sundown said:

I see that the reason is the rule that bans gatherings. Then, every form of gathering should be banned, no matter where. When I go to the beach I hardly see gatherings unless it's patong beach in high season. Mostly it's a single person or couples distanced by a lot. The beach should be one of the safest place (a lot of distancing and open air).

Banning the beach is non sense like it would be banning the streets or banning the supermarkets. This is what I'm saying. 

And I agree with that.

• Like 1

Me thinks it’s more aimed at Thais who love to go to the sea with mats, Mekong, mother’s n father babies pets cousins neighbours and set up camp for drinking and picnics and not falang per se.

9 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

"The monsoon arriving"? Phuket has a monsoon 365 days of the year.

I'm guessing you mean the rainy season.

The monsoon winds usually arrive early May and last untill late October. After that the wind direction changes again. The rainy season in Phuket is called the monsoon.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Me thinks it’s more aimed at Thais who love to go to the sea with mats, Mekong, mother’s n father babies pets cousins neighbours and set up camp for drinking and picnics and not falang per se.

Spot on, as those who venture outside the principal tourist beaches will know.

For example, who's been to the far north of Layan, or either end of Nai Yang? Generally, the Thais do not go to the beach to swim, apart from a few of the kids.

8 hours ago, London Lowf said:

Spot on, as those who venture outside the principal tourist beaches will know.

For example, who's been to the far north of Layan, or either end of Nai Yang? Generally, the Thais do not go to the beach to swim, apart from a few of the kids.

Just curious, what percentage of Thai families do you see sitting out in the sun?  The beach that I go to in the south part of the island the percentage would be about 5%, which are the kids. No Thai adults that I see ever sit in the sun.   Of course now that more studies have come out on vitamin D, the government should be encouraging going into the sun a few minutes per day.  

• Like 1