Phuket beaches remain closed: confirmed

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, pattayadgw said:

Yeah... bring back the tourists who can LOOK AT A BEAUTIFUL VIRGIN BEACH... LOOK BUT PLEASE DON'T TOUCH!!  PATHETIC.... WHAT A JOKE!!!

No evidence of them seeking to bring back tourists at the moment. The airport is still closed to all traffic. I would think when the door is again open for tourism the beaches will be open.

However, I do think they should be open to locals for limited use now

• Like 1

Lots of people snubbing the closure of the exercise walking track opposite the back gates of Wat Chalong, just ducking under the "Do not use signs" and getting some exercise in, no big groups and all being sensible re the distancing by the looks. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Just curious, what percentage of Thai families do you see sitting out in the sun?  The beach that I go to in the south part of the island the percentage would be about 5%, which are the kids. No Thai adults that I see ever sit in the sun.   Of course now that more studies have come out on vitamin D, the government should be encouraging going into the sun a few minutes per day.  

Agreed that they do not congregate out in thre sun on the sand but rather they set up under the trees, which I guess is why the beaches that I mentioned are so popular – they are absolutely packed on bank/religous holiday weekends.

But, for the purposes of the current restrictions, I would assume that these areas are part of the “beach”. I’m not there at the moment so I can’t confirm.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Wrong.

May until October is the South-West monsoon. It then changes to the dry North-East monsoon.

The word "monsoon" refers to wind, not rain.

Ok then, youre probably correct. Being locked out of both Phuket and Phang Nga, and staying in Surat, I wonder if the monsoon, rainy season, has started already. 

On 5/9/2020 at 10:08 PM, SoilSpoil said:

Ok then, youre probably correct. Being locked out of both Phuket and Phang Nga, and staying in Surat, I wonder if the monsoon, rainy season, has started already. 

Only "probably" correct?

Sort of. We are getting rain, but, it's from the south-east and sometimes from the east. The wind still has to swing around to the south-west.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Only "probably" correct?

Sort of. We are getting rain, but, it's from the south-east and sometimes from the east. The wind still has to swing around to the south-west.

Yes, very classic weather pattern, with unstable weather while the wind shifts.

• Like 1