Hungry hippo for sale

Ron jeremy

20 hours ago, VBF said:

The owner himself told me back in March that he was selling for health issues.

Again? I would like to be fit like this guy and open and sell all the time restaurants. What I don't understand is a review by the new owner of the Chunky Monkey on Google Maps. He writes that you should not eat at his restaurant Chunky Monkey but at the Happy Hippo. Does not make sense to me to say please eat at my competition. Does anyone understand this? Below from Google Maps a review at the Chunky Monkey from the owner of the Chunky Monkey. 

Chunky Monkey.png

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Again? I would like to be fit like this guy and open and sell all the time restaurants. What I don't understand is a review by the new owner of the Chunky Monkey on Google Maps. He writes that you should not eat at his restaurant Chunky Monkey but at the Happy Hippo. Does not make sense to me to say please eat at my competition. Does anyone understand this? Below from Google Maps a review at the Chunky Monkey from the owner of the Chunky Monkey. 

Chunky Monkey.png

Probably a fake profile because it makes no sense why he would say that, the question is who did write it

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

Again? I would like to be fit like this guy and open and sell all the time restaurants. 

I'm obviously not going into details, but I am certain that his health issues are real and originated with injuries some years ago. That's as much detail on a private matter that I shall divulge, so if you want to know more, go and ask him yourself. He's very open to discussion but it's for him to explain not me.

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Probably a fake profile because it makes no sense why he would say that, the question is who did write it

This site on Google Maps was there already when the Happy Hippo owner still had the Chunky Monkey. I don't think that he would allow anyone to claim it on Google Maps. Perhaps he is still owner and wants to move the customers to the Happy Hippo? Perhaps his friends here know more. I was just wondering since I had the information that he sold the Chunky Monkey. Perhaps this was not correct. 

4 hours ago, VBF said:

I'm obviously not going into details, but I am certain that his health issues are real and originated with injuries some years ago. That's as much detail on a private matter that I shall divulge, so if you want to know more, go and ask him yourself. He's very open to discussion but it's for him to explain not me.

If he has health issues, how is it he can be developing and flipping restaurants? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

anyone buying into a bar now needs to see a psychiatrist first ... imo

Well, if you have the money, and can afford to lose it, why not?  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, balo said:

Buying HH would be ok, it won't crash and burn like many places, just don't change anything, keep the model the same. The risk is a new owner will <deleted> it up

18 hours ago, steven100 said:

anyone buying into a bar now needs to see a psychiatrist first ... imo

imo needs good audio and visual on there person 1st.....anyone crossing the threshold looking for a backhander gets exactly that....a Backhander!!! imho

14 hours ago, Leaver said:

If he has health issues, how is it he can be developing and flipping restaurants? 

Go and ask him!!!

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Buying HH would be ok, it won't crash and burn like many places, just don't change anything, keep the model the same. The risk is a new owner will <deleted> it up

The future of the world (not just pattaya ) is in flux just now and nobody seems to know how it's going to pan out.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 6:41 PM, losworld said:

Good opportunity for those looking to money launder. 

you know what ML is?

only if you can get the money back, no using losing it ,laundering is getting it back,otherwise just throw it away

Edited by georgegeorgia

On 5/9/2020 at 10:55 PM, balo said:

But your not loosing it, your getting an early start on returning back to your country of origin to re-enter the work force.  Where else can you turn 2, 3, 4 or 5 million Baht into just 1 million in a short time....

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

But your not loosing it, your getting an early start on returning back to your country of origin to re-enter the work force.  Where else can you turn 2, 3, 4 or 5 million Baht into just 1 million in a short time....

If you wash it too hot it might shrink a bit. You need the correct procedure for laundering it. 

22 minutes ago, Oldie said:

If you wash it too hot it might shrink a bit. You need the correct procedure for laundering it. 

Yes I definitely forgot about that, can not use a dryer, it needs to hang on a line and then be pressed to get all of the wrinkles out, Oh and the Covid...

On 5/9/2020 at 10:51 AM, Oldie said:

Chunky Monkey.png

He sold the bricks and mortar of the Chunky Monkey but not the web presence.  He still owns the account on whatever review site that came from, so can post as Chunky Monkey even though he no longer owns  the restaurant.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, treetops said:

He sold the bricks and mortar of the Chunky Monkey but not the web presence.  He still owns the account on whatever review site that came from, so can post as Chunky Monkey even though he no longer owns  the restaurant.

I know that he was owner of the Chunky Monkey and I ate there once after he just opened (checked the site on Google Maps first and it was there already). I didn't understand why he sold it after a couple of months. In the end the new Hungry Hippo 200 meters away is a copy of the Chunky Monkey. Perhaps his real business is opening and selling restaurants. The Hungry Hippo is on sale now too not long after he opened it. Not sure if the owner of the Chunky Monkey knows about the business presentation on Google Maps :-) I was just wondering about this strange review there. You don't see this often that the owner of a restaurant says that his food is not good and you better eat at the nearby competition. 

I just looked on Google Maps again and I even found a 2nd bad review by the "owner". Very interesting... 

Chunky Monkey 2.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, treetops said:

I think the moron doesn't realize that he has some cookies on his PC and that Google still see him as the owner.

Would really be interesting if those reviews were forwarded to the current Chunky Monkey owner, I feel a lawsuit is coming.

What you think VBF, you're ready for it?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Susco said:

I think the moron doesn't realize that he has some cookies on his PC and that Google still see him as the owner.

Would really be interesting if those reviews were forwarded to the current Chunky Monkey owner, I feel a lawsuit is coming.

What you think VBF, you're ready for it?

It is not about cookies. Everybody can add an entry on Google Maps. But this entry is "claimed". That means somebody has the user for this account / entry. And this user gets all reviews and is the "owner". 

Edited by Oldie
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oldie said:

It is not about cookies. Everybody can add an entry on Google Maps. But this entry is "claimed". That means somebody has the user for this account / entry. And this user gets all reviews and is the "owner". 

I don't really understand what that means, but to me it's quite obvious that the current owner of the Chunky Monkey isn't writing those reviews.

So previous owner must be involved in these "reviews"

Edited by Susco

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

I don't really understand what that means, but to me it's quite obvious that the current owner of the Chunky Monkey isn't writing those reviews.

So previous owner must be involved in these "reviews"

I don't know. Perhaps somebody should ask the current Chunky Monkey owner why he writes such bad things about his business. Would be interesting to know because you don't see something like this often ????

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Tomhurst123 said:

Good man and good buisness, he genuine just wants to move back to the U.K. with his health problems. Cant begrudge a man who has money sense

The timing wasn't great, unfortunately.  The owner's going to have to take a hit on this.  

My bonuses at work for this financial year and next are pretty much doomed.  We're all suffering.