Hungry hippo for sale

Ron jeremy

16 hours ago, treetops said:

He sold the bricks and mortar of the Chunky Monkey but not the web presence.  He still owns the account on whatever review site that came from, so can post as Chunky Monkey even though he no longer owns  the restaurant.

It would have to be getting close to defamation, or a breach of the computer crimes act, and the BiB would be hungry for any type of extortion at the moment.  

On 5/11/2020 at 1:05 PM, Susco said:

I think the moron doesn't realize that he has some cookies on his PC and that Google still see him as the owner.

Would really be interesting if those reviews were forwarded to the current Chunky Monkey owner, I feel a lawsuit is coming.

What you think VBF, you're ready for it?

What EVER has it got to do with me?

I think the previous owner had put the name of Chunky Monkey restaurant on Google map when he started the buisness (through his Google account) - so all his publications for this business are automatically marked as Owner. But is is silly to publish these posts logged in at the previous owner's Google account ))

The new owner can put another name on the map under his own Google account (Chunky Monkey or any other) at the same place - by clicking Add a business.

Obviously there is no/not enough control of these matters from the side of Google. 

Новый рисунок.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 12:59 AM, georgegeorgia said:

you know what ML is?

only if you can get the money back, no using losing it ,laundering is getting it back,otherwise just throw it away

Money launderers the world over are happy to get back a little more than they would have netted had they paid the taxes they're dodging.  In the case of cleaning up drug money, even less.  A lot less. 

Paying $60,000 for a front that allows someone to cycle back $$ millions in yaba money seems like a reasonable proposition.  Paying that for key money to a leased bar/restaurant in a country on indefinite lockdown, not so much.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, torturedsole said:

Google can't police every last review.  Up to the new owner to update the business profile.  

This is correct. The owner of a business has to care about his presence on the internet. If he allows bad comments about his own business obviously in his name then he has to go against this. Thailand has strong laws in this regard and if he does not care then it his decision even if it is hard to understand. Perhaps the (new) owner of the Chunky Monkey does not know about this. Perhaps somebody who eats there could ask him.

Google Maps is a public place and used by many. I often check the reviews there before I use a business. And I guess I am not the only one. Just look at the number of reviews alone. 

In case the sale of HH isn't for health reasons and just another flip, the buyer could make the sell conditional on the seller not working within a mile, or something like that. That should flush out the truth

Edited by scubascuba3

On 5/8/2020 at 8:14 PM, SteveK said:

Having to earn in excess of 100k a month before you can pay yourself a wage, (and having to use your savings to prop up the business otherwise) I wouldn't be interested even if the business was free. Maybe I am just a cynic.

You a cynic? Never. Pragmatist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, impulse said:

Money launderers the world over are happy to get back a little more than they would have netted had they paid the taxes they're dodging.  In the case of cleaning up drug money, even less.  A lot less. 

Paying $60,000 for a front that allows someone to cycle back $$ millions in yaba money seems like a reasonable proposition.  Paying that for key money to a leased bar/restaurant in a country on indefinite lockdown, not so much.

Always wondered how it worked, now it makes perfect sense.

Sounds like someone will always have dirty money to clean but there where still a lot of empty units before all this.

On 5/13/2020 at 1:46 PM, scubascuba3 said:

In case the sale of HH isn't for health reasons and just another flip, the buyer could make the sell conditional on the seller not working within a mile, or something like that. That should flush out the truth

So, his Thai wife or partner opens up The Hungrier Hippo just down the road after the sale.  Of course, he had nothing to do with it, due to ill health.  ????

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

So, his Thai wife or partner opens up The Hungrier Hippo just down the road after the sale.  Of course, he had nothing to do with it, due to ill health.  ????

YIp, that's what they do here, see some business making a few baht so decide to copy, then the next, then the next.

Good luck preventing that here.

9 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

YIp, that's what they do here, see some business making a few baht so decide to copy, then the next, then the next.

Good luck preventing that here.

Can't prevent it.  So why buy an existing business?  Better to buy an old run down place, and copy the competition yourself.  Why pay for "good will?"  

• Confused 2