Britain heading for a limited easing of lockdown next week

webfact

1 minute ago, natway09 said:

I certainly hope that they are very limited restrictions,

The UK never took it seriously anyway,

My friend returned via Heathrow 3 days ago from Thailand, no checks, questions, request for accommodation details   ,,,,,,,,,nothing just walked straight through ,,,,,,shocking really

We just need out of the EU and then we will have full control of our bord... oh, wait - scratch that thought. 

1 hour ago, vogie said:

"We Scots = The SNP.

Looks like she speaks for quite a few of us.

Three quarters approve of the Scottish Government’s handling of COVID 19

"With the lockdown now in its fifth week, new YouGov research finds that the Scottish Government has overwhelming support when it comes to its handling of the coronavirus. Three quarters (74%) of Scots think the Holyrood-based institution is doing well, with just one in five (19%) saying they’re doing a bad job. The devolved Government also has cross-party support, with 70% of both Labour and Conservative voters supporting their handling of the crisis."

9 hours ago, Yinn said:

Some westerners refuse the mask, protest social distance, want to shake everyone hand. 

Fight for “ human rights”.

Think a virus care about “human right”? Gee. Stupid.

Protest the virus??? Virus not speak English sure.

By far the mayority of the available face masks might stop bacteria, but NOT small aerosols with viruses in it. Even some Chinese publish it in their quotiation:  "NOT to stop virusses..."

Those textiel masks... might prevent a musquito to fly in, but that's about it.

THE RISK is, that people might go to believe, they are 100% protected when wearing a mask, so will forget "social distancing". Even the standard "civil" type of surgical masks - if properly used - will stop a 20-40% of the virusses. So, when used as extra safety ... it might work out.

I am in the international food trade, but.. get a 3-10 intro's from China a day. When I try to verify the CE of even FDA-certification they hold up, ... the real truth shows up.

I also ask my Chinese friends ( like freight forwarder) to check:

"And I checked this  company (XYZ Travel Products Co., Limited). I didn't find it.

So you know this one might be lying to you, please note it ". 

Recently discovered, a Dutch Co sold over 1.5 MILLION quick corona blood tests to over 20 countries. Sold as: Made in Netherlands, inclusive all documentation. Proved to be Chinese origin and... over 50% of the results proved to be wrong... 

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Don't believe a word of what the BBC say, especially regarding Scotland.

Also, the fact that Bill Gates sponsors the BBC is scary.

Go on, you'll tell me that Apple sponsor ITV next, Zuckerberg = Channel 4 and Bezos = Channel 5.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

a charge the government dismisses by saying it has taken the right decisions at the right time.

have heard that somewhere and yet the numbers keep climbing..... easing lock down to allow the 2nd wave in. With an hair do like that,  sure he can't think straight, better get an hair cut and fast

9 hours ago, Yinn said:

30,000 die in hospital already. 10,000+ more in “care homes”.

500+ everyday. Worse one in Europe.

300+ NEW infections everyday.

The peak not finish in UK, not control it, but want to open quickly for money. IMO is stupid, will increase again, must close again. For what?

UK do bad job control covid already. Now will be worse more. 

I hope thailand government ban UK tourist come until it finish there. Maybe in one year?

And Italian, French, USA, German tourists. Ban them as well?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

True, but Scotland is one of the most sparsely populated countries in the world, a bit like New Zealand. London alone has almost double the population of Scotland. That I think is a kicker.

Scotland's population density 67 people per km sq
England's population density 671 people per km sq

Scotland = Glasgow, Edingburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee and some "villages" see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_towns_and_cities_in_Scotland_by_population

The virus has big problems to spread there, same in Sweden.

1 minute ago, stouricks said:

Do not worry, they will not travel far away. The Thai tourist industry will thank that....

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Yinn said:

Some westerners refuse the mask, protest social distance, want to shake everyone hand. 

Fight for “ human rights”.

Think a virus care about “human right”? Gee. Stupid.

Protest the virus??? Virus not speak English sure.

C1D65A9E-BD2F-46F7-9768-46099A22DBAA.jpeg

0549C871-002A-4926-9D99-4446AC5D25BE.jpeg

35E48DED-D8CB-4B1D-A2C9-52CD92F09EBE.jpeg

8F1469C8-B3AD-46D2-89FD-4DA0DCE7D735.jpeg

Masks had no impact, full lockdown had no impact - Study of 30 countries finds

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yinn said:

30,000 die in hospital already. 10,000+ more in “care homes”.

500+ everyday. Worse one in Europe.

300+ NEW infections everyday.

The peak not finish in UK, not control it, but want to open quickly for money. IMO is stupid, will increase again, must close again. For what?

UK do bad job control covid already. Now will be worse more. 

I hope thailand government ban UK tourist come until it finish there. Maybe in one year?

Getting a bit racist there Yinn. In my village NO THAIS are wearing masks, there is a wedding party going on as I write, alcohol flowing freely in Phitsanulok province, and the 'checkpoint' guys are doing absolutely naff all, you can drive when and where you want.

18 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Yes. 

All country can not control, can not come. 

Sensible.

New Zealand etc can.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Yes. 

Sensible.

New Zealand etc can.

And get Thailand to put out 'genuine' numbers IF they can test enough people. Same as road deaths, they don't count if they do not happen at the roadside.

Anyway, good to see you back Yinn.

Edited by stouricks

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

Yes. 

Sensible.

New Zealand etc can.

Luckily you in are not control of Thai immigration policy and it's up to them who can come in.

New Zealand have isolated themselves from the world, you can't hide forever.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Actually the figures suggest it has peaked.

image.png.2d53e48be26cc64506c5e27fb0a47bec.png

There's also little evidence to suggest that full lockdown is better than social distancing. Thailand and Sweden are 2 examples of countries that didn't do a full lockdown and are doing better than other countries that did a full lockdown.

On the money issue, do you realize that a weak economy leads to increased deaths in the population in the long term? So it's not as simple as saying "You care economy more than you care people". You are over-simplifying things.

Sorry you naive. 

You believe that graph? 

So the virus have weekend rest? (In the green circle)

UK under report, 42%+. 

Compare thailand to Sweden? 

No. Thailand under 100 death, Sweden over. Have more than Thailand in total EVERYDAY.

B628037F-5BCC-43BA-B219-9B82C7F53E43.jpeg

Edited by Yinn

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Boris is a total failure and the sooner we Scots get independence the better!

Wow. Smart woman. 21 dead

Wow. Stupid man. 30,000+ dead

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

True, but Scotland is one of the most sparsely populated countries in the world, a bit like New Zealand. London alone has almost double the population of Scotland. That I think is a kicker.

Scotland's population density 67 people per km sq
England's population density 671 people per km sq

England is actually 259/km2 - you figure of 671 is per square mile

USA population density is 36/km2

I don't think it is any kind of kicker, whatever that might be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Wow. Smart woman. 21 dead

Wow. Stupid man. 30,000+ dead

I think you will find that the demographics of western European countries and the USA compared to NZ are not comparable. Densely populated cities compared to a country with more sheep than humans.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stouricks said:

And get Thailand to put out 'genuine' numbers IF they can test enough people. Same as road deaths, they don't count if they do not happen at the roadside.

Anyway, good to see you back Yinn.

UK corona death count only in hospital.

They not test old people and tell them to go back to “care home”. Many die because this. Spreader.

IMO it same murder. Shocking behavior. 1000+ dead because that.

Road deaths counting is problem in Thailand. I agree that. 

Also think UK corona testing is problem. 

Probably some more die in Thailand. But not 10,000+ same UK, USA, Italy etc. 

Competing different countries just on the number of cases or death without adjusting for population,population  density, culture, social resources etc, and attributing results  to a single policy is nonsensical.

New Zealand has a population of about 5 million people and Thailand has a population of about 70 million. 

Personally I am   more concerned about peoples ability to put things in proper perspective than I am of viruses , in the end it will not be the viruses that get as , it will our stupidity. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

You do realize that Thailand seemingly being spared the worst was nothing more than luck (and probably climate) and it was nothing more than that. Pure luck. 

I have a feeling that you obsess about what the west is doing because you feel that Thailand did something special, when it didn't.

Wrong. 

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/who-praises-thailands-coronavirus-measures

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Agree with you, but would add that London and the South East are different to the other parts of England and Wales. Dense populations, many from sectors of the community that have been statistically identified as more at risk and the entry point for many arrivals into the UK. UK doesn't test arrivals and hasn't closed its borders.

Yes and I don't mean to suggest that London and the southeast are typical.  There are hot spots like the West Midlands and other areas where the population is denser.  Likewise there are areas like the lake district and Northumberland where the population is much thinner.  But my point was that for somewhere like New Zealand you could probably compare to those less populated areas  but not to the densely populated ones.

And it is true that the UK hasn't closed it's borders or checked arrivals and that will no doubt raise questions at the appropriate time.  The British government have made mistakes and been slow to respond and so have other countries.  I used to live in Hong Kong and they have dealt with this pandemic impressively.  However they have some history with SARs (I was there then) and so this time the people knew just what to do and quickly.  In the west all this came out of the blue and we weren't geared up to respond at all, generally running around like headless chickens.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Boris is a total failure and the sooner we Scots get independence the better!

If you had got independence Scotland would now be bankrupt and joining Branson with the begging bowl. All their future estimates were based on oil revenue.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, puchooay said:

As an Englishman I totally agree with you. Let's set free a major drain on the English economy.

Do you know how much the government has made off of oil over the past 4 decades? Why do you think the British government want to keep Scotland? It certainly isn't to give the Scots money!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, webfact said:

very limited easing of Britain's coronavirus

Most stupid idea..... unless UK want to be Number One in Corona cases AND deaths! 

Unfortunately only number one in Europe! 

But Bojo is working on it! 

????