Free or very cheap phone offers by operators

All 3 major operators have offers for phones that seem very good, free or almost free phones. However, most of the information is in Thai, so before I go there one of these days, anyone have any information on the catch(es)?

all that I have seen here come with an obligation to pay monthly fees for a lengthy period which, in total, comes to far more than buying the phone free of contract. Same in uk.

Good money spinner for phone operators who buy the phones cheap and sell them at a high cost to folks who dont do the math, or need credit.

• Thanks 1

Open desktop website for ais dtac ...

Copy thai text to translate, read the requirements. Prices advertised has many catches, sign up for 1-2 year package, that add up. Some years since I asked in Ais store, was told only for thai / WP required. As always different answers so I quickly gave up that idea.

A gf wife can apply though.

Some Samsung phones made in Korea, for sale on Lazada.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The plans they are now rolling out have been standard fare in the US with all of the major carriers for many years already.  The only way out is to purchase an unlocked phone for whatever price you can afford and then sign up for a cheap plan or pay as you go like the Thais do...

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

You can get an OK (Realmi/Oppo, Huwai or similar) for around ThB3000 from one of the online suppliers. DTAC will sell you unlimited Internet at 580mbps, plus free calls to DTAC numbers for ThB100 a week. It works out much cheaper - my last phone lasted 4 years. If you buy one of the offers from the companies not only are you locked in to their plan, but the phone will only work on their network, which makes it useless if you travel, and renders the dual sim option fairly pointless.

• Thanks 1